welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fembot isn't a cultural item. It's an appliance. And yeah, it's kinda creepy, just as those guys in reality that undergo weird procedures to make their heads have protuberances everywhere are really creepy.

Not really the best example but wanted to follow your line of thought
Rothide

Heretical Rants wrote:
Aaaaaand Rothide makes another terrible comparison to something in real life.

In soul eater people kill villains and eat their soul, is that creepy, yes! Is it creepy in the world it's set in, no! Culture damnit! And fucking toasters!
ShadowCell

Rothide wrote:
Slick did know the robot didn't love him,

nothing in the comic supports that contention. you're assuming that.

Quote:
got pissed that curly called him out, decided to just do the same things he did with the robot( starting with the fun mode and all the way to devotion) in the reality zone,

that all happened before they went off to the reality zone. nothing in the comic supports this claim.

Quote:
thus while not actually being love, he did everything in the reality zone that simulates it, thus having that simulation exist in the reality zone and thus be classified ( untruthfully) as real to rub in curleys face.

nothing in the comic supports this claim. all we see is that he's mad and he stomps off with his fembot. since he goes to the reality zone, the natural reading of that is that he wants to prove that it is not a fake relationship, it's a real one. you're proposing a labored interpretation that would require additional evidence to support it, and you provide none.

that and "having that simulation exist in the reality zone and thus be classified (untruthfully) as real" makes no sense at all. a real simulation? the hell is that? if that were the case, he would be proving Curly right, by proving that his thing with the fembot is in fact a simulation and not a real relationship. the fuck?

Quote:
Slick is also not creepy cause this is item is common and most likely sold a lot, since he didn't have to go into a back room to get one or be sneaky about the purchase.

nothing in the comic supports this claim.

i mean, holy hell, body pillows with underage anime girls on them are common. doesn't mean they're not creepy.

so there's the real disagreement. Rothide is not actually talking about the comic that Tatsuya Ishida made. he is talking about stuff in his head. and since his head is crazy, he can change whatever is in there at will, which explains why his language is so obtuse and why he seems to be arguing for practically everything anyone has said in this thread.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now to throw in another opinion to complicate things: I think Slick didn't even bother thinking anything about it being real or fake. The way I interpret his reaction after Curly calls it fake is sadness, not anger. He was too oblivious, caught up in the joy of having somebody, to realize that it was indeed fake. And then Curly calls him out for it. After feeling those things he wanted something real, took the bot to the reality zone, and then realized that having something real comes at a price. This is another discovery for Slick, knowing that to embrace something real he must come to realization that he cannot control what happens.

I think the thing about the Sisterhood is more about awakening to how things really are, and that any hints of feminism are just a part of it. I think Slick just saw, in physical form, his desire to control things and how fruitless and unfulfilling it really is.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
And yeah, it's kinda creepy, just as those guys in reality that undergo weird procedures to make their heads have protuberances everywhere are really creepy.

NO

NO, THAT'S NOT WHY IT'S CREEPY

THAT KIND OF CREEPY IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THIS AT ALL.

Rothide wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Aaaaaand Rothide makes another terrible comparison to something in real life.

In soul eater people kill villains and eat their soul, is that creepy, yes! Is it creepy in the world it's set in, no! Culture damnit! And fucking toasters!

CULTURE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PARTICULAR BRAND OF CREEPY
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Slick did know the robot didn't love him,

nothing in the comic supports that contention. you're assuming that.

Quote:
got pissed that curly called him out, decided to just do the same things he did with the robot( starting with the fun mode and all the way to devotion) in the reality zone,

that all happened before they went off to the reality zone. nothing in the comic supports this claim.

Quote:
thus while not actually being love, he did everything in the reality zone that simulates it, thus having that simulation exist in the reality zone and thus be classified ( untruthfully) as real to rub in curleys face.

nothing in the comic supports this claim. all we see is that he's mad and he stomps off with his fembot. since he goes to the reality zone, the natural reading of that is that he wants to prove that it is not a fake relationship, it's a real one. you're proposing a labored interpretation that would require additional evidence to support it, and you provide none.

that and "having that simulation exist in the reality zone and thus be classified (untruthfully) as real" makes no sense at all. a real simulation? the hell is that? if that were the case, he would be proving Curly right, by proving that his thing with the fembot is in fact a simulation and not a real relationship. the fuck?

Quote:
Slick is also not creepy cause this is item is common and most likely sold a lot, since he didn't have to go into a back room to get one or be sneaky about the purchase.

nothing in the comic supports this claim.

i mean, holy hell, body pillows with underage anime girls on them are common. doesn't mean they're not creepy.

so there's the real disagreement. Rothide is not actually talking about the comic that Tatsuya Ishida made. he is talking about stuff in his head. and since his head is crazy, he can change whatever is in there at will, which explains why his language is so obtuse and why he seems to be arguing for practically everything anyone has said in this thread.

Where is the proof that slick really was in love with the robot, the heart above the two in the hug? That could just be from the robot, so since that's not rock hard evidence in the comic, no proof, nothing supports it

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Gibson22 wrote:
Anyway, this seems to be the sum of the argument thus far: buying a sex doll is creepy

You may not have read my angrier posts and you can still keep this stance, but I strongly dislike people calling this a sex doll. It's obviously not the way that Slick sees it, and considering the complex programming that it has for emotion simulation, probably not the way the designer intended it.

Probably has that feature as well, but it's mostly a simulation of love. Doesn't stop being creepy as per Magenta word

I agree on that point, Leohan. I think he bought it more to retain and remember what he had with 'Nique. It wasn't strictly just a sex toy.
Smooshie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:

Yes, it does.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Leohan wrote:
And yeah, it's kinda creepy, just as those guys in reality that undergo weird procedures to make their heads have protuberances everywhere are really creepy.

NO

...I honestly don't know what you mean. Con you expand?

I have a theory of what you mean, though, so let's go with it. As I said, it's not the best example, but wanted to follow the exact train of thought.

ShadowCell, on the other hand, gave the best example possible.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTHIDE, I AM NOT SHADOWCELL

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THOSE DAMN PILLOWS

THIS IS FUCKING CREEPY BECAUSE OF THE CONSENT ISSUES, K?

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Leohan wrote:

NO

...I honestly don't know what you mean. Con you expand?

Well, I actually do have a theory of what you mean, though, so let's go with it. As I said, it's not the best example, but wanted to follow the exact train of thought. If I'm wrong about the problem please tell me.

ShadowCell, on the other hand, gave the best example possible.

EDIT: Oh ok that's what you meant. Well, in a way there's a valid comparison, though. Functionally, the robot is designed without a free will, so for Slick it's an item that he uses as a consolation for his own personal failures... Kinda like the pillow. And yeah, they are creepy as hell.

Last edited by Leohan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where is the proof that slick really was in love with the robot, the heart above the two in the hug? That could just be from the robot, so since that's not rock hard evidence in the comic, no proof, nothing supports it.

that is irrelevant, so, no, you haven't actually even touched what it is i'm saying.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
ROTHIDE, IT'S FUCKING MEANINGLESS TO QUOTE THAT SHIT TO ME. I ALREADY READ IT.

I AM NOT SHADOWCELL

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THOSE DAMN PILLOWS

THIS IS FUCKING CREEPY BECAUSE OF THE CONSENT ISSUES, K?

Mixup sorry, the toasters posted for me while I was in the bathroom... I hope this is understood better than my sarcasm
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Quote:
Where is the proof that slick really was in love with the robot, the heart above the two in the hug? That could just be from the robot, so since that's not rock hard evidence in the comic, no proof, nothing supports it.

that is irrelevant, so, no, you haven't actually even touched what it is i'm saying.

So your whole theory that he actually loves the robot, while unable to be proven, is irrelevant. Nice double standard ya got there.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

Yes, it does.

are you trying to say that consent is something that's negotiable by culture, or are you just responding to something other than what I was actually saying

because if you're saying culture has any legitimate say in this, I will fight you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 22 of 46

Jump to: