welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1152, 1153, 1154 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canopus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my condolences Dogen. I've seen that behavior on Youtube, but haven't experienced it on Amazon. Amazon's a great place. I haven't seen any other shopping site that has so much of my trust.

My experience there has been nothing but positive, in fact, the of the few times I thought I was being ripped off, one seller gave an email back politely apologizing and refunding in full. I didn't even have to ship it back.

Another seller took a long time to respond, and after I had used Amazon's customer service, they sent an email explaining there was a family crisis and remorse in not keeping business ethics. I felt silly, and from then on I've personally decided to use it as a last resort, even at the risk of being hounded by potentially unhinged sellers.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think you should feel silly. you have no way of knowing what is going on in the seller's life; what both of you know is that the two of you have a contract (you give the seller money and the seller gives you product; transaction to take place over a reasonable period of time). if you don't get a response from a seller in a reasonable time, you have no way of knowing if there is a problem, or if the seller is ripping you off, or things got lost in the mail, or what. using customer service, it strikes me, is a polite way of determining what, exactly, is going on.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canopus wrote:
You have my condolences Dogen. I've seen that behavior on Youtube, but haven't experienced it on Amazon. Amazon's a great place. I haven't seen any other shopping site that has so much of my trust.

Oh, it's not Amazon's fault. They're just the middle man. Plus, they don't even know he's kind of a dick until someone tells them. I shop online enough (it's where I got my nearly everything I own!) not to worry about one bad seller.

Other than giving me bad recommendations (I buy one set of leiderhosen and my recommendations are forever plagued with giant beer steins, saucy serving wench costumes, and Bavarian hats), Amazon's one of my first stops for shopping.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Other than giving me bad recommendations (I buy one set of leiderhosen and my recommendations are forever plagued with giant beer steins, saucy serving wench costumes, and Bavarian hats), Amazon's one of my first stops for shopping.

Since I buy for my preschool class using my amazon account and also buy toys for my daughter off there occasionally...you'd think I was a 4 year old with a credit card looking at my recommendations lol.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a way to go in and tell it to not use certain stuff for recommendations. I've got it set up so when I surf through them it's just a pile of things I want desperately... so... your mileage may vary, it might be better to have it way off the mark.
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

They are giving you recommendations also based on that you have bought all that stuff, right? Because it is absolutely what you should be buying. You should present the sinnies in that shit. If this sinnies isn't being presented by a guy wearing leiderhosen, a saucy serving wench costume and a Bavarian hat who is carrying a giant beer stein in his one hand and using the other hand to draw on his blackboard because he is also teaching us neuroscience or something then I don't even want it.

So it's up to you and Dennis.

sporko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

over the weekend, my other half bought me a little stuffed bison that i keep clipped onto my backpack.

today, i noticed it was missing, and i've searched school, car, and home.

Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The targeted suggestions on amazon have given me just about one useful suggestion.

Dogen wrote:
Oh, it's not Amazon's fault. They're just the middle man. Plus, they don't even know he's kind of a dick until someone tells them. I shop online enough (it's where I got my nearly everything I own!) not to worry about one bad seller.

If only every consumer were as wise and informed as you! From my pov, all the good customers have left Craigslist, I've had advertisements stay up for months with the offers amounting to GIMME GIMME GIMME FREE FREE FREE.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahahaha... the seller sent me another email that said I, "act like a child" and to not ever buy from him again. If that's not "I'm taking my ball and going home," I don't know what is. Unfortunately, since there is absolutely nowhere else on the internet to buy cheap textbooks, I guess he'll have the last laugh.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of an inconvenience than a horror, but my bike's been stolen.

Well, when I say my bike, I really mean my boss's bike. It was a sort of permanent loan - I'd offered to buy it, but he wouldn't take any money, and now that's it's been taken he's being rather passive-aggressive about the whole thing, so I guess it is a very slight horror, because I can't very well tell him to feck off.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of shipping problems I guess I'm not getting that new computer today. Or possibly ever, since it is now sold out.

*sigh*
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Speaking of shipping problems I guess I'm not getting that new computer today. Or possibly ever, since it is now sold out.

*sigh*

What are the specs on it?
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here. I recognize the black version is still in stock, which would be fine, but I can't buy it until we figure out where the hell the other one went.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's going on? Showing delivered but not actually there? Or something else?
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, get you money back and buy a better one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1152, 1153, 1154 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1153 of 1250

Jump to: