welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-25-2013: Dudebro Tears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, she really wasn't kidding when she told Guy her bigwheel ran on dudebro tears.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xanthe's wheels may run on dudebro tears, but apparently so does tat's cintiq or whatever he uses to draw the comic, seeing as how he's been evoking them so deliberately and gleefully lately
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Seriously.
Don't go there.
Not a good idea.

Was unfamiliar with this concept. Thanks for the links. <3

I was familiar, but I'm looking forward to reading these links anyway because it's always been interesting to me.

First yoga though because holy shit I've officially procrastinated it for 50 minutes just dinking around on the forums.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
Black Kitty wrote:
Rothide wrote:
She's propaganda.

Protip: Everything is propaganda.

Even Marx says so.

Rothide wrote:
onsidering that the comic is stating that all dudebro's are wrong/ a problem that needs to be fixed/ the enemy, then no, having your " hero" profit from the "enemies" negative emotions isn't enough.

Xanthe isn't my hero. But thank you for clarifying that you have a personal desire or need for her to be demonized.

No if there was a reason to demonize her I'd find her interesting... Everyone comes out of the woodwork to just never think deeper about what the sisterhood does, and goes out of the way to defend dickish behavior she does ( except when I call out that she's perfect Marty stu, then she does have Dickish behavior) so to me xanthe and the sisterhood is boring.. I keep coming back for Lily, fushia, and the other characters

Last edited by Rothide on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet xanthe is the one you keep talking about
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Smooshie wrote:
Black Kitty wrote:
Rothide wrote:
She's propaganda.

Protip: Everything is propaganda.

Even Marx says so.

Rothide wrote:
onsidering that the comic is stating that all dudebro's are wrong/ a problem that needs to be fixed/ the enemy, then no, having your " hero" profit from the "enemies" negative emotions isn't enough.

Xanthe isn't my hero. But thank you for clarifying that you have a personal desire or need for her to be demonized.

No if there was a reason to demonize her I'd find her interesting... Everyone comes out of the woodwork to just never think deeper about what the sisterhood does, and goes out of the way to defend dickish behavior she does ( except when I call out that she's perfect, then she does have Dickish behavior) so to me xanthe and the sisterhood is boring.. I keep coming back for Lily, fushia, and the other characters

And if you're going to continue to whine about the feminism arc when Tat has handed out upraised middle finger after upraised middle finger to complaining about that subject matter, I kind of wish you wouldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:

He's always been a dudebro, man. Didn't you know?

I'm struck by how much Glossy has changed since then in appearance. She used to look like a toddler (hence the trike). Now she seems to have a body type more like Slick or Criminy's.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Alright then, she's a female Marty Stu

Or, she's a competent character who may or may not be somewhat flat but if she were male you wouldn't have this much of a problem with her so just stop because I do not have time for your internalized misogyny.

Rothide wrote:
I want a flaw... the character is one dimensional, but everyone else is okay with it because she's fighting for what you guys believe in.

OK, I just gotta say. For the record. I love Xanthe. Clearly, I mean, I have her as an icon and everything. I agree with the messages she's trying to send and I admire her. But I will not disagree with the statement that she isn't exactly a fully-faceted character! I have mentioned it SO MANY TIMES IT'S FUCKING RIDICULOUS. EVERY TIME SOMEONE'S MENTIONED HER LACK OF CHARACTER, I'VE MENTIONED HOW I AGREE. You cannot say that everyone else is okay with it because you are FAR from the only one who is complaining. If you just look around and pay attention you would notice that plenty of people agree.

I want to see some flaws too, I want to see her show a more personal side, going on about things she likes that aren't directly about justice, revolution or feminism. Nobody wants to see any of that more than me, don't even play. I don't have time for that.

Rothide wrote:

No if there was a reason to demonize her I'd find her interesting... Everyone comes out of the woodwork to just never think deeper about what the sisterhood does, and goes out of the way to defend dickish behavior she does ( except when I call out that she's perfect Marty stu, then she does have Dickish behavior) so to me xanthe and the sisterhood is boring.. I keep coming back for Lily, fushia, and the other characters

I gave you a legitimate reason to dislike her, and it's not enough for you. Ergo, you need more. You seem to want some kind of serious scandal, while you're missing all the little incongruities. Her "dickish" behavior, which you went out of your way to point out, is exactly the sort of thing you claim to want to see.

I am confused and I think you are even more confused. Sad

I love you.
Rothide

ShadowCell wrote:
yet xanthe is the one you keep talking about

I
As stated trying to make her less boring, keep being told to stop.
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

I'm struck by how much Glossy has changed since then in appearance. She used to look like a toddler (hence the trike). Now she seems to have a body type more like Slick or Criminy's.

Nah, man, she's just sitting down.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
Rothide wrote:

I gave you a legitimate reason to dislike her, and it's not enough for you. Ergo, you need more. You seem to want some kind of serious scandal, while you're missing all the little incongruities. Her "dickish" behavior, which you went out of your way to point out, is exactly the sort of thing you claim to want to see.

I am confused and I think you are even more confused. Sad

Do people see Luke and Han solo profiting from taking storm troopers armor as a character flaw, they are also profiting from someone's misfortune, so again, no.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Alright then, she's a female Marty Stu

Or, she's a competent character who may or may not be somewhat flat but if she were male you wouldn't have this much of a problem with her so just stop because I do not have time for your internalized misogyny.

Rothide wrote:
I want a flaw... the character is one dimensional, but everyone else is okay with it because she's fighting for what you guys believe in.

OK, I just gotta say. For the record. I love Xanthe. Clearly, I mean, I have her as an icon and everything. I agree with the messages she's trying to send and I admire her. But I will not disagree with the statement that she isn't exactly a fully-faceted character! I have mentioned it SO MANY TIMES IT'S FUCKING RIDICULOUS. EVERY TIME SOMEONE'S MENTIONED HER LACK OF CHARACTER, I'VE MENTIONED HOW I AGREE. You cannot say that everyone else is okay with it because you are FAR from the only one who is complaining. If you just look around and pay attention you would notice that plenty of people agree.

I want to see some flaws too, I want to see her show a more personal side, going on about things she likes that aren't directly about justice, revolution or feminism. Nobody wants to see any of that more than me, don't even play. I don't have time for that.

I'm all for more Xanthe character development! It would be fun to see the feminist brigade hanging out doing non anti-patriarchy activities every once in a while. Maybe a club picnic or move night or something, that can then end dramatically when the "feminist signal" is blasted into the sky! Feminists, assemble!!! (I've got superheroes on the brain. Must be watching too much Linkara...)
Smooshie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

Do people see Luke and Han solo profiting from taking storm troopers armor as a character flaw, they are also profiting from someone's misfortune, so again, no.

That is a sensible wartime practice, but then again, they're soldiers, so that's a drop in their already morally questionable bucket.

Do you wish more people agreed with you? Is that what this is all about? Because if that's your point here, that means every post you've made so far is little more than you expressing how upset you are that nobody agrees with you... which is pointless and really, really silly.

I love you.
joandark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
joandark wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

Nah, man, she's just sitting down.

Nah, man, like her arms are longer now, the facial features are a little more rigid and less baby-ish. All her proportions seem to lean more toward the adult now. I don't know, maybe it's the fact that her hair is styled differently, or her change in attire, or the fact that she now seems to be wearing prescription glasses instead of sunglasses, that's throwing me off. Either way, she seems more mature now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: