welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a search and found that comic where a sex doll came to life and killed herself:

I think what is happening here is similar. She didn't have a mind before, but once she gained one she remembered what she used to be and was horrified. That doesn't mean that she had a human mind before coming to life.

Last edited by Inkmonkey on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
I have made a search and found that comic where a sex doll came to life and killed herself:

I think what is happening here is similar. She didn't have a mind before, but once she gained one she remembered what she used to be and was horrified. That doesn't mean that she had a human mind before coming to life.

Id remove that quick or put up a not safe for work, that will probably get you banned. I don't think direct links to nudity are allowed, even cartoon variety.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:

Id remove that quick or put up a not safe for work, that will probably get you banned. I don't think direct links to nudity are allowed, even cartoon variety.

Thanks
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
I don't know. Robots DO exist in reality so that's why she didn't turn into a hunk of metal. Because robots do exist, even if they're not nearly advanced as she is - just yet, anyways. And she was a robot girl designed to be exactly like a regular girl in almost every way.

I don't think that she really had any kind of sentience or consciousness at the beginning of the strip when he first bought her. Just a computer preforming tasks it was programmed to do. But entering the reality zone gave her the sentience and consciousness that any real girl would have, or I guess any robot designed to be like a real girl would have, and it gave her a freedom she never had before. She ran because isn't that what anyone would do with a new-found freedom - with a new-found sentience and consciousness to go with that freedom. I don't think she's necessarily running for any specific reason, just running because she can. But what I think doesn't inherently mean that it's what's really happening.

Regardless of what is or isn't happening - I think it's both really creepy, but also really sad. I find it sad, because I can understand how he feels. It's sad because he felt the need to do something like that. Buy what is basically a robot slave that looks like a real girl, and use her to pretend that he's in a relationship with someone who cares. And it's creepy for those very same reasons. Which makes it sadder, to me. But then again I'm an emotional sack of shit, so whatever.

ShadowCell wrote:
do it

do it now

i dare you

Succubus1982 wrote:
Yes, please god yes

Exactly, she was programmed to be that way, designed from the bottom up to be that way. It's sad that he felt he had to go that way, and it was creepy-weird that he felt he had to go to that point. It's not creepy-creeper that he went that way, it's just that he can't get what he actually wants so he was settling for what he could get that was easier, it's very sad that he went that way, but It is understandable too, he's tried to improve himself, and he fails at it a lot...

And for the people who still want to be disgusted for a sex bot being used... what if a cow suddenly gained sentience and the ability to communicate, would we all be evil for eating them and making them milk slaves for ourselves when they were non sentient?

Also, Miss M, I can't really see Xanthe and Slick together. The only was I see that happening is if she's a closet submissive and just does the hard Sisterhood movement just so Mr. Slick can punish her later. ::prepares the helmet, and jumps into foxhole, pops head out for a second:: Just my own fetishes coming through though...
redshirt26

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I can be quiet when it comes to Xanthe and her army of militant anti-patriarchy feminist. Its not my webcomic and in the end, they do fight the good fight.

But Slick pilots a fembot iinto the Reality Zone and creates life while Fuchsia enters the R-Zone and ages to dust?! What the hell?! The poor girl, who turned her back on Satan and all of the misogyny he represents, sits by watching Data's cousin pulls a Pinocchio. NOT FAIR!
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life isn't fair, kid, get over it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:
Poor Slick. I wish he found a girlfriend, but since Tat hasn't given him any permanent character growth, and girls won't date a slightly pervy man-child (given the current mood of the comic)

I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true.

On one hand, Slick has changed A LOT. He went from a wannabe pimp that doesn't hesitate to sell his soul in order to obtain superficial things like meaningless sex, to a kinda insecure man that really tries to be a better person (mostly for his friends) and is in desperate need of a sentimental relationship, since he knows that it's something really missing in his life.

On the other hand, I do think that he has dating potential as he is now, but he's his own biggest obstacle since he does absolutely not think that. Check the fact that in the past he didn't hesitate to hit on random strangers, but at this point he probably got tired of rejection and decided that he probably didn't have it in him. That's probably the reason why he is 'cheating' his way into a relationship.

Reader1 stated that Slick's theme as a character is the battle between good and evil. I think he is right, but we can't ignore his other theme: The fruitless search for love.

"I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true."

That sentence is inherently illogical, I think. so you disagree completely and think that it makes some sense? isn't that a paradox?
Thenadathor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Life isn't fair, kid, get over it.

waaaait really? but irony!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Rothide wrote:
No creepy as fuck is a robot coming to life then suddenly gaining sentience when it entered the "reality" zone, when it should have toppled over like the top heavy and nonstructural sound piece of machinery it is. Heck we've only recently gotten a robot that can run and leap, and even then it needs about 200 pounds of electronics on top to run stabilizers. and a rope harness to keep it from toppling over itself.

And if it is a human robot hybrid, that girl should have dropped dead, thanks to that technology (while somewhat close) is still about 15 years away.

I mean really, when Reality does that crap, I'm beginning to wonder why fushia and the spy-bots can't actually exist in it?

You appear to be more horrified by bad science than themes of non-consent.

I guess that makes you creepy, too.

Then you need to be creepy for not worrying if your toaster really wants to make you toast. This is a total break of the reality zone here, if she was a robot she's always a robot, if she was a human being controlled by robotic instead of organs, she'd be frigging dead, you can't have Pinocchio in the "Reality" zone.

best comment in this thread, by far. the concerning implications of the desires of one's toaster is clearly a matter of great import.

oh yeah Samsally well what if your toaster doesn't want to make toast for you, huh? what do you do then, huh? HUH? that's right, you walk away, you just got SERVED, brave little toaster in the fuckin' house
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Rothide wrote:
No creepy as fuck is a robot coming to life then suddenly gaining sentience when it entered the "reality" zone, when it should have toppled over like the top heavy and nonstructural sound piece of machinery it is. Heck we've only recently gotten a robot that can run and leap, and even then it needs about 200 pounds of electronics on top to run stabilizers. and a rope harness to keep it from toppling over itself.

And if it is a human robot hybrid, that girl should have dropped dead, thanks to that technology (while somewhat close) is still about 15 years away.

I mean really, when Reality does that crap, I'm beginning to wonder why fushia and the spy-bots can't actually exist in it?

You appear to be more horrified by bad science than themes of non-consent.

I guess that makes you creepy, too.

Then you need to be creepy for not worrying if your toaster really wants to make you toast. This is a total break of the reality zone here, if she was a robot she's always a robot, if she was a human being controlled by robotic instead of organs, she'd be frigging dead, you can't have Pinocchio in the "Reality" zone.

best comment in this thread, by far. the concerning implications of the desires of one's toaster is clearly a matter of great import.

oh yeah Samsally well what if your toaster doesn't want to make toast for you, huh? what do you do then, huh? HUH? that's right, you walk away, you just got SERVED, brave little toaster in the fuckin' house

I would hope so, putting the more advanced form of a sexual aid higher than that of a common household device would be very strange to do.

Now if that toaster came to life and had sentience, I would feel very sorry that I made it my toast bastard for the 10 years of its lifespan... or destroy it considering it wants to burn the world in hell-fire. I played New Vegas: Old World Blues... ::Points to his toaster:: I have my eye's on you...

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do really enjoy the fact that I called someone creepy for not caring about non-consent and he responded with something about toasters and then continued to rant and rave about the bad science part.

Priorities, man.

Edit: Oh you responded in the meantime. Fantastic. Are you fucking kidding me about the 'sexual aid' part? Because it's pretty obvious she was made to be more than that. Slick DIDN'T have sex with her. He went on a date with her.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man this must be like how my electric can opener didn't open that can the other day. see, i thought there was just an important piece that was broken, but no, this was an act of calculated rebellion.

i knew it. i knew it! well i showed that motherfucker, i threw it away and bought a new one. how ya like them apples, dickwad?
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I do really enjoy the fact that I called someone creepy for not caring about non-consent and he responded with something about toasters and then continued to rant and rave about the bad science part.

Priorities, man.

Edit: Oh you responded in the meantime. Fantastic. Are you fucking kidding me about the 'sexual aid' part? Because it's pretty obvious she was made to be more than that. Slick DIDN'T have sex with her. He went on a date with her.

And I really enjoy someone could have feelings for a device gaining sentience and was used for its intended purpose and and having it called non-consensual use...

Edit: Okay wise guy, sexual and emotional life aid.

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
I would hope so, putting the more advanced form of a sexual aid higher than that of a common household device would be very strange to do.

Making a sexbot's AI more advanced than that of a toaster would be reasonable, since it would perform a more difficult function, but giving it human-level intelligence? feelings? conscience? free will? Why would anybody do that?

Not only sexbots, why would anybody give human-like sentience to a robot? The world is already full of people, the purpose of a robot is that it can do the same work as a person but since it don't have feelings or a life or sentience you can exploit it like the tool it is.

Would you create robot miners and make them able to yearn for sunlight and fresh air? or create a factory worker robot and make it able to feel bored? or make a missile robot afraid of death?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srsly rothide you're starting to sound like mikewee here

OH YEAH WELL WHAT IF YOUR TOASTER WAS ALIVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 5 of 46

Jump to: