welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1160
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if that is the case, which of course is still speculative, it makes you wonder if she got "poofed" by Jesus like she did before and ceased to be a "devil" girl if she could enter. But...to that Lil'E entered the zone while we know now he is the Devil's kid.

So to that, the problem is that the Reality Zone doesn't seem to function anything like we think it should. Just as said before, it's up to Tat for however the reality zone functions, and it may change, which may ALSO be a thing about it. The concept of reality is subjective.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheJabawack



Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 84
Location: Caught somewhere in time

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that the Reality zone works with the expectations of the characters.

Slick is still himself but taller.

Squigley turns into a normal pig because that is what he is.

Fuchsia still has problems with ther identity as a devil girl and her urges so she thinks herself to be damned, turning to ash.

Seymour knows that life is not black and white deep down so when he goes into the reality zone he sees shades of gray.

With other things like forky or the fembot it's a bit more complicated. It could be that there is some metaphisical part of them that defines how they should be in the reality zone.

I'm sure that I am way off base here, but it is fun ti speculate. Smile
_________________
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure;
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space;
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a kinda frequent topic of discussion right here. Do you think that if we open a thread called "Rules of the Reality Zone" it would last at least five pages before a feminism argument?
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1789
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't even last one page, lets be real.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arkhron



Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Reality Zone works has the Plato's cave. Outside the Zone, the characters and things are not real, just the shadows of real objects. When a character enters in the Real Zone, it becomes the object wich casted the shadow (Squig is a pig, Forkie a pitchfork and Malevolum a regular book)

About Fuchsia, the biggest objection to this theory, her case would mean she is the shadow cast by a shadow itself (the evil within us as a sentient being), so she starts to disappear (this may work well, I remember one time when Slick, or maybe Crim, runs away from Big D entering in the RZ... Ronald, I need your dig-in-the-archive-forum power here!)

With the drone bot that exploded because "too much reality" I don't think it exploded because he hasn't a sufficient ontological level of existence (no-piloted spy drones do exist in "our" reality) but exploded because it is programmed to record the shadows, no the objects themselves.

With the fembot... Well, she is designed to resemble a woman, act as a woman, obey as a woman (yep, Mr. D compass is f*cked out) but in the Zone she becomes a real woman, flips the finger to Slick and runs for her freedom. When she leaves the Zone becomes again a fembot, one with a technical problem.

Anyways, in this case my chips are with Leohan and the "giving the relationshipt a real counterpart", but if anyone wants to look for a better way to encase this event with the Plato's cave, yay for me ^^ (and I am remembering the "autopilot mode ON" panel while she runs, that blows my theory, help here too!)

About Lil'E, I think the key difference is that he is "born" that way, not boomfed or damned in any other way. Why is this a difference? I have no idea, help here, again?

The funniest think of the parallelism with the Plato's cave and the reality zone is that outside the cavern, in the "real" world of the allegory, are us, the "authentic" people and readers.

Or maybe us as forum personas, who knows.

Sorry for the grammar, not my native lenguage but still learning ^^
_________________
Be mellow

Be compassionate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
It wouldn't even last one page, lets be real.

...Yeah you are right. The question was a bit foolish.

Arkhron wrote:
Interesting thing and then:

Sorry for the grammar, not my native lenguage but still learning ^^

Native Spanish speaker here. Trust me your grammar could be far worse. And as for your argument, well I really like the Plato's cave analogy (Socrates proposed it btw, but like many other things in Socrates' thinking, it got attributed to Plato with time) and it could very well apply here, really. If you know the whole analogy you know Socrates said that our perception of reality is limited, and there's a higher plane to which we should stride for but are not quite prepared to understand as we are. That can work for the Reality Zone. Fuchsia and Big D have both shown that they are interested in what they see there, being also a place that they couldn't possibly fathom, as 'imaginary' creatures.

None of this does actually explain why Lil' E was allowed, though. At the end Aydon must be right. Still fun to speculate, though.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arkhron



Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, speculate the RZ feels like playing clue with a poker deck and a chessboard, and is so damn funny.

Spanish native here too, is a shame I can't write down my thoughts in my language. They would not be clearier but surely fancier XD
_________________
Be mellow

Be compassionate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
I think that Reality Zone works has the Plato's cave. Outside the Zone, the characters and things are not real, just the shadows of real objects. When a character enters in the Real Zone, it becomes the object wich casted the shadow (Squig is a pig, Forkie a pitchfork and Malevolum a regular book)

About Fuchsia, the biggest objection to this theory, her case would mean she is the shadow cast by a shadow itself (the evil within us as a sentient being), so she starts to disappear (this may work well, I remember one time when Slick, or maybe Crim, runs away from Big D entering in the RZ... Ronald, I need your dig-in-the-archive-forum power here!)

With the drone bot that exploded because "too much reality" I don't think it exploded because he hasn't a sufficient ontological level of existence (no-piloted spy drones do exist in "our" reality) but exploded because it is programmed to record the shadows, no the objects themselves.

With the fembot... Well, she is designed to resemble a woman, act as a woman, obey as a woman (yep, Mr. D compass is f*cked out) but in the Zone she becomes a real woman, flips the finger to Slick and runs for her freedom. When she leaves the Zone becomes again a fembot, one with a technical problem.

Anyways, in this case my chips are with Leohan and the "giving the relationshipt a real counterpart", but if anyone wants to look for a better way to encase this event with the Plato's cave, yay for me ^^ (and I am remembering the "autopilot mode ON" panel while she runs, that blows my theory, help here too!)

About Lil'E, I think the key difference is that he is "born" that way, not boomfed or damned in any other way. Why is this a difference? I have no idea, help here, again?

The funniest think of the parallelism with the Plato's cave and the reality zone is that outside the cavern, in the "real" world of the allegory, are us, the "authentic" people and readers.

Or maybe us as forum personas, who knows.

Sorry for the grammar, not my native lenguage but still learning ^^


On the flip side, one could argue that they *already* exist as ideas and ideal, and that the reality zone, as it represents 'our world', is infact the cave wall, onto which they are projected! And some, perhaps, can cast no shadows at all.

.. Again, don't necessarily believe this. I just enjoy toying with weird ideas. And because I'm probably a little crazy.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
Sure thing, speculate the RZ feels like playing clue with a poker deck and a chessboard, and is so damn funny.

Spanish native here too, is a shame I can't write down my thoughts in my language. They would not be clearier but surely fancier XD

You have most of your grammar right. Set your spellcheck to English, fix the mistakes it finds and you'll probably be able to pass as a native speaker.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:


Sorry for the grammar, not my native lenguage but still learning ^^


Yeah as someone who speaks english and *took* spanish classes, but never really learned it (no immersion to ultimately enforce it)

You're english is quite good. ... It is honestly probably better than some *native english speakers'* english.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJabawack



Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 84
Location: Caught somewhere in time

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
Sure thing, speculate the RZ feels like playing clue with a poker deck and a chessboard, and is so damn funny.

Spanish native here too, is a shame I can't write down my thoughts in my language. They would not be clearier but surely fancier XD


English is not my native language too (I am Italian), but sometimes I find that having to translate my words in another language helps me to make my thoughts clearer.

Now, I'm not saying that they are great thoughts. Razz
_________________
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure;
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space;
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group