welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
...Whoever said that this topic was a bad one was clearly unable to anticipate the appliance sex posts.

Relevant to this comment.
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Minor thing I just noticed. How did Slick escape the Fembot's robot hug?
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Leohan wrote:
...Whoever said that this topic was a bad one was clearly unable to anticipate the appliance sex posts.

Relevant to this comment.

At first I was like "the fuck am I watching", then I realized it was a music video for Beck, and everything made sense.

Also, 45 pages of quality right here.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been brought up, but to the argument that the reality zone brings out/reveals things 'true form', and thus she must have been aware the whole time, but unable to act (all "I have no mouth and I must scream style), I have a counter-point:

I don't think the reality zone works that way, because-well, if the reality zone works 'consistently' and reveals the 'truth' or 'reality' of a character, then Crim is *worse* than Slick.

Because when Fuschia tried to enter the reality zone, she began to, well, *stop existing*. Which would mean she isn't 'real' at all. (Philosophical zombie?), if the reality zone works 'consistently' and reveals things 'true form'. She's even less real than the fembot, if the reality zone works that way!

'Course, I don't believe that. (That is to say: I do *not* think Fushcia is 'more fake' than the fembot, nor do I think she isn't 'real'). Rather, I think the reality zone works on the premise of 'Whatever the fuck Tats feels like it should do at this point in time'. It's like applied phlebtonium, but for a cartoon world. The un yog-soggoth, or whatever.

Again apologies if that's been brought up, I may have skipped it by accident during the toaster love bits.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
toaster love bits
sounds like a new--and very disturbing--breakfast cereal.
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, reality zone mechanics have been discussed but there hasn't been a total agreement. My position through it was that this was a really heavy metaphor about giving the relationship a real counterpart, as in, making it unexistant.

And if we are to go by the new mechanics of fembots, which really who would program them like that but whatever, she should be actually aware of it, but happy with the fact.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize, don't you, Leohan, that you just stated that a machine should be "happy?"
(As if that same machine being "aware" is a concept with which I'm utterly comfortable... Rolling Eyes )
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
You do realize, don't you, Leohan, that you just stated that a machine should be "happy?"
(As if that same machine being "aware" is a concept with which I'm utterly comfortable... Rolling Eyes )

Comfortable or not, it's what has been showed to be. Very advanced AI I suppose, but we have been shown already that they are capable of rebelling under the right conditions. That's awareness, without a doubt. If I was to expand, then I guess that the remote only stimulates the parts of the robot that make her want to do X or Y, like hormones for humans I suppose.

It gets a bit confusing when you see that the robot stays in place when Slick leaves. That could be a counterargument to say that, at this point of the comic, Tat had no plans to make the fembots so... Let's say advanced outside of the RZ.

Whether or not Slick knew either way is a whole other thing.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Rather, I think the reality zone works on the premise of 'Whatever the fuck Tats feels like it should do at this point in time'.

are you saying it's *gasp* just a comic???!!!!

which raises the question of what would happen if the comic was taken into the reality zone....

(also, i love your sig. ed was the best.)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Because when Fuschia tried to enter the reality zone, she began to, well, *stop existing*

Except that she didn't begin to stop existing. She began to crumble into what appeared to be ashes. We have no idea what the deal is there, I think someone mentioned that it's possibly because she's been alive for longer than a physical body could remain intact, though I don't think that's necessarily the case.

No one has mentioned the points you brought up though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Rather, I think the reality zone works on the premise of 'Whatever the fuck Tats feels like it should do at this point in time'.

are you saying it's *gasp* just a comic???!!!!

which raises the question of what would happen if the comic was taken into the reality zone....

(also, i love your sig. ed was the best.)

Pretty much! Though it does try to have some consistent themes.

And my only problem with your last statement is there are too many characters from Digger that are my favorite. Ed is my favorite. But so is boneclaw mother! And digger. And the statue of Ganesh. And... yeah pretty much all the characters in that were just awesome.

Miss Magenta wrote:

Except that she didn't begin to stop existing. She began to crumble into what appeared to be ashes. We have no idea what the deal is there, I think someone mentioned that it's possibly because she's been alive for longer than a physical body could remain intact, though I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Aaah, fair enough. I took the crumbling to mean she was ceasing to exist, since she was an unreal/mythological being (Devil Girl), and thus could not *exist* in the reality zone, as while Squig could turn into a non-talking pig, there was no real-analogue for a devil girl. So she started to undergo total existence failure.

(That's totally just my interpretation, though!)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:

And my only problem with your last statement is there are too many characters from Digger that are my favorite. Ed is my favorite. But so is boneclaw mother! And digger. And the statue of Ganesh. And... yeah pretty much all the characters in that were just awesome.

true, this.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Aaah, fair enough. I took the crumbling to mean she was ceasing to exist, since she was an unreal/mythological being (Devil Girl), and thus could not *exist* in the reality zone, as while Squig could turn into a non-talking pig, there was no real-analogue for a devil girl. So she started to undergo total existence failure.

But Seymour survived inside, complete with spherical head, no ears or nose, and his halo still jammed into the top of his shiny melon. I'm not sure that's something that could exist in the real world. Forkie, on the other hand, didn't dissolve. It just died, or almost died.

I haven't the foggiest idea how it works.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Felgraf wrote:

But Seymour survived inside, complete with spherical head, no ears or nose, and his halo still jammed into the top of his shiny melon. I'm not sure that's something that could exist in the real world. Forkie, on the other hand, didn't dissolve. It just died, or almost died.

I haven't the foggiest idea how it works.

Well, but Seymour is still a *person*, just.. oddly drawn. so it must work based onthe PLATONIC IDEA of the person and I am just completely making this up as I go now, actually.

I got no clue either.
-Ed, from Digger
Leohan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did mention before somewhere in here the tragedy with Fuchsia.

An anthropomorphic pig turns into an actual pig, a demon tome turns into a regular book, a flying pitchfork stops having sentience. Devil girls are plain incompatible with reality. No way to make it happen. She could probably have lived blissfully without the knowledge, but knowing that there's something more real out there and it's impossible for you to be a part of it is just so tragic.

That's my viewpoint at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: