welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-17: Angel Hoodie 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diagram12345

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
I dispute that there is any justice beyond what we can make for ourselves. Nature--where "might makes right"--is not just; justice is only a figment of our imaginations.

Well, sure. Isn't that common sense?
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would think so. But, how many adults still complain of their lot in life, "It's not fair!"? How many believe that bullies always get their come-uppance? How many live in the hope that after they die, some celestial judge will bestow upon them greatness in an afterlife for the privations they suffer in this life? How many cling to their comforting mojo of karma, of divine justice, of balance, even in the face of the evidence? (I'm one of them, for pity's sake!)

And it all begins with this childhood theme: bullies will invariably be beaten at their own game, by a champion pure of heart.

At the risk of sounding cliche, common sense is, all too often, only applied uncommonly.
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for an alternative plotline:
How about one where the "hero" rescues a "victim" from a "bully" - only to have the police jail him/her for assault?

Believe it or not, I can actually remember ONE show where that happened (JAG - the offendor was also facing a 3 strikes mandatory long sentence)

If you want a story where the baddies simply win. consider" Blackhawk Down. Aid providing well wishers interfere with internal politics of moghadishu, things escalate - and the US forces get thumped.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomeGuy411 wrote:
And after Big D deals with them...well, my imagination fails me at what punishment he COULD mete out for attacking his son

I seriously doubt that he'll do anything. He's "allowed" bad things to happen to Li'l E before, why start interfering now?
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

I seriously doubt that he'll do anything. He's "allowed" bad things to happen to Li'l E before, why start interfering now?

Well, stopping cerberus from eating him comes to mind. Other than drinking the lethe water, not much bad has happened to little e. He stopped blue from telling e who he really was, and has kept an eye out, interfering where necessary, from a distance. Also, if you would have quoted the rest of the sentence, instead of just snipping the half you thought would work for your point, I gave a reason for him to not need to do anything. Pebbles DID beat the crap out of the thugs, and threaten to incinerate them
Have a pleasant day
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm wondering how big D is going to react to his son essentially joining forces with the enemy. he hasn't been too pleased with his son in the past, like when he cried at his dad bagging an angel, and didn't he fail to 'bomf' when the devil tried to teach him? big D is, at best, ambivalent about the kid. and let's face it - you wouldn't exactly expect him to be a supportive, forgiving parent. he's sort of the definition of harsh authoritarianism.

in fact, when i said i was afraid something bad was going to happen to li'l e in that angel hoodie, i more than half expected it to be big D's furious reaction to seeing him in it.

but pebbles really is a great surrogate big sister. wonder if she'll get granny to sew that wing back on.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for bringing this up to the forefront for no decent reason. But this just occured to me. About Pebbles devil name given for her colour. We know her NICKNAME is Pebbles but about her actual colour-based name.... what about Clementine? It's a type of mandarin orange the shade of which perfectly matches the colour Tat usually colours her. Not only that but it's an old song of the variety that would perfectly fit a country-western farm-raised type girl. She really does seem like a Clementine. For me I think I'm going to settle with it. But of course if you disagree feel free to just disregard this post entirely and continue with your day. And once again apologies for the random out of synch post.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually her color is more atomic tangerine than anything, or, well, it was in the beginning anyways. and considering the fact that tat tends to use tangerine as a tag for her on the archives every now and then, that's likely what she's going to be named. so i dunno. clementine would be cute although i think i still vastly prefer tangerine????

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atomic tangerine?

That's a thing? I feel so "typical man" right now.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atomic Tangerine is, indeed, a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I rule the world, there will be only one word colors.

Everyone, get your fill now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: