welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, I know, Ponies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 218, 219, 220  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princesses need their rest!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendship is Witchcraft ep. 8

some might make false assumptions about what's going on if they haven't seen the episode where Princess Luna gives up her position as Princess of the Night to Twilight in exchange for lessons on social interaction and appeal

it looks like past episodes were removed from YouTube? so http://www.sherclop.com/
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the share HR, this sure beats downloading them.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded all of them when they first came out.

I download a lot of things.

heh
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could get more hard drives but I'm barely making mortgage! I'm just not that rich Razz
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh

(c) Mimblex or Mumbles! or someone

is this the wrong thread for this
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is the wrong thread for that.

This is the right thread for this.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
uhhhh

(c) Mimblex or Mumbles! or someone

is this the wrong thread for this

I think a frightened, panicked face would be better than the, um, "bedroom-eyes" she's displaying. In a lot of ways, I think it's more disturbing than some of the more blatant stuff I've run across.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but eet iz quality

and apples
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: other forum discussions going on at this very moment, I bet Twilight's mom laid off the 'when are you giving us some grandfoals?' line now that she's a (presumably immortal) wing-a-ling princess.
Shining Armor, on the other hoof... let's just say there's an hilariously inappropriate comic I could draw for that if it didn't involve actually drawing a comic.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Las Pegasus Unicon, pretty much the biggest con this year with a ton of official MLP guests and a huge number of brony musicians and personalities, imploded in spectacular fashion.
The organizers had planned on and sold the convention as going to garner about 2,000 attendees, but it only got about 1,200 by Sunday. The con was not going to meet its monetary obligations.
To help make up for the pretty huge shortfall, autographs and special offers from the guests were put on a kind of fire sale and went about half-priced all Sunday. A last minute funding drive was set up by the brony media (EQD, Derpy Hooves, News, Celestia Radio, etc.) to help cover the costs for official guests which raised about $7.5K to be distributed by John de Lancie's agent to the agents and representatives of the other official guests.
Meanwhile the upper management of the con's organizers pretty much disappeared during the day, leaving the lower level staff and all the guests, media, etc. holding the bag. None of the money raised will be going to those guys, it's all for the guests. The money raised for charity at the con is also still going to the charities instead of being put into the pool. The con security staff was augmented by some volunteering from military bronies and others to make sure everybody got out safely while the media bronies tried to stage a graceful exit and raise the money for the guests.

So while the community reaction to this has been pretty damn amazing, the experience might still have repercussions for future conventions. Every effort is being made to keep the all-important show guests happy and compensated to try and minimize whatever negative impact the implosion could have on guest availability going forward. There was already an issue late in 2012 where Hasbro was clamping down on guest appearances and nobody could get ahold of them or their agents, which forced several prospective cons out of business. It was mostly the of the voice actors and writers who really wanted to attend that seemed to have changed Hasbro's minds and opened up their policies again just recently. We'll have to wait and see what, if any, fallout there is over this incident.

Honestly, I think we're having a problem with convention saturation. EQD has taken to making fairly regular Convention Compilation posts to cover all the cons people are organizing in different regions, and there are already several huge cons every year that are trying to become a regular thing. A huge number of them are trying to get guests from the show. Demand for guests has outstripped supply, and I think attendance will be going down because a lot of people that can and want to attend have already hit a con somewhere at some point.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the folks behind EQLA seem to have been exercising concerted effort to prevent other brony conventions in Southern California for that very reason.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say that these ponies have the strangest form of monarchy I've ever seen.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbleberry feels my feels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 218, 219, 220  Next
Page 192 of 220

Jump to: