Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's not, but I still think his rational is better than "Slicks a creepy bastard for what he did."
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually did explain that for you, in nice small words, right here. your only response to it was to essentially quasi-agree with me and then continue to disagree anyway, which is rather strange.

then again, considering how disjointed and irrelevant all your examples and analogies are (abortion? wtf?), i'm not sure even you know what you're trying to say.

Samsally's explained that for you multiple times too. ask your toaster, it knows what's up.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, really, if anyone takes anything from this thread, i hope it will be a newfound appreciation for the implications of aborting your toaster.

also cows. i mean, they produce things that are integral to the production of milkshakes. and can we really bring ourselves to consider what a frightful place our society would be in if not for milkshakes? i think not.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that the things you are disagreeing on and the things you are arguing about are not the same things.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well of course not, man, i for one do not believe in toaster rights
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick goes and buys his fembot and thinks he has love with it, but then Curly or whatever we're calling her calls it fake, he gets mad, he drags her into the reality zone, and the reality zone destroys the remote control he used to get all the sexiness and fun and repartee he wanted. and once the remote control is destroyed, she runs off, because it turns out if love is the result of a remote control, it's not actually love, it's obedience.

The amount of people bemoaning "poor lonely slick" seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that the instant the robot woman is given the chance to consent she runs. the fuck. away.

So to recap for the truly slow of thought. She was conscious in the beginning of the strip* and she was completely incapable of saying no to him.

That's creepy as fuck.

*how else would she still be a person and not a hunk of metal in the reality zone?

You appear to be more horrified by bad science than themes of non-consent.

I guess that makes you creepy, too.

Slick goes and buys his fembot and thinks he has love with it, but then Curly or whatever we're calling her calls it fake, he gets mad, he drags her into the reality zone, and the reality zone destroys the remote control he used to get all the sexiness and fun and repartee he wanted. and once the remote control is destroyed, she runs off, because it turns out if love is the result of a remote control, it's not actually love, it's obedience.

So basically who's missing the point here? I was talking about Samsally's post, he's putting sentience on a girlfriend bot that never had sentience until it goes into the reality zone, and then it was just "autopilot mode", then he says that its a theme about consent.

YOU come into the picture saying that its that controlled love isn't love, its obedience, when the thing he was controlling doesn't work if it isn't being controlled (untill it went into the "Fantasy Reality" zone and became Johny Five.)

Leohan at least decided that all that changed was that she went into autopilot mode and that the robot could NEVER love him. No matter how much slick wanted it to.

I just said its stupid to say that calling something that was doing its designed purpose "non-consent" and "obedient", I just decided to use a toaster, that I don't need to feel like I need consent to do it or that it's being obedient.

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is quite a discussion. I'm sort of thinking about adding a pair of pennies, myself--
Rothide wrote:
Its like abortions, we are allowed to kill a thing that becomes human, why cant we use a girlfriend bot like that before it becomes human?

Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Well, this is quite a discussion. I'm sort of thinking about adding a pair of pennies, myself--
Rothide wrote:
Its like abortions, we are allowed to kill a thing that becomes human, why cant we use a girlfriend bot like that before it becomes human?

The reason I said that was because samsally said this was a theme of consent and I argued with it. If a fembot becomes human, but what was done to it before was non-consent, then why is a fetus that can become a human being destoryed isn't a form of non-consent?

Its like saying a robot that cant become a human (beyond the magical reality realm) is the same as a fetus that can. neither are asked for consent before what happens to it happens, because neither are sentient.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are pretty much willfully misreading this comic, so, yeah, until you can get back to me on what that whole "exploding remote control" thing means, i'm just gonna keep mocking you about toasters
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
you are pretty much willfully misreading this comic, so, yeah, until you can get back to me on what that whole "exploding remote control" thing means, i'm just gonna keep mocking you about toasters

What does an exploding eyebot mean, the controller wasn't responding cause this can't exist in reality, while a robot in autopilot can.

You said it was about obedience, Samsally said it's about non-consent. Im saying its stupid, cause its a friggin robot, you don't need to ask a robot for obedience or consent, and yeah the remote exploded, cause do we have remote controlled girlfriend bots. If anything the girlfriend bot should have exploded too.

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, see, this is what i mean. you are willfully misreading this comic, at a level so literal that you distort a clear and direct message in favor of something else, something that does not actually fit in with the rest of the comic. your interpretation is flawed.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide... Thanks for liking my opinion but I don't recommend you to mention abortion so casually in the discussions. Why this hasn't become a shitstorm already I dunno, but certain topics you shouldn't bring while discussing something so comparatively simple.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Rothide... Thanks for liking my opinion but I don't recommend you to mention abortion so casually in the discussions. Why this hasn't become a shitstorm already I dunno, but certain topics you shouldn't bring while discussing something so comparatively simple.

I regret doing that, but that was the only next step I could find when they laughed down my toaster and cow analogy already.

Their seeing this girlfriend bot as a living breathing creature all the way through, and that the only thing that was wrong with her is that she was being controlled by a remote, had a bad case of missing spine and glowing eyeballs.

I am being dismissive of it because like I said, I don't feel bad for making toast or eating burgers.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Why this hasn't become a shitstorm already I dunno,

> Checks thread length
> It's eight pages long
> With sarcasm so thick you can cut with a knife

"Have I ever told you the definition of a shitstorm?"
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Leohan wrote:
Why this hasn't become a shitstorm already I dunno,

> Checks thread length
> It's eight pages long
> With sarcasm so thick you can cut with a knife

"Have I ever told you the definition of a shitstorm?"

I like you Holocauxt, I hope I was included in the sarcasm remark though, cause if those two actually believe I think I should feel bad for making toast, its the same as... treating a robot as a human?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 8 of 46

Jump to: