welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your priorities are still creepy.

You can make up all the stories about toasters you want in retaliation, you still want to dehumanize the robot woman so very badly because.... why, exactly? It's more fun to rant about bad science?

You don't have to answer. I don't actually care.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
srsly rothide you're starting to sound like mikewee here

OH YEAH WELL WHAT IF YOUR TOASTER WAS ALIVE

OK, what if a cow gained sentience. for years we've been slaughtering these things for nutrition, or milking them for their young's sustenance for our own personal use. Should we feel sorry for killing so many of them, when they were just a "dumb animal".

Your saying that an unthinking, rote programmed device as something that when it gains sentience was doing something that was non-consensual, when it was ONLY doing its primary functions.

Edit: You can't have it both ways, you are right now saying a sex-bot/girlfriend bot that does everything its programmed/designed to do can be considered non-consensual when it gets sentience, but a toaster doing only the thing it was designed to do is consensual when IT gets sentience.

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is stupid

so stupid

oh my god what the fuck are you even on about
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Your priorities are still creepy.

You can make up all the stories about toasters you want in retaliation, you still want to dehumanize the robot woman so very badly because.... why, exactly? It's more fun to rant about bad science?

You don't have to answer. I don't actually care.

dehumanize the robot Question

I just think that she was human after entering the Reality Zone, but before that she didn't have sentience, otherwise the Sisterhood would do something about them.

If we accept that all the robot girls have sentience and are sentient sexual slaves prisioners within their own bodies, Sinfest becomes a very sinister, dark horrible story...And I don't think Tat is writing that kind of story. Sinfest is still mostly humoristic.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
this is stupid

so stupid

oh my god what the fuck are you even on about

It is stupid, your putting humanistic values on that of a robot. I'm just doing the same thing to a toaster in my examples.

Edit: If you can tell me, prove to me, why a robot designed for sex and pretend girlfriend doing its required function is non-consensual, I will say I'm wrong.

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm putting humanistic values on a robot

meanwhile you are the guy imagining sentient toasters and cows? okay then
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean holy balls dude the point of this comic could have climbed inside your throat and turned your uvula into a speedbag and you still missed it
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
i'm putting humanistic values on a robot

meanwhile you are the guy imagining sentient toasters and cows? okay then

Cause they are the same thing... a toaster is to a robot as a organ grinder is to an Ipod, they are designed to do certain things and we USE them in that way.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
I just think that she was human after entering the Reality Zone, but before that she didn't have sentience, otherwise the Sisterhood would do something about them.

Who says the sisterhood knows everything?

Mostly I just think it's suspicious she ran away. You all keep going on that she's JUST a robot, but even you admit she had to remember what it was like -before- the reality zone to have caused that reaction.

How do you remember something from a time you weren't, on some level, sentient?
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
i mean holy balls dude the point of this comic could have climbed inside your throat and turned your uvula into a speedbag and you still missed it

I know the point, but it's a stupid point, you cant call what slick did non-consensual when it wasn't designed to do anything else.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you actually a mikewee alt account?

i mean, hell, i thought the comic was pretty clear. Anviliciously clear, even. Slick goes and buys his fembot and thinks he has love with it, but then Curly or whatever we're calling her calls it fake, he gets mad, he drags her into the reality zone, and the reality zone destroys the remote control he used to get all the sexiness and fun and repartee he wanted. and once the remote control is destroyed, she runs off, because it turns out if love is the result of a remote control, it's not actually love, it's obedience.

hence "fake," hence running off once she no longer has to obey.

GOOD THING IT WASN'T A TOASTER THOUGH, AMIRITE

Last edited by ShadowCell on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:

Who says the sisterhood knows everything?

Mostly I just think it's suspicious she ran away. You all keep going on that she's JUST a robot, but even you admit she had to remember what it was like -before- the reality zone to have caused that reaction.

How do you remember something from a time you weren't, on some level, sentient?

Because she didn't become real, she still had her programming, it just was some sort of magical "reality" crap happened and her programming got turned to "autopilot" mode. In other words. "JOHNNY FIVE... IS ALIVE!"
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
are you actually a mikewee alt account?

i mean, hell, i thought the comic was pretty clear. Anviliciously clear, even. Slick goes and buys his fembot and thinks he has love with it, but then Curly or whatever we're calling her calls it fake, he gets mad, he drags her into the reality zone, and the reality zone destroys the remote control he used to get all the sexiness and fun and repartee he wanted. and once the remote control is destroyed, she runs off, because it turns out if love is the result of a remote control, it's not actually love, it's obedience.

hence "fake," hence running off once she no longer has to obey.

GOOD THING IT WASN'T A TOASTER THOUGH, AMIRITE

I could say the moral is really it's just that you can't really love a robot, and a robot wont really love you either. And I could be just as right as you are.

It's like people who get married in MMORPGS, do they really love each other, or do they love what they think they are.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey dokey then

either way i just consulted my toaster and it says you're wrong about everything and also if it ever had to make toast for you it would burn it, sir, just burn it
lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

OK, what if a cow gained sentience. for years we've been slaughtering these things for nutrition, or milking them for their young's sustenance for our own personal use. Should we feel sorry for killing so many of them, when they were just a "dumb animal".

Dude, cows are sentient.

Last edited by lol on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 6 of 46

Jump to: