welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zot the Wise wrote:
You know... the activities Slick used the Fembot for say a lot about what he really wants. Libido aside, he didn't just want some sexdoll. He wanted a genuine girlfriend. Of course the sisterhood was only too eager to ride past and be a buzzkill. What's-her-face was right though. Slick knew it too. He just wanted to pretend for awhile, I suppose. Love hasn't been very kind to that poor kid.

I don't think there's any coincidence that this particular strip came out after yesterday's. Slick's character was partly defined by his desire to have a real romantic relationship with 'Nique for the better part of a decade and, while he has moved on, he still wants to be fulfilled by a relationship.

Ersatz love is what most people turn to when they can't have the real thing. That's why strip clubs are still in business and prostitutes will always have clients.
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammich wrote:

Ersatz love is what most people turn to when they can't have the real thing. That's why strip clubs are still in business and prostitutes will always have clients.
Uhm... sometimes people just want sex, no need to find love. Many prostitute clients just want sex, no love involved.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say I wouldn't care if she was fake, but a flawed part of me insists on admitting that's a lie. Eventually, I'd want a real person too. Maybe.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... did the fembot run away because, despite Slick trying to make her real, that he still wanted to control her, or just because?

EDIT:

I now realize that this strip would be a direct affront against /a/nons who claim to have waifus... unironically or just fed up with 3DPD.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.

Last edited by Holocauxt on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
sammich wrote:

Uhm... sometimes people just want sex, no need to find love. Many prostitute clients just want sex, no love involved.

That'd only be like the occasional sex addict, where as the far majority of people who end up doing things like that do it because they're wanting some sort of physical closeness to fill a desire for passion or love. And truthfully, even the sex addict in most cases is going to be attaching emotions to it, or else most wouldn't be addicted.

Besides, I think the few people that can truly have sex without attaching emotions to it are in a special category. And honestly I don't usually like those kind of people anyway, as they generally don't care for the emotions or feelings of others in general either.

There's also the truly logical minded types, but often they are simply less interested in physical contact anyway.

I think sammich is right on the money with why people frequent strip clubs, etc. Whether it's someone desperate or someone addicted, the emotions behind the matter drive people to do that more than just cut-and-dry wanting to have sex. If no emotion is involved that same person would probably be just as happy "taking care of them-self".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be glad it wasn't a second hand refurbished sexbot, those things just put a bullet through their head after what they've had to put up with...

Saw this same idea in another comic where that exact thing happened.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Just be glad it wasn't a second hand refurbished sexbot, those things just put a bullet through their head after what they've had to put up with...

Saw this same idea in another comic where that exact thing happened.

I know what webcomic you are speaking about. A fairy granted life to all sexdolls, and all of them committed suicide, save one who was in fact an embalmed corpse stolen from a grave. That one grabbed a gun and swore to kill the necrophile (killing herself would have turned her back again into a necrophilic sex toy).

Zot the Wise wrote:
You know... the activities Slick used the Fembot for say a lot about what he really wants. Libido aside, he didn't just want some sexdoll. He wanted a genuine girlfriend. Of course the sisterhood was only too eager to ride past and be a buzzkill. What's-her-face was right though. Slick knew it too. He just wanted to pretend for awhile, I suppose. Love hasn't been very kind to that poor kid.

Poor Slick. I wish he found a girlfriend, but since Tat hasn't given him any permanent character growth, and girls won't date a slightly pervy man-child (given the current mood of the comic), I fear Tat will end the comic leaving him alone.

If he can't find a real girlfriend, shouldn't he be allowed at least the fantasy of having one? He wasn't hurting anybody. It wouldn't work in the long run, but, isn't it cruel to deny him that lie that helps him be happy for a time? People use TV, movies, video-games...etc., to evade from reality and imagine they are somebody else or that they have what they desire all the time...

Last edited by Inkmonkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ambaryerno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a really sad implication in this comic:

The only way Slick can get a girlfriend is if she's a mindless machine he can control. No one with a mind of her own wants anything to do with him.

The Fembot didn't even get to really SEE Slick's more unpleasant sides (as was noted: as far as we can see from this strip Slick didn't take advantage of the fembot at all and only used her for the "GFE" without the sex) but she still ran off on him the instant she gained a bit of free will.

Harsh.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
Poor Slick. I wish he found a girlfriend, but since Tat hasn't given him any permanent character growth, and girls won't date a slightly pervy man-child (given the current mood of the comic)

I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true.

On one hand, Slick has changed A LOT. He went from a wannabe pimp that doesn't hesitate to sell his soul in order to obtain superficial things like meaningless sex, to a kinda insecure man that really tries to be a better person (mostly for his friends) and is in desperate need of a sentimental relationship, since he knows that it's something really missing in his life.

On the other hand, I do think that he has dating potential as he is now, but he's his own biggest obstacle since he does absolutely not think that. Check the fact that in the past he didn't hesitate to hit on random strangers, but at this point he probably got tired of rejection and decided that he probably didn't have it in him. That's probably the reason why he is 'cheating' his way into a relationship.

Reader1 stated that Slick's theme as a character is the battle between good and evil. I think he is right, but we can't ignore his other theme: The fruitless search for love.
The Old Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of your best ever, 石田さん. In the reality zone, women are not fembots, nor do they respond to controls.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:
Poor Slick. I wish he found a girlfriend, but since Tat hasn't given him any permanent character growth, and girls won't date a slightly pervy man-child (given the current mood of the comic)

I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true.

On one hand, Slick has changed A LOT. He went from a wannabe pimp that doesn't hesitate to sell his soul in order to obtain superficial things like meaningless sex, to a kinda insecure man that really tries to be a better person (mostly for his friends) and is in desperate need of a sentimental relationship, since he knows that it's something really missing in his life.

On the other hand, I do think that he has dating potential as he is now, but he's his own biggest obstacle since he does absolutely not think that. Check the fact that in the past he didn't hesitate to hit on random strangers, but at this point he probably got tired of rejection and decided that he probably didn't have it in him. That's probably the reason why he is 'cheating' his way into a relationship.

Reader1 stated that Slick's theme as a character is the battle between good and evil. I think he is right, but we can't ignore his other theme: The fruitless search for love.

Slick has always been "an insecure man in desperate need of a sentimental relationship, since he knew that it's something really missing in his life". He did the pimp thing because he thought that women would dig that, and because it helped to reinforce his weak self-steem.

He has mostly stopped doing the pimp-thing because it doesn't work, he knows women don't dig it, and it no longer helps his lack of self-steem, but he hasn't learned anything knew, leaving him sad, without confidence and without hope. He tried to use the wrong tool to do the job, but now he doesn't have any tool and he doesn't even try.

As for the soul-selling thing, he just has learned that it's a bad idea: The devil doesn't upheld his part of the deal. And I don't really like the devil twin thing...that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Slick has kind of hit a wall: It seems that Tat doesn't know what to do with him, but he doesn't dare to kill him because he used to be the main character and many people would be upset.

Last edited by Inkmonkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammich wrote:

What makes you think that? The people using prostitutes/visiting strip clubs aren't necessarily looking for love.

Quite the opposite I'd imagine.
Adyon wrote:

That'd only be like the occasional sex addict, where as the far majority of people who end up doing things like that do it because they're wanting some sort of physical closeness to fill a desire for passion or love. And truthfully, even the sex addict in most cases is going to be attaching emotions to it, or else most wouldn't be addicted.

Besides, I think the few people that can truly have sex without attaching emotions to it are in a special category. And honestly I don't usually like those kind of people anyway, as they generally don't care for the emotions or feelings of others in general either.

There's also the truly logical minded types, but often they are simply less interested in physical contact anyway.

I think sammich is right on the money with why people frequent strip clubs, etc. Whether it's someone desperate or someone addicted, the emotions behind the matter drive people to do that more than just cut-and-dry wanting to have sex. If no emotion is involved that same person would probably be just as happy "taking care of them-self".

You're making an awful lot of generalizations and judgements there. Enjoying casual sex doesn't make you a sex addict, and it doesn't mean you're a rude or unempathetic person.

As for the "taking care of them-self" thing, there are physical sensations of person-to-person sex that masturbation can not fully replicate. It doesn't require emotion to want that.

Last edited by lol on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
Slick has kind of hit a wall: It seems that Tat doesn't know what to do with him, but he doesn't dare to kill him because he used to be the main character and many people would be upset.

:Blink: Have we been reading the same Web Comic? Since when has fans being upset stopped Tat?
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:

:Blink: Have we been reading the same Web Comic? Since when has fans being upset stopped Tat?

That would be a different level of upset.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:

That would be a different level of upset.

Ok, maybe that, yeah... still think he'd make a joke about it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46

Jump to: