welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb. 9: Not the same.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Feb. 9: Not the same. Reply with quote

Shame.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leohan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me happy. Thanks, Tat! ^^

Last edited by Leohan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not the same, this could never be the same
And we just want to survive

Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're no Bonnie and Clyde anymore. Slick cracks a sexist joke and the sisterhood will be all over him. And 'Nique's probably outgrown their childish shenanigans.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art's nice.
Psiwrite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This...this is really sad...
king rat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking it's sad because Slick earlier professed his love to 'Nique, and she already glossed it over, even though he was serious.

However, it's weirder that in earlier years, they've ended up in hardcore solidarity against the Big D's Illuminati plots, on all fronts.

It's starting to look like the Patriarchy Army has really brainwashed Monique of some personality aspects...

That's kinda disturbing. At the very least, she could remind him of what they had done together, but she really seems clueless.

Maybe Slick's perceived problem is that he's used to having her hit on by lots of guys while they're talking, or something?

Maybe he misses the sexual tension between them, but as a personal, not an 'objectifying' thing. (Remember, it's established canon he really cares for her.)
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how it's all 'Niques fault?... She didn't turn him away and she wasn't the one that's uncomfortable.
king rat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I muddled the message.

They have a long and complicated relationship. I'm just sorry that at that particular time they couldn't remember the other points they drew together to defy the Devil...

but everyone has times they go 'why the heck am I just sitting around, whatevs, then get back up and go do something else, despite what they meant to do before.

Those just aren't as entertaining in comic form.
Raal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like only one of them grew up :/
Catel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this strip sad.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends growing apart and finding that they don't have much to talk about or do together is always sad. Especially since none of Slick's other friends really hang out with him that much anymore either. But it happens. It's apart of life, and growing up. You just have to get used to it.

But there's always hope - hope of meeting new friends. Hope of someday, in the future, getting back in touch and rekindling the strong friendship felt before. Hope of memories and bonding. Life is a funny thing. Friendship is complicated. You never know what's going to happen.

Just because Slick and Nique are currently out of touch with one another doesn't mean that further down the road they won't be able to get back in touch and hang out the way they used to. It's just right now, Slick has quite some growing up to do.

But... keep in mind panel three. She seems perfectly comfortable and happy to just sit alone with him in silence. She still likes him and cares about him, even if they're kind of out of touch. She's happy to spend time with him as long as he's not being... you know... sexist or a jerk. The only problem here is not enough is happening for him. He needs constant communication. Constant reassurance that they're definitely still friends. Nique needs no such confirmation.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's no longer seeking attention, he misses that... or it could be a accumulation of all the stuff people have said that they miss the old nique for all rolled into slick. Or both... defiantly both.
sammich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart bleeds for them. It's always horrible when a friendship just fades away.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of things going on here, some involve sexism, some don't, but in the end it's like what's been said: They aren't the same people they used to be. I don't think it's not just 'Nique, it's Slick too. Time was he didn't keep things inside. He was overtly crass. HE would have made a pass or two at her. But remember: the guy's literately been through hell and back. I don't think it's fair nor accurate (with only this one strip that is) to start making too much of a judgement on their relationship with each other.

On shipping: If you think about, Slick actually has more of a chance now than ever. I mean she has given him chances, he blew it. Maybe if he has gotten his shit together, but who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: