welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 289, 290, 291  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17101
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the metric to use when you are getting totally whipped in your argument.

you will notice, he started off by saying blue collar workers didn't have _time_ - so now when dogen say, in essence "my mom made time", now it becomes about how physically exhausted she was or wasn't.

same as how his stance on how parents should have the "freedom" to "influence their child's decisions" devolves into a text message from the clinic saying "hit yes/no". so much for how important it is that parents have an input.

basically, it's thy not holding a coherent enough position to even remember what his initial position even was, let alone what sort of reason he had for it.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-kay, it's gotten to the point where everyone is inviting Thy to go have conjugal relations with himself; this discussion's pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns.

New topic: What do you guy's think of Icleand's proposal to ban internet porn?* Good idea? Bad idea? Ridiculously unworkable idea? What are your thoughts?

* Forgive me for linking CNN as the source article; there are plenty other articles out there from sources of other biases for those who prefer their news flavored that way.
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3535
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
fuck you, thy

Quote:
She still found the time to talk to all of us about important issues.

which part of that suggests "physically exhausting" is the right metric to use?


No, fuck you Michael.

No matter how hard Dogen wishes his mother was a blue collar worker, she is not in fact a blue collar worker from that job description.

A worker who is both physically and mentally tired is not capable of such privileges.

Furthermore, having the audacity to suggest that people should always have enough free time to raise their children properly is preposterous and is obviously a privileged point of view.


Don't dare bring out the mom card Dogen, it won't work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3535
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
it's the metric to use when you are getting totally whipped in your argument.

you will notice, he started off by saying blue collar workers didn't have _time_ - so now when dogen say, in essence "my mom made time", now it becomes about how physically exhausted she was or wasn't.

same as how his stance on how parents should have the "freedom" to "influence their child's decisions" devolves into a text message from the clinic saying "hit yes/no". so much for how important it is that parents have an input.

basically, it's thy not holding a coherent enough position to even remember what his initial position even was, let alone what sort of reason he had for it.


Whipped? I completely destroyed your argument.

Not my fault you guys want to talk about Dogen's mom.

(Which has nothing to do with the argument by the way)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17101
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: "out of touch" criticisms abound Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Mouse, you're not exactly a blue collar worker.

Someone like that literally doesn't have the time to sit down with their kids and have a talk about sex, when they are barely financially surviving.


you were the one who established the rules, thy. _you_ said it was an issue of time.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Furthermore, having the audacity to suggest that people should always have enough free time to raise their children properly is preposterous and is obviously a privileged point of view.


what. the. fuck.

are you actually saying that it is preposterous for people to have - or (from your tone) even _want_ to have - the time to properly raise their children?

just because your parents wanted nothing to do with you (and i can understand their reasoning) doesn't mean millions and millions of parents, even poor ones, don't spend time with their children and do everything they can to raise them properly.

i mean, what world do you even live in? if what you said was true, there would be absolutely no rich spoiled brats, and no poor people with any morals, standards or ethics. and that is so completely untrue, it's not even funny.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17101
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Whipped? I completely destroyed your argument.


oh, right - we are in thy world, where right is wrong and black is white and stupid is smart.

never mind.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17101
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
O-kay, it's gotten to the point where everyone is inviting Thy to go have conjugal relations with himself; this discussion's pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns.

New topic: What do you guy's think of Icleand's proposal to ban internet porn?* Good idea? Bad idea? Ridiculously unworkable idea? What are your thoughts?

* Forgive me for linking CNN as the source article; there are plenty other articles out there from sources of other biases for those who prefer their news flavored that way.


i applaud their motives, but sadly, putting a man on the moon does not, in fact, ensure technical success in all endeavors.

although i hate to mention parenting again, this is one place where i think parental monitoring is important. and not 'parental monitoring' in the sense of setting up internet filters, but monitoring in terms of actually knowing what your children are watching, what games they are playing, and actually talking to them about the images they see (note to thy: parents who are working so hard they can't even find the strength to talk to their children obviously can't afford computers, so don't even bother to say anything).
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1171
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brilliance wrote:
It's one thing to know history, and quite another thing to understand reality.


You realize that factories cost money to build, workers have to be paid, and on top of what would have to be spent on the massive amount of infrastructure that would have to be rebuilt (roads, rail lines, ports, etc) in the conquered countries for this to be feasible? Not to mention the fact that Germany's WWII economy was based solely on German armament companies getting giant government subsidies to produce nothing but weapons for the German army. That's a whole fuckton of subsidies that are going to disappear and a hell of a lot of useless factories tooled for making guns, ammo and vehicles for a war that has stopped.

So now you're ~50 Billion Reichsmarks in debt and rising, your unemployment is increasing due to a massive influx of refugees that are now citizens, you now have to feed a population that has increased exponentially, farms cost even more money in infrastructure, equipment and labor, you have to rebuild the infrastructure and government of most of Continental Europe, and on top of all that, sooner or later people are going to start asking pesky questions about what happened to the Jews.

You seem to be the one who doesn't have a firm grip on reality, or economics for that matter.

Edit: This is of course assuming that the Allies don't tell Germany to fuck off and are actually willing to do fair trade with them after a period of intense war. If they put an embargo on Germany it's game over before it even begins.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead


Last edited by fritterdonut on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10657

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and everybody please stop speaking about Thy in third person, it's rude
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3535
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: "out of touch" criticisms abound Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Mouse, you're not exactly a blue collar worker.

Someone like that literally doesn't have the time to sit down with their kids and have a talk about sex, when they are barely financially surviving.


you were the one who established the rules, thy. _you_ said it was an issue of time.


Please learn to read Mouse.

I clearly said it was an issue of time and being a blue collar worker



mouse wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Furthermore, having the audacity to suggest that people should always have enough free time to raise their children properly is preposterous and is obviously a privileged point of view.


what. the. fuck.

are you actually saying that it is preposterous for people to have - or (from your tone) even _want_ to have - the time to properly raise their children?

just because your parents wanted nothing to do with you (and i can understand their reasoning) doesn't mean millions and millions of parents, even poor ones, don't spend time with their children and do everything they can to raise them properly.

i mean, what world do you even live in? if what you said was true, there would be absolutely no rich spoiled brats, and no poor people with any morals, standards or ethics. and that is so completely untrue, it's not even funny.


Please learn to read Mouse.


People don't always have enough time to raise their children properly.

To suggest that they SHOULD ALWAYS have enough time to do so is preposterous and a privileged point of view.

END OF STORY

What is it about that statement that you don't understand?


That being said, most people don't even know how to raise their children properly.

THAT IS WHY YOU SEE RICH SPOILED BRATS EVER SO OFTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3535
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Do you even know me? Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
The Brilliance wrote:
It's one thing to know history, and quite another thing to understand reality.


You realize that factories cost money to build, workers have to be paid, and on top of what would have to be spent on the massive amount of infrastructure that would have to be rebuilt (roads, rail lines, ports, etc) in the conquered countries for this to be feasible? Not to mention the fact that Germany's WWII economy was based solely on German armament companies getting giant government subsidies to produce nothing but weapons for the German army. That's a whole fuckton of subsidies that are going to disappear and a hell of a lot of useless factories tooled for making guns, ammo and vehicles for a war that has stopped.

So now you're ~50 Billion Reichsmarks in debt and rising, your unemployment is increasing due to a massive influx of refugees that are now citizens, you now have to feed a population that has increased exponentially, farms cost even more money in infrastructure, equipment and labor, you have to rebuild the infrastructure and government of most of Continental Europe, and on top of all that, sooner or later people are going to start asking pesky questions about what happened to the Jews.

You seem to be the one who doesn't have a firm grip on reality, or economics for that matter.

Edit: This is of course assuming that the Allies don't tell Germany to fuck off and are actually willing to do fair trade with them after a period of intense war. If they put an embargo on Germany it's game over before it even begins.


You're actually going to do this.

You're going to start a hypothetical argument about the economics of germany post WW2 if Hitler won.

With Thy.



You poor fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1171
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me more about how you recover your economy when you are in massive debt, a large portion of your native population is dead and you are suddenly overwhelmed with the burden of most of continental Europe's population and infrastructure, much of which has been bombed to rubble.

PS; where in your original post did you say that you were only counting regimes that were toppled by inside forces (not that there aren't plenty of those either).

PSS; I'm still waiting for you to give a response that's more than the one sentence fuckwit kind.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17101
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, no, fritters - we must remind ourselves. when he says:

Quote:
You're going to start a hypothetical argument ...
With Thy.



You poor fool.


he means we are fools because he is batshit insane, and can't hold onto a single line of thought for one full page. so then he starts saying things like 'please learn to read', as if he sets the benchmark for reading comprehension.

it will drive you up the wall. and you cannot restore him to sanity (we know, many have tried).

SO: let's get back to porn and iceland. iceland does seem like a place that would be anti-porn, because if you show people pictures like that they will want to imitate them, and then you have to deal with all these frozen naked bodies. it's a sanitation issue, i think.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6376

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Iceland the warm one, mouse?
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3535
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you don't seem to have a response to my valid point, might I suggest you instead go ahead and parent your children?

They are waiting for your love.



mouse wrote:
no, no, fritters - we must remind ourselves. when he says:

Quote:
You're going to start a hypothetical argument ...
With Thy.



You poor fool.


he means we are fools because he is batshit insane, and can't hold onto a single line of thought for one full page. so then he starts saying things like 'please learn to read', as if he sets the benchmark for reading comprehension.

it will drive you up the wall. and you cannot restore him to sanity (we know, many have tried).

SO: let's get back to porn and iceland. iceland does seem like a place that would be anti-porn, because if you show people pictures like that they will want to imitate them, and then you have to deal with all these frozen naked bodies. it's a sanitation issue, i think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 289, 290, 291  Next
Page 166 of 291

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group