welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 18 2013 - Patriarchy, Patriarchy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibson22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick mentioned something interesting: Monique IS hanging out with someone who worships her, which is what Slick did (only he wanted quite a bit in return for it). In the end, isn't Monique still wanting someone to worship her? This kind of makes me second guess the nature of her change.

Besides, I am a Slick fan and I want something to turn out GOOD for him! >Sad This is almost watching Al Bundy on "Married with Children" whenever I see him.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her fangirl actually has the motivation to interact with her and hang out with her. She's not hanging out with her fangirl because she worships her, but because she's down with hanging out with anyone who wants to hang. No where does it say that Nique still wants anyone to worship her.

Meanwhile Slick rarely even tries to interact with her these days, and when he does he is the one uncomfortable. Added with the fact that before he has had trouble respecting her choices before and then there are the things that his devilself has said and planned on doing... He is the one that is standing in the way of his own friendship with her. I love Slick too, but really, it's his own failure to learn from his mistakes that is the reason why he's so unhappy most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
He is the one that is standing in the way of his own friendship with her.

Exactly. I feel like so many miss this.
The Peanut Gallery wrote:
Been there, bitched about that.

Except my friend found religion in the form of atheism. The converts are always the most fanatical.

Not sure if you're joking or not.

If you are joking, then I'm laughing right along with you.

If not, then uh....what?
Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Her fangirl actually has the motivation to interact with her and hang out with her. She's not hanging out with her fangirl because she worships her, but because she's down with hanging out with anyone who wants to hang. No where does it say that Nique still wants anyone to worship her.

Meanwhile Slick rarely even tries to interact with her these days, and when he does he is the one uncomfortable. Added with the fact that before he has had trouble respecting her choices before and then there are the things that his devilself has said and planned on doing... He is the one that is standing in the way of his own friendship with her. I love Slick too, but really, it's his own failure to learn from his mistakes that is the reason why he's so unhappy most of the time.

Yeah, you bring up some good points. And I was also thinking in a way that perhaps she views the fangirl in a "little-sister" kind of way. It might just be escaping my memory, but I can't remember the last time Monique has approached him. I think Slick at least approached her and tried to make things the way they were (which he JUST CAN'T DO).

Slick's flaws are right out there and are in plain view. I never had this impression of Monique until Slick was talking with Squiggly.
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wrote:

The Peanut Gallery wrote:
Been there, bitched about that.

Except my friend found religion in the form of atheism. The converts are always the most fanatical.

Not sure if you're joking or not.

If you are joking, then I'm laughing right along with you.

If not, then uh....what?

We spent 10 years as friends, and I couldn't tell you what religious beliefs he had, if any. It never came up. Then he discovered Atheism with a capital A. And instead of video games or sci-fi, he developed a tendency to start up unsolicited religious rants that feel vaguely recruitful with absolutely no lead in whatsoever. And they completely smack of some of my less savory family member's "Jesus loves you, heathens are destroying America" talks just with the names switched. And have the same effect of managing to insult and degrade about half of the people I know.
lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought you were confusing atheism with an actual religion.

Yeah, it is unfortunate your friend became that aggressive. There are some hilarious parallels between the jesus freaks and the aggressive anti-religion rants of certain atheists.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I dont like about this strip: It is the Slick's next apparition from the self aware bot incident, he is talking with his friend and...

Is he talking about 'nique? What about "dude, weirdest shit happen'd to me last day, here comes that...."

Not fair, I guess. The fembot isn't a non sequitur joke, she is interacting with the rest of the crew but Slick seems like don't wanna talk about it, not even with one of his best friends.

Is he ashamed? Is Mr. Tatsuya using Slick as "generic male" and thus he really wasnt here? If not, why the silence? I want to know how Slick feels, what thoughts about that. Has he learned something?

Mmm... forget it... Problably he would be showed going to the shop and asking for a refund or similar.

*editing bad spelling
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Feb 18 2013 - Patriarchy, Patriarchy Reply with quote

Slick should go find his fangirl and hang around with her for a while.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2035

Of course, that was a long time ago, she might have moved on...
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADDENDUM:

Wonder if Slick's fangirl and her friend put those hearts in mylar bags to preserve them in mint condition. They could be valuable one day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: