welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-23: Good-bye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I don't expect Tat was thinking of me, or any on the forum specifically. I don't know how much attention he even pays the forum.

Tat is telling a story about 'Nique. It just feels sometimes like it's about the comic itself.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am the only one thinking this, but I find pretty boring and reiterative this kind of strips. Mr. Tatsuya has told in so many others the points that Bitflipper says perfectly.

Everytime I see one like these I feel sad for the awesome strip about anything else that would have been in its place and he didn't make.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happena my handle? wrote:
Oh, I don't expect Tat was thinking of me, or any on the forum specifically. I don't know how much attention he even pays the forum.

Tat is telling a story about 'Nique. It just feels sometimes like it's about the comic itself.

Don't be so dismissive of meta-narrative. There have been way too many times that something was being discussed in forums and the strip turned to that topic. Also, who knows if people are emailing Tat directly to rant and whine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
War_Junky_91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
KDX wrote:
Not sure if this strip was in reference to someone making a stormy exit earlier. However, if people say they don't like what you're doing and are threatening to leave, it's not wise to make fun of them.

A lot of people threaten because they are invested and they don't want to leave. If there's a change, there's room for an "I always had faith," "glad they listened to the fans," or just plain "mea culpa."

But the moment you start making fun of the people who care enough about your material to voice their opinion on it, make fun of them for actually giving a damn, that's just wrong.

Either they stick around out of spite and continuously detract from your work and eventually that does have an effect on readership, or they decide they have to back of their threat, and actually leave. That definitely has a direct impact on your readership.

Just to dispel any impending criticism, I myself am on the fence, and have made my position on the current direction/content of Sinfest known. Even if Tat wants to change direction he's going to do it over time, and with a reasonable level of story telling. I plan to give him that time. I hope others do too.

It's also likely that content that drives some people away will attract new fans, maybe even more than the number that left.

Its just as likely it could take the "New Coke" path, i think we all know how that worked out.
Xanthë

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or was that a dig at the sort of over-reaction like this, from a few days ago (because the poster doesn’t like the patriarchy arc and took offense at the hilarious Patriarchy Action Movie strip)?

LarsenSan wrote:
OK, that's it. Between yesterday's strip (repeating a joke he already used not so long ago; heck, it was not even a good joke) and today's one (a direct attack to some users that were posting past strips) this webcomic has died to me. From today I'll stick with Giselle Lagace's webcomics. So, goodbye Sinfest, you are no longer the partner I once knew. Goodbye Tat, I hope you don't fall anymore coz you'll be underground. And goodbye to a couple of single-minded-idiots I've met in these forums; you know who I'm talking about.

The infantile gesturing and swearing in the graphic is what really made me think this was Tat’s indirect way of replying.
vector010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny strip, regardless of whether it was a dig at some forum posters or not. But that's just me.

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom dee doom doom doom...
Gibson22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:
In my experience, if you really think something has gotten too boring to keep watching/reading, you don't make a big fuss about it, you just yawn and change the channel/walk out/take a nap/load up a different webpage. Yelling about how you're going to storm out means you're still invested. If you're really tired of it then you just won't care, and you won't even go to the page in the first place.

True that. There is one comic that I used to view all the time and the art was decent for a while and the jokes were funny from time to time. However, the art and story just got so ridiculous and the author so full of himself that I simply made a quiet exit and only go back to it once or twice a year out of sheer, morbid curiosity of how bad/stupid/inane it has become.

For the brave O_O... http://sorethumbs.keenspot.com/

Disagree with his opinions or not, you can at least tell without a doubt that Tat has pride in his work and actually makes it a quality piece.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the comic.

Some people aren't worth pleasing. So why try?
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've commented some on sociosexual issues re: the themes in the strip and the positions espoused by the character narrative, or — if it's relevant — I'll talk about if the comic holds more or less interest when it gets 'preachy' but it's all neutral critique of something I just get for free that I'm indirectly exposed to anyway.

on the other side of the sock you have people like larsensan which are incoherent goons that really seriously are neurotic about ~tha wommens~ in a way that they tend to be really bad at hiding, so nothing of value is lost if they leave because of a feminist narrative and even say they're taking their ball and going home to menage a 3.

mainly though I only see the comic in regards to whatever further incoherent goonery is getting shouted down in this subforum.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tat's version is funnier -and- cuter than the one I drew waaay back.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
Not sure if this strip was in reference to someone making a stormy exit earlier. However, if people say they don't like what you're doing and are threatening to leave, it's not wise to make fun of them.

Unless you don't care if they leave, and would rather they do so. Then making fun of them accelerates their fucking off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of what I love about today's comic is that Tat points out in that nicely meta way of his that those who raise a fuss about his comic typically provide their own punchlines!
Confuzledish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:

A lot of people threaten because they are invested and they don't want to leave. If there's a change, there's room for an "I always had faith," "glad they listened to the fans," or just plain "mea culpa."

But the moment you start making fun of the people who care enough about your material to voice their opinion on it, make fun of them for actually giving a damn, that's just wrong.

Either they stick around out of spite and continuously detract from your work and eventually that does have an effect on readership, or they decide they have to back of their threat, and actually leave. That definitely has a direct impact on your readership.

Just to dispel any impending criticism, I myself am on the fence, and have made my position on the current direction/content of Sinfest known. Even if Tat wants to change direction he's going to do it over time, and with a reasonable level of story telling. I plan to give him that time. I hope others do too.

My thoughts exactly. Criticism is not a bad thing, it can be a valuable tool to improve oneself. That being said, this forum is filled with mentally stunted individuals who can only use vulgarity, threats, cheap put downs, and foul language to express themselves to anyone with even a slight disagreement with them (aka the extreme feminists).
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confuzledish wrote:
That being said, this forum is filled with mentally stunted individuals who can only use vulgarity, threats, cheap put downs, and foul language to express themselves to anyone with even a slight disagreement with them (aka the extreme feminists).

You forgot to include the poor, innocent noobs who've yet to figure out what the forums are about.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confuzledish wrote:
KDX wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Criticism is not a bad thing, it can be a valuable tool to improve oneself. That being said, this forum is filled with mentally stunted individuals who can only use vulgarity, threats, cheap put downs, and foul language to express themselves to anyone with even a slight disagreement with them (aka the extreme feminists).

Please reference these threats.

Also, extreme by your metric maybe, but frankly the metric of those who cling to biological determinism as an excuse for what are more and more being discovered to be societally enforced gender roles doesn't mean much to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: