Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SINNIES 2013: PRELIM NOMINATIONS (PAGE FOUR)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Mizike wrote:

Thread of the Year
Fembot -- This should win in a landslide

ok this might be fun.

You hosting an award might be fun. It'd be coo'.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Snorri wrote:
Mizike wrote:

Thread of the Year

ok this might be fun.

You hosting an award might be fun. It'd be coo'.

It might be. I want one of the good categories though. How much are you willing to pay?

Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that if the best thread ends up being a trainwreck like fembot, there should be a dramatic reading / reenactment of said thread during the award ceremony.
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
I feel that if the best thread ends up being a trainwreck like fembot, there should be a dramatic reading / reenactment of said thread during the award ceremony.

Horrifying as some of those might be, that would be reason enough to watch the show
Have a pleasant day
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have filled out the nomination sheet like 4 times, the site crashes, I get called away before hitting send, the power goes out.

I'm actually afraid to vote at this point.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slack, I'll vote as soon as I can collate every single post Dro made this year to nominate for the giddy award.

also I would LOVE to cohost! BOOM!
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
sporko wrote:
damnit people, lay off arioch. he isn't even around anymore.

also why is comics subforum shit being dragged into here? wipe your feet on the mat outside.

Neither is Ember but he's got several votes. We're voting who was worst noob. Both of them are strong competitors for the title. Arioch should be honoured he's left some sort of legacy to his name most noobs aren't even remembered after they pass out of the forum.

As for 'subforum shit' I'm sorry I thought we were voting over the forum as a whole not just one specific section where the elite members hang out and thing they are cooler than everyone else.

i think i only get riled up because i find you so annoying.

to be fair, this *is* voting over the forum, and people are entitled to their own opinions about people and i apologize for treading on anyone's right to dislike people.

so...sorry, i was being needlessly bitchy.

also gary i would like to present maybe? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
I think Gary needs to do another video.

Updates!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:

Dennis wrote:
also I would LOVE to cohost! BOOM!

this, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
sporko wrote:
damnit people, lay off arioch. he isn't even around anymore.

also why is comics subforum shit being dragged into here? wipe your feet on the mat outside.

Neither is Ember but he's got several votes. We're voting who was worst noob. Both of them are strong competitors for the title. Arioch should be honoured he's left some sort of legacy to his name most noobs aren't even remembered after they pass out of the forum.

As for 'subforum shit' I'm sorry I thought we were voting over the forum as a whole not just one specific section where the elite members hang out and thing they are cooler than everyone else.

i think i only get riled up because i find you so annoying.

to be fair, this *is* voting over the forum, and people are entitled to their own opinions about people and i apologize for treading on anyone's right to dislike people.

so...sorry, i was being needlessly bitchy.

I'm not sure why you would find me annoying when all I do is point out that Arioch has massively outdated and chauvinistic views about women (which mouse agrees with me on and infact I believe a few others who were on the thread at the time) and there appear to be (stated by he himself) some curious fauna in his part of the world. But since you seem mad-on defending him, I suppose you must have similar views or you wouldn't find it so offensive. In any case I don't really care, I was asked to give MY nominations. Not anyone elses. I have done so.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could help with tallying up the votes...if it's hard work.

Don't feel really up to cohosting or presenting. I could usher people off and on the stage or be the audience, or I could hackle the speakers, or be one of the losing nominees getting pissed off.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martian. I'm good. Tallying up is fine, it's link finding that sucks ... keeps me busy though!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
I'm not sure why you would find me annoying when all I do is point out that Arioch has massively outdated and chauvinistic views about women (which mouse agrees with me on and infact I believe a few others who were on the thread at the time) and there appear to be (stated by he himself) some curious fauna in his part of the world. But since you seem mad-on defending him, I suppose you must have similar views or you wouldn't find it so offensive. In any case I don't really care, I was asked to give MY nominations. Not anyone elses. I have done so.

I don't know why you decided to carry on when she seemed to be trying to end it, but you kind of got off on a limb I'm not sure can support you there, with both sporko and Arioch. Arioch, as it turns out, didn't have outdated views on women so much as he spoke English as a second language and used a word ("tamed") that meant something different to us than he intended (his definition was more like a devoted friendship). I'd like to see you explain the nuance of language in Russian. Ditto the "fauna," ordeal. He said the cat opened doors with its foreskin but meant forehead - a mistake that was figured out almost immediately at the time. So slow your roll. Smile
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:

Thread of the Year

I'm sorry I made it worse. I shouldn't be allowed around people or the internet right now.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'll retract the cat comment although at the time it was amusing which is why I mentioned it to Mouse as a sort of 'in-joke'. But with regards to Arioch's views I presume you missed the rant on the other threads about woman getting raped and him saying that if women dress provocatively and go out of their homes alone at night they are 'asking to be raped' because I certainly don't forget it. If it were just the tamed incident I could perhaps ignore it. But that second helping of bile from him just ended any hope of ever respecting the guy and thus why I am voting him worst noob. Because really I feel he is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: