welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-25-2013: Dudebro Tears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
i would strongly hesitate to say that MRAs are actually interested in "gender equality"

Well yeah, ok the large majority of them are just anti-feminist.

I guess I should specify the minority that actally make a good point or two.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENOUGH!!!

WHAT'S NEXT? WHAT WILL BE WHEN THIS ARC END*?

Guy telling how opressed are the homos? A new character called Janiqua fighting racism? Pedro el inmigrante ilegal giving voice to the pain of the alien citizens???

WHAT ABOUT MY PAIN???? WHAT ABOUT THE PAIN OF THE WHITE MALE? NOBODY UNDERSTAND US!

I hate you all!

*In three or four years
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i mean the constant complaining around here about messages of equality and not pushing your societal expectations on others rains on my parade and ruins my forum experience, so hopefully Tat continues until all the people doing it quit coming around the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
ENOUGH!!!

WHAT'S NEXT? WHAT WILL BE WHEN THIS ARC END*?

Guy telling how opressed are the homos? A new character called Janiqua fighting racism? Pedro el inmigrante ilegal giving voice to the pain of the alien citizens???

WHAT ABOUT MY PAIN???? WHAT ABOUT THE PAIN OF THE WHITE MALE? NOBODY UNDERSTAND US!

I hate you all!

*In three or four years

Chill out, try to enjoy it. If not the comic then the discussions. They may get irrational at times but are mostly a great opportunity to expand your views about this topic in particular. It's obvious that Tat is reading this, so maybe he will stop when we run out of things to say.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of figured Arkhron was perhaps being sarcastic?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, don't assume that unless you've waded through the swamp formed by all the dudebro tears since last summer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's like i said before when i was told b-b-b-but men are just better at things like math it's just biology whatsamatter can't handle the truth about gender

we passed poe's law a while ago

satire is dead

(in this subforum)
Arkhron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Meh, don't assume that unless you've waded through the swamp formed by all the dudebro tears since last summer.

I have a canoe for that :D
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

I have a canoe for that Very Happy

Yeah, but do you have a paddle? You know what creek flows out of dudebro swamp, right?

------------------

Also: aw, hells; it looks like I missed another visit from Smilomaniac. I was looking forward to reading his well-considered and carefully presented elucidations almost as much as I'm looking forward to my next root-canal. :sigh:
Arkhron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I dont need it. I like to let it flow with the (slow) stream and it would be ok, taking care of being away of the "No offense but" waterfall.

My favorite place is Sentient Toaster Lake, I come back from time to time to enjoy the sun
Xanthë

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread got a visitation from an afficionado of Tom Hazlett and Rush Limbaugh bandying about the term “feminazi”. I really do hope they stick the flounce, but in case they can’t, when you next visit please be so good as to inform us:

* how many countries feminists have invaded or waged total war upon?
* how many civilians of varying racial, cultural, sexual, and other minority demographics feminists have rounded up and sent to extermination camps?
* how many war crimes, mass atrocities, genocides, and similar crimes against humanity feminists have committed?

I could go on in that vein for some time, but I thought I’d keep it as simple as possible for Smilodipshit to answer. Godwin’s law is in strict operation here it seems.

Kthxbai
Xanthë

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also,
Smilomaniac wrote:
I respect people, I have never seen any great difference between men or women, which I believe is the core of why I'm bisexual, of why I can date any person be it male, female or transvestite because it's a matter of mind and not preconceptions.

[Gender awareness consciousness raiser]
Presumably it’s because English isn’t your first language, but transvestite isn’t the word you’re looking for there. While some transgender people identify with a gender that isn’t one of the gender binary options, on the other hand being transgender doesn’t prevent someone from identifying as a man or woman.
Also, as a gender neuter pronoun, ‘it’ sucks as it is dehumanising; the singular they would be much better. The improved version of that sentence would read:

Quote:
I respect people, I have never seen any great difference between men or women, which I believe is the core of why I'm pansexual, of why I can date any person be they man, woman, or whether they’re transgender, because it's a matter of mind and not preconceptions.

Fixed that for you.
[/Gender awareness consciousness raiser]

Power to the oppressed. Stay strong! [*fistpump*]
[*starts patriarchy-smashing trike to zoom off to next engangement*]
LadySunami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smilomaniac wrote:
Fuck it, it's obvious that people here are concerned with what they want to read, not what I'm saying.

I can only say that I have not at any point lied in this thread and that you should reread everything I've said and watch past the resent I've shown to what I see as complete disregard to my points.

I can't see this days comic as anything but antagonizing, as a wedge that further drives between people, regardless of gender or conviction.
I've been reading this comic daily for over a decade and it pisses me off to see it veer off the road of equality and crash towards spite.

Have a nice day.

Whether you meant to or not Smilomaniac, you conflated fighting for gender equality with genocide the moment you used the term "feminazi." I'm going to agree with the previous posters and say that, no matter how cruel and unreasonable you find these females in your life to be, it is NEVER appropriate to refer to them as any sort of Nazi.

I'd like to think you didn't mean to make such a parallel, but the fact remains you did. If you wish to continue engaging with us in the future, I suggest you apologize for using the term and make a conscious effort to never imply people who express their views poorly (eg. are kinda assholes) and people who commit mass genocide are at all close to the same thing.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok, lets us all chill out, k? The air it's a bit dense, don't seem to you?
Men, all at once: "OooohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmIhaveapeniiiiiismmmmmmmmmm"
Women, use this one, has the Big-P seal of approval: "OooohhhhmmmmmIamnotacompletepersonthatswhyIneedtoobeyonewithpeniiiiiiismmmmmmm"

But yeah... Surely you have a better mantra, mmmm?
Xanthë

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to chill out, be my guest. I have a nice bath of liquid nitrogen at your disposal. Twisted Evil

At least Smilomaniac recognised (however clumsily they expressed it) that not everyone wants to fit into a simplistic, gender essentialist binary construct, so what’s your excuse with this men/women false dichotomy? Twisted Evil

(Further reading)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: