Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1127, 1128, 1129  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I have a formal chemistry lab report, a normal chemistry lab report and a computer science lab due next week, as well as midterms for both chemistry and physics. This week is going to be hectic and crazy as fuck for me.

+I get to visit my family for a couple days right afterwards. Going to be nice seeing the family again, it gets kind of lonely in dorm. Also delicious homecooked food.

- I have class in less than 4 hours and I haven't slept yet. DAMN YOU INTERNET!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I should be doing: writing a paper about celiac disease, studying histology (AKA identifyin' shit through a microscope), reading up on the physiology of the alimentary system (guts), catching up on some research I need to know inside and out before friday the 22nd... you know, lots of stuff.

What I'm doing: Putting my shoes on to go for a run. At least it's not Netflix (this time).
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I should be doing: working on a biomath dsl, putting together slides for a conference I'm giving a talk at next week, refining the results of some genome analysis, etc etc

what I'm actually doing: Netflix

... not really, I've never even used Netflix. I'm actually eating junk food salad and listening to mlp fanmusic
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procrastination ^5

EDIT:
Dogen wrote:
What I'm doing: Putting my shoes on to go for a run. At least it's not Netflix (this time).

Just got an email from Netflix telling me season 7 of Futurama is available... it's like they're trying to ruin me! ... and it's working...
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that job interview.
Well I got a mail saying that I left a positive impression and that we will stay in touch. And than I got .....nothing
Until this Thursday, a mail from the guy who did the interview with me saying, please contact me on skype to give an update.
So I added him on skype, sent a message to him...and then I got.....nothing

On the plus side a friend got a job there who has similar experience as me.
And I found out today that another colleague with considerably less experience got a job there.

So I am pretty well ...crushed.
Why I am posting this in a mixed bag I don't know I am trying to draw something positive from this I suppose. I guess I know how much I am really worth on the job market.
Speeking of trying to draw something positive, I stumbled upon this today, and it sums up perfectly how I feel:

The plus is I still got my old job..... yeah that's it.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks to hear that martian!
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This job thing has become more of a drama than any dating situation I've been in.

So basically the guy skypes me about 20 mins ago. Apologizing for not contacting me back. I admit that I thought it was a done deal, and thinking that be nice if they told me so.
And he proceeds to tell me that, that he is not sure if there will be another position or not and that it's up to their client no them. And than he continues to sort of apolagize or at least justify them not informing.

The nice guy I am I decide to not be a prick about it anymore, thank him. And tell him that even if this falls through I hope we will be working together in the future.

So...now ...I wait some more....more uncertainty.

I hate this, I am on the verge of saying 'forget it I am not interested anymore', but impatience was always one of my weaknesses.

I do feel bad dragging this forum into the drama. So from now on I won't keep you posted, until I know the final outcome for sure.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I ever remember you posting any "drama"
And you waited for months to hear about a life changing decision. It's not unreasonable to want to communicate about that.
You can totally vent here, martian, we think you're cool :)
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto that. and you are quite right to vent. when you apply for a job, the person doing the hiring should _know_ that you are more than a little interested in the outcome. i know, it's hard telling someone that it they didn't make the cut, or the job didn't actually materialize, or whatever the bad news is - but jeez, it's nothing compared to how hard it is to be left on tenterhooks.

so yeah - don't worry about talking about that stuff here.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, don't you know? When you complain in a public forum, that's when stuff happens! I mean, it works for me...
Pint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to vent. It will make you feel better!
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does make me feel better, or at least helps me see things as they are.

The situation at the current job is interesting, there are about 15 people in my department and three quit in three weeks. My boss who is generally a nice guy, isn't taking this too well.

If this goes on it could warrant a separate thread. Razz

And yes Annie that thought actually occurred to me, I thought "maybe the interviewer guy is reading this thread".
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian Kyo wrote:
I do feel bad dragging this forum into the drama. So from now on I won't keep you posted, until I know the final outcome for sure.

Let me tell ya a little something about dragging drama into here. I'm pretty much an expert on the topic of dragging the forum into personal drama. At this point, most of the people here know my medical history well enough, better then some of my doctors I'd wager.

You keep doing it. That's what this thread, and forum for the most part, is for.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinfest and catharsis go together so well, like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, whips and chains, blow jobs and reach arounds . . . wait, what were we talking about?

Yeah, I wish I was ignorant to the whole job search ordeal.

Dogen: Guess what else is on Netflix:
http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-nabs-cartoon-network-adult-swim-2013-1

Quote:
Complete past seasons of Cartoon Network shows such as "Adventure Time," "Ben 10," "Regular Show" and "Johnny Bravo" will join Warner Bros. Animation's "Green Lantern" in the "Just for Kids" section of Netflix Instant on March 30. Adult Swim's "Robot Chicken," "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," "The Boondocks" and "Children's Hospital" will also become available at that time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jinx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Sinfest and catharsis go together so well, like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, whips and chains, blow jobs and reach arounds . . . wait, what were we talking about?

Um, I think you're doing it wrong. Or, maybe we just have different ideas of how a reach-around works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1127, 1128, 1129  Next
Page 1081 of 1129

Jump to: