welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1633, 1634, 1635 ... 1715, 1716, 1717  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I have this multigrain bread recipe that I love. Used to make it all the time, but then I sortable got out of baking, and then a friend gave me a sourdough starter, and I figured if I _was_ going to bake, I should use the starter, and this is a pretty heavy dough, and i wasn't sure how much starter it would need or if it would even work. But I have been thinking about this bread, so I decided to give it a try....and not only did it actually rise, it turned out pretty tasty. In fact, the trick may be not eating the whole batch tonight.
Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah, home made breads are almost always fantastic. good food, in general, is a great pleasure.

i'm almost done with my hotline shift -- there's an hour left. i've had back to back phone calls the last three hours. this was my first shift in about four weeks so i'm a little rusty, but i am definitely ready to leave. plenty of paranoid frequent callers, a couple of depressed people who can't get to their therapist tonight, plenty of people who just wanna bitch about their current problems... let. me. go. home.
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nono, this "pleasures" thread - although it sounds like your pleasure is the prospect of finishing your shift. Hope the last hour is quiet - I would send you some bread if I could!
Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry!! ahem--- I am leaving in 15 minutes!!!! hoorayyyyyyy!

you've gotta share some of your recipes sometime -- where is the sinfest recipes exchange thread anyway?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, we did have one of those didn't we?
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have one - I would say that is an acceptable necro...if you can dig it up.
Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thread is definitely a little pleasure. the pictures are making me droooool
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if wheels can dig it up. If I get ambitious (or at least dutiful) tomorrow I will get on the laptop and type it...while it might be interesting to see what kindle (Bah! (Oh, nice try, Kindle! But I was saying hah! To your failure to recognize your own name...it would be the one place you wouldn't insist on forcing capitalization)

Where was I...oh, yeah, trying to type in a recipe on this will drive me crazy.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I've gotten better at making omelets despite not having cooked much of anything with eggs in ages.

Either that, or this one was a fluke. A tasty fluke.

yay omelets
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omelets are my specialty. I can't cook much without a recipe, but I can make kickass omelets. Fluffy or dense, lots of eggy goodness or a thin crepe of egg wrapped around mounds of filling, I can make any kind of omelet!

But seriously, I have no idea how to cook anything else.
Falkonn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omelets are a pretty good specialty to have! =) I make great grilled cheese, french toast, and carbonara. Anything other then that and I have to break out a recipe or convince my wife that she's a better cook then I am (it's true, she's an infinitely better cook then I am).
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently become an expert at crockpot/slowcooker cooking. I like it because you typically just throw stuff in there and let it go for several hours and wa-la homemade hot meal and only one big pot to clean up. I get an hour lunch break everyday, so I usually run home and throw stuff in it for supper.

The hubby hates cleaning it, though, because it's big and akward to clean. So, I bought those crockpot liners and now he could care less if I cook in it. Seriously, he got mad at me for making a hot meal and using one pot. *eyeroll* Not every recipe has been amazing but I've found a few winners.

My recent favorite recipe is this awesome chicken for tacos. 1 jar of salsa + 1 pkg taco seasoning (stirred together) + 4-6 chicken breasts = yummy shreds with fork chicken! I made this for my daughter's birthday party last weekend. If you have leftover chicken there are endless possibilities for it too. Tortilla soup, enchiladas, quesadillas, random taco casserole...etc.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Day!

Work keeps sending me texts that end in "Please DO NOT travel."

Believe me, don't plan to! *settles in to play video games*
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It snowed Saturday here! I got to walk my dog for a couple of hours as it was coming down at the park.

None of it stuck around and by evening the roads were totally dry, but still SNOOOOOOOOOOW WALK!
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to venture out for food, so I'll try to take some pictures for you to live vicariously through.

They've officially closed the site down for the entire day. This is actually a pretty rare thing, generally they assume we can deal with shitty weather just fine.

Edit a half hour later: Called around a bit. 90% certain all the restaurants are closed, which is reasonable. Guess I'll make a breadpudding instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1633, 1634, 1635 ... 1715, 1716, 1717  Next
Page 1634 of 1717

Jump to: