welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/13/2013- Kick Ass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Well, if you click on the signature it'll take you to a page with all of the little pixels of Sinfest characters I've done so far - and I have made her. soooo... there's that?

Why did I not notice before they were a link. How much awesome I have missed out on Shocked Shocked Shocked I must go ravish every drawing on there with my eyeballs.......
Otoh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Why did I not notice before they were a link. How much awesome I have missed out on :shock: :shock: :shock: I must go ravish every drawing on there with my eyeballs.......

*blows kiss* you're welcome ;33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking f/f relationship won't happen here because that's the sort of expectation the Patriarchy puts on two close female friends.

Two women who aren't in competition = friends = friends with benefits = lesbian sexzors!!!!+1

So even if there was an underlying romance it would be quashed by their desire to spite the Patriarchy's expectations.
redshirt26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be the fever talking but Xanthe is starting to grow on me.

Oh, and I hate to sink your ship, but she's already in love...

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4411
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
I'm thinking f/f relationship won't happen here because that's the sort of expectation the Patriarchy puts on two close female friends.

No???? It's more like the patriarchy expects girls to get romantic or sexual with other girls for show, but when the time comes they should find a man and settle down with him and please him. It's the patriarchy's expectation that all girls need a man in their life - and aren't capable of being in a genuinely happy and loving relationship with another girl long-term and thus need to find a man - that they would spite.

So if two members of the sisterhood decided that they liked each other romantically, there wouldn't be any problems there. Unless there were more complicated details in there.

To put it into perspective, Blue and Fuchsia's relationship would be a Red Alert Relationship. They were a couple or at least friends with benefits and put on shows for men, but then Fyoosh found a man and decided she wants to settle down with him.

Of course there's nothing wrong with what Fyoosh chose as it makes her genuinely happy, but that doesn't mean the negative implications aren't there. I'm pretty sure the sisterhood is ok with any relationship in which the female is GENUINELY HAPPY to be involved in. If two girls are genuinely in love with each other and happy with one another, and their relationship isn't mostly a show for the entertainment of men, then they won't see anything wrong with it.

redshirt26 wrote:
Oh, and I hate to sink your ship, but she's already in love...

Even if she is already in love that doesn't mean she couldn't also be in love with another. Polyamory is, in fact, a thing that exists.

I don't really know why you're mentioning that strip since shipping is just a fun thing that shouldn't be taken seriously and doesn't necessarily have to stick to canon??? And its not like I would forget at all??? But OK.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh.
Well look at that.
She really does have feelings...
Now I feel bad calling her the Mini-terminator.

Will wonders ever cease..
lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
KDX wrote:

No???? It's more like the patriarchy expects girls to get romantic or sexual with other girls for show, but when the time comes they should find a man and settle down with him and please him. It's the patriarchy's expectation that all girls need a man in their life - and aren't capable of being in a genuinely happy and loving relationship with another girl long-term and thus need to find a man - that they would spite.

So if two members of the sisterhood decided that they liked each other romantically, there wouldn't be any problems there. Unless there were more complicated details in there.

To put it into perspective, Blue and Fuchsia's relationship would be a Red Alert Relationship. They were a couple or at least friends with benefits and put on shows for men, but then Fyoosh found a man and decided she wants to settle down with him.

Of course there's nothing wrong with what Fyoosh chose as it makes her genuinely happy, but that doesn't mean the negative implications aren't there. I'm pretty sure the sisterhood is ok with any relationship in which the female is GENUINELY HAPPY to be involved in. If two girls are genuinely in love with each other and happy with one another, and their relationship isn't mostly a show for the entertainment of men, then they won't see anything wrong with it.

I think he was talking about when misogynists try to dismiss feminists by calling them "man-hating lesbians." Putting Xanthe into a female/female relationship might go along with that patriarchal stereotype.

Which is fucked up in so many ways, since that ideology treats being a lesbian like it's a bad thing.....and assumes that only gay women could possibly care about other women.....or that lesbians hate men.

Last edited by lol on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I figured. I'm aware of the stereotype and for that reason I'd prefer if their relationship stays strictly platonic but if Tat finally decides to give me the cute f/f relationship that I've wanted for about a year now, I'm not exactly going to complain.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally support a lesbian Xanthe if Tat decided to do it.

The "I KNEW IT!" comments would be annoying though.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd totally support a lesbian Xanthe if Tat decided to do it.

The "I KNEW IT!" comments would be annoying though.

Tautology aside, I agree. Tat's easily good enough at developing interesting characters with depth about whom his audience actually cares, to be able to portray a same-sex romantic relationship realistically.

Whether or not his audience is mature enough to appreciate that portrayal... Well, we've got plenty of practice shouting down idiots, and Tat knows when to listen to the forums and when to ignore us.
;-p
lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll taut your ology!
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Everyone likes a nice taut ology, amirite?
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah; love that nice, firm, taut...
'Scuse me. I need to go take a cold shower, now...
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was enthused here by the portrayal of female friends doing things that have nothing to do with hidden lesbian tension, idle gossip, beautification or pursuing men. Thanks for contributing this to the media's understanding of women, Tat. <3

Edit: typos, grr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: