welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-20: Bring Back Old 'Nique
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: 2013-02-20: Bring Back Old 'Nique Reply with quote

So... uh... am I supposed to take offense here? Just for wanting the good ol' Sinfest back?

> inb4 Entitlement
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Pixi-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on, Tat. Anyone who likes their comics consistently formula-driven should stick to Garfield and Cathy.
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixi-san wrote:
Rock on, Tat. Anyone who likes their comics consistently formula-driven should stick to Garfield and Cathy.

The comic seems more formulaic now than it used to be. It's kind of gotten boring, really.

*takes cover*
Pixi-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant help but feel the doggedness to stick to this arc is in direct proportion to the opposition against it. Fair enough. It's the artists Universe. All things are temporary.
Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this arc is tats "One Moment in Time" Arc, just to show that the old comic is dead and never coming back, and how all the characters are much better off this way.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixi-san wrote:
I cant help but feel the doggedness to stick to this arc is in direct proportion to the opposition against it. Fair enough. It's the artists Universe. All things are temporary.

oh man, how beautiful would that be

Tat only sticks with the patriarchy arc as long as people complain about it
Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Pixi-san wrote:

oh man, how beautiful would that be

Tat only sticks with the patriarchy arc as long as people complain about it

Well you know the saying, give the people what they hate so they still come to the comic to bitch about it, the numbers still rise either way...
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm increasingly feeling like we'll only ever get real meaning/progress out of this comic on sundays now

the bit where slick takes the fembot to the reality zone? huge step forward as a character and genuinely interesting bit of plot. this? huge step back and it's just a cheap poke (at people who deserve it, sure. point stands)

if these were real people he should really have a conversation with 'nique about how her changes make him feel, and she'd probably explain her rationale, the fact that she's going to stick with it, and (hopefully) that she isn't less of a friend for it, even if things are a little different. you know. the mature thing. i guess that's not very sinfesty though

considering this is already an arc though i'd love to see them work through the awkwardness. it's getting painful
Arkhron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Years ago this comic dealed with serious themes, like religion, the place of humanity in creation, philosophy... Aaaaand the author pets, Slick trying to grab a piece of ass and being rejected, Old Year running away from the reaper... And it was relevant and awesome.

Now it deals with only one serious theme, the women and her place in society... I find that humour a bit dry (repetitive, maybe), but still relevant and awesome. I miss a lot Buddah and Dragon and their interactions with hebraic god, but I understand that Mr. Tatsuya finds funny giving the middle finger to the crowd that criticizes the new direction of the comic (14 months now and still "new"? sigh).

Im with Shadowcell. The quicker the crowd assumes the changes, more deep would be achieved in that changes (throw us some character development please!) or maybe new changes.

And take back Buddah and Dragon!

*Edit bad grammar & spelling... English isn't my native, sorry

Last edited by Arkhron on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man i miss the dragon. we haven't really seen god much lately, either. sad times
Leohan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small issue with this comic. Why do the Patriarchy Blockers decode that? Slick's emotionally neediness hardly does have anything to do with gender differentiation. Or are those lenses of truth all of sudden?
LadySunami

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
Meh. Years ago this comic dealed with serious themes, like religion, the place of humanity in creation, philosophy... Aaaaand the author pets, Slick trying to grab a piece of ass and being rejected, Old Year running away from the reaper... And it was relevant and awesome.

And take back Buddah and Dragon!

I'm confused... when did these things leave?

Seymour is still very Seymour, acting to illuminate silly aspects of religion (even if he's slightly less zealous).

God is still around trolling people with his snazzy font.

I do agree about missing the dragon and Buddah though. I hope they come back.

Pretty sure this counts as a commentary on philosophy and the human condition. (Choosing hate instead of joy because it's easier.)

Silly animals are still around being silly.

The new year still gets chased down by death. In quite an epic fashion I might add.

I really think the whole feminism thing was more something added then something lost. As for changes in characterization, most of the changes from earliest comics were quite gradual. The comic has hardly changed overnight.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
I have a small issue with this comic. Why do the Patriarchy Blockers decode that? Slick's emotionally neediness hardly does have anything to do with gender differentiation. Or are those lenses of truth all of sudden?

Clearly the frames have fragments of Wonder Woman's lasso of truth. Wink
What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:Sigh:

We've been assuming that Tat is a cranky feminist who despises his old work and is trying to alienate his old fans, but really he's just having trouble coming up with ideas.
Reader1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i'm hoping the next comic looks like (forgive the rough look, i'm working w/ ms paint)

What happena my handle? wrote:
:Sigh:

We've been assuming that Tat is a cranky feminist who despises his old work and is trying to alienate his old fans, but really he's just having trouble coming up with ideas.

agreed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: