welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
okey dokey then

either way i just consulted my toaster and it says you're wrong about everything and also if it ever had to make toast for you it would burn it, sir, just burn it

Need I remind you this was all started by sam sally being mad we were feeling sorry for Slick, the human, and not feeling sorry for the magical Johnny 5 sex bot.

Oh I get it, we all gotta feel sorry for our robots that gain sentience because if we don't Skynet will get pissed at us later on. I get it. Sorry I dont feel sorry for a non human robot being forced to do what it was programmed to do, then running away when it gained sentience.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and you, uh, never really got at her point, like, ever

although you did convince me to finally look to my toaster as the nonjudgmental friend i never had. it's great. we're gonna go to the pier now.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
yeah, and you, uh, never really got at her point, like, ever

although you did convince me to finally look to my toaster as the nonjudgmental friend i never had. it's great. we're gonna go to the pier now.

The point. You should feel bad for ever causing anything to feel non-consensual, cause who knows when magic reality dust will make it sentient. I mean Slick was basically Mind Controlling that poor robot, Uh, I mean pre-human girl with emotions and intelligence, that still has an autopilot mode....
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, it's like, you're just at the cusp of understanding what samsally is saying, like, right there, man
Rothide

lol wrote:
Rothide wrote:

OK, what if a cow gained sentience. for years we've been slaughtering these things for nutrition, or milking them for their young's sustenance for our own personal use. Should we feel sorry for killing so many of them, when they were just a "dumb animal".

Dude, cows are sentient.

Oh yeah, sorry meant REASON.
Leohan

Thenadathor wrote:
"I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true."

That sentence is inherently illogical, I think. so you disagree completely and think that it makes some sense? isn't that a paradox?

Nope. I do understand the position but disagree with it. I also understand why people would want to steal wallets but I don't think that it's right.

And two things for all the other posters. First, stop calling her a sexdoll. It's obviously not what Slick sees there. Second, by trying to rationalize it you are completely missing the obvious metaphor.

Slick went to the reality zone looking for what he could call a real relationship. The girl's still a robot I believe (AUTOPILOT MODE) but that's not by a milestone the important thing. The bot wasn't fake. The relationship was fake. Slick tried to make it real only to have the harsh realization that a robot would never be able to love him.

Last edited by Leohan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Samsally

Oh wait I figured it out.

If the robot girl was never sentient at all, then it's easier to pity/relate with Slick because he's now absolved of any guilt associated with inflicting his will onto someone who, when given the chance, wouldn't have anything to do with him.

Hmmm.

Yup. Still creepy.
ShadowCell

although let's be honest, i just want you to talk some more about "sentient toasters," that shit is hilarious
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
oh man, it's like, you're just at the cusp of understanding what samsally is saying, like, right there, man

A girl that becomes sentient was being treated in a non-consensual way.

But she wasn't a girl... Its like abortions, we are allowed to kill a thing that becomes human, why cant we use a girlfriend bot like that before it becomes human?
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
although let's be honest, i just want you to talk some more about "sentient toasters," that shit is hilarious

Play Fallout New Vegas Game of the Year edition, it is...
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit man you are the gift that keeps on giving stuff that is superficially funny but substantially creepy
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Also, Miss M, I can't really see Xanthe and Slick together.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Thenadathor wrote:
"I disagree completely on both those sentences. I know why you would think that and it makes some sense, but I don't think that it's true."

That sentence is inherently illogical, I think. so you disagree completely and think that it makes some sense? isn't that a paradox?

Nope. I do understand the position but disagree with it. I also understand why people would want to steal wallets but I don't think that it's right.

And two things for all the other posters. First, stop calling her a sexdoll. It's obviously not what Slick sees there. Second, by trying to rationalize it you are completely missing the obvious metaphor.

Slick went to the reality zone looking for what he could call a real relationship. The girl's still a robot I believe (AUTOPILOT MODE) but that's not by a milestone the important thing. The bot wasn't fake. The relationship was fake. Slick tried to make it real only to have the harsh realization that a robot would never be able to love him.

I like your rationalization here, and I believe you are right. I actually think Samsally and shadowcell are doing what anyone that disagrees with a patriarchy strip is doing, seeing it in their own light and condeming anyone that doesn't see it that way.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are aware that leohan is not actually agreeing with you, right?
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is you keep knocking me down but you don't tell me why I'm wrong, that usually means that you don't have a friggin clue as to why I'm wrong either. And yes you can say all you want that slick was being abusive to the thing for making it act that way, and that he's a horrible person for it when he tries to make it a reality.

If Xanthe had a animatronic doll that came alive in the reality zone, would she hate her for making her go to tea parties all her life and forcing the doll to play with her?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 7 of 46

Jump to: