welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1151, 1152, 1153 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my legs are cold cuz my nightgown is too short, but it's late and I don't want to put on pants

oh, the humanity

the humanity
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they not have blankets where you live? Blankets are nice and warm.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trick is going to get blankets without just giving up and going to sleep once blankets are obtained
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Moustache - is it a pain when you breathe? I used to get quite a similar pain, it may be the interstitial muscles between your ribs, and they commonly spasm if you drink a lot of alcohol and coffee in tandem.

It's not really and I have up coffee actually, considering I have blood pressure that could be worrisome. But still am only 23. I dont live that different from many students, and at least I eat healthy, so yeah. I just don't want to have a heart attack age 27. In recent news, everytime me and my grilfriend are with each other, she got sick. Now its my turn and I have a mouth ulcer the size of my pinky. Stupid bodies getting sick.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Moustache wrote:
In recent news, everytime me and my grilfriend are with each other, she got sick. Now its my turn and I have a mouth ulcer the size of my pinky. Stupid bodies getting sick.

You guys are totally gross, you know? It's crazy nasty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one will care but this is really irritating.

Me: Your patient is having runs of SVT (high heart rate) into the 190s.
RN: Yeah, I think she's got tachy-brady syndrome.
Me: Oh? I haven't seen her brady down (heart rate drop)...
RN: She did overnight.

That's not how it works. That's called "being asleep." It's not an arrhythmia. The rate in the 190s? That's an arrhythmia. Having a low heart rate at one point and then a high heart several hours later and calling that a syndrome would pretty well mean we all have ducking tachy-brady. Ducking hell.

* censored by iPhone.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's being monitored, and there's rates like that, doesn't that mean at some point (even if an early diagnosis is horribly wrong) one or more cardiologists will take a look at it?
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I used to get really bad headaches during sex, which is the opposite of what's supposed to happen. I'd usually have to clear my schedule for the afternoon afterwards so I could lay down in the dark and sleep it off. Went to the doctor, was told to stay hydrated and exercise more.

I've been told by several neurologists and read in several research articles that sex and headaches (or at least migraines) can either be a way to alleviate migraine pain or can be a trigger for inducing pain. In women, the endorphins released during orgasm can be quite effective in alleviating headache pain. This can be the case in men too, but the physical exertion, increased heart rate, can changes in blood flow can often trigger or aggravate a migraine. (If it works, though, it can be quite an ego boost for your partner to think that they're amazing enough in bed to cure pain that had left you bedridden all day.)

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother-in-law is hearing voices. Like, all the time.

She's convinced it's an elaborate prank by neighbors. Even after she was admitted to the psych ward.

She's convinced that they're trying to give her meds for the sole purpose of keeping her institutionalized longer. She also thinks that some of the nurses are switching her meds and/or spraying stuff on them.

She's convinced that moving up here from Florida (2 out of 4 of her kids live in NE PA, 1 lives in NJ) and being around her kids is going to stop the voices.

Prior to all of this, my wife was sure that her mom was already suffering from depression.

Oh yeah, I forgot some important parts:

My wife's sister is moving her mom up here. It's fallen on my wife to find her mom a place to live. She's staying with us in the interim. This is all supposed to be happening by the end of February. There's shit for housing around here.

In other news of the shitty:

My income tax rebate, which is large but already 60-70% gone, is going to be delayed about 2-3 weeks because of the tax credit for student loans.

And all three cats are sick. We think it's lungworm. We've decided they are indoor cats from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realizing you just did 8 hours worth of lab work in pencil, when it has to be done in pen.

Realizing it's 4:15 in the morning and your thermodynamics midterm is in less than 4 hours.

Realizing that thermodynamics requires the use of integrals, when I failed Calculus last term (and am consequently unable to take the calculus course that covers that).

Realizing I'm so fucked it's not even funny.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd you make it to the midterm with out knowing you'd need to use integrals?
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubby and I went out for v-day dinner tonight since he's on-call tomorrow night. Anyways, while we're waiting at the table I get a text from work saying that one of my co-workers had a heart attack. Her last day at work is Friday because she is retiring. We were going to have a surprise party for her tomorrow. *sigh* I haven't heard any other news thus far but I'm sure I'll get more tomorrow.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty minor in comparison to heart attacks and missed opportunities...

So I ordered a textbook on Amazon Marketplace (Amazon's ebay) and paid for expedited shipping. The window of time Amazon tells you to expect items to ship within passed without any notice, so I emailed the seller asking if they'd forgot my order. The next day I get an email, "It shipped." WTF? Did you forget until I reminded you? So I give the guy a 3-star review.

I got an email from him asking me to explain why I left negative feedback (despite explaining it in my feedback), and a partial refund. That was mid-January. I ignored it, because that's my discretion. I got a sternly worded email today demanding I write him back or else he's going to call me to discuss the matter.

So I just wrote him back saying if I get a phone call from Florida (where he shipped from) it better be my grandparents, or his feedback goes down to 1-star... then I tore him a new one for the way he handled his correspondence. Then for the way he handled the transaction (what do you think "expedited" means, asshole?!). Fuck you, dude.
CTrees

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always let Amazon customer service do the talking for you. I've had some problems when dealing with non-Prime sellers, as CS has resolved them nicely without me ever having to deal with potentially unhinged sellers directly.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I hear from him again I'll go that route. Hopefully (?) he was just trying to bully me into changing my feedback and will just leave me alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1151, 1152, 1153 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next
Page 1152 of 1256

Jump to: