welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-26: Misandry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's like all of my dreams are coming true before my very eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Pet Ideologies Reply with quote

I would like to see Confucius enter the Sinfest universe.
Psiwrite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it's so wonderful to see a comic, its author, its readership, and its forum all mature in such a bloody entertaining way
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
On another note...See, I said the word was misandry and not misanthropy. Wink

You fucking moron.

My hatred is for more than just men, my hatred knows no gender, race, color or creed for you are all at one point or another worthy of it.

The word, as applied to me, is misanthropy.

As in, "Jesus, that McDermott is a fucking misanthrope".

The fact that my misanthropy tends to be aimed at dudebros currently has no bearing on my boundless disgust for most of the rest of the human race.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
Ok, and we're done. Seriously, taking Sinfest off my favorites list. Tat wants to make fun of the legit offense guys take to being the "bad guy" all of the time, that's his business. His comic, his content, his feminazi brainwashed perspective. I can respect that. Now I'm going to go respect that, somewhere else, reading other webcomics that do not intentionally abuse the fans.

lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
Why make a post? Why not just unfavorite and leave? Why "make a scene?" How else is Tatsuya Ishida gonna know how a portion of his readers feel unless someone tells him. I don't pretend I'm leading some great big contingent of male readers who are gonna storm off and leave him with no audience. Not at all.

Who wants to bet that KDX will continue reading the comic without posting?

Also, Tat might respond to a decrease in forum activity much more than someone whining about women wanting to be treated as humans.
Miss Magenta wrote:
i have noticed plenty of people who have gotten into it because of the feminism.

Feminism was the entire reason I gave the comic another chance. I honestly found early Sinfest extremely boring.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm willing to bet he'll be back to posting within a month.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet it takes like 3 feminism strips.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahm... I come here (to the forum) to read KDX and others rants.

If they all leave, I am not coming back!

Be compassionate
Homeslice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet he's not leaving at all.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
and I'm done supporting an artist who makes fun of what is a serious problem in society

I wanna see some flippin' receipts, budro; just what "supporting" have you done for an artist who makes a point of being accountable to no-one and who backs it up by never asking for donations?

Oh, wait, you can't show me any 'cuz you've left in puff of butt-hurt drama-queening.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, this comic. THIS. COMIC. I can't describe how great it is.

Secondly:
Dogen wrote:
Sinfest forum, consider yourselves high-fived.
I'm down with the high-fives, but honestly? I could totally hug the entire bunch of you.
firezdog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: "Butt-sore" and "dude-bro" Reply with quote

This is one of my sore-points with the rhetoric. Think about the language you're using. Why is it OK when you're going after critics of feminism to say they've been "butt-hurt" and to call them "dude-bro"? The first term would have to allude to some kind of anal (probably homosexual) rape. What is the point of saying this? It's got to be a kind of emasculation -- it is in the neighborhood of calling these people "gay". Aside from being nasty in the just the same way that making fun of people by calling them "gay" is nasty, this also seems to rely on the sort of assumptions about proper masculine behavior that are part and parcel of the assumptions about proper feminine behavior feminism criticizes.

You might try to defend this by saying you're trying to tear down this sort of culture by using it's own standards against it -- but from my perspective, it's hard to say whether this is more going to tear down that culture or perpetuate it.

It's the same thing with calling people "dude" or "dudebro". It's the equivalent (albeit an ironic one) of calling a woman "chick". So one of the things I meant when I said, in my initial rant, that I dislike the rhetorical strategies of some feminists, is that I feel it's very much a quid pro quo sort of thing. "You people do this sort of thing to us all the time, so we're going to point it right back at you and see how you like it." I question whether this is the proper strategy to use in a social justice movement. It seems like there's a "returning harm for harm" undercurrent here, which is something I very strongly object to.

So the way I see it, calling people "dude" and calling people "chick" are on a par, along with implying that people are gay or else have been anally raped, and all of these are a part of a culture we want to get rid of. In short, as the cliche goes, if you use your enemyies' weapons against them, you become the very people you're fighting against.
Amon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
Ok, and we're done. Seriously, taking Sinfest off my favorites list...

lawls kbye

>>

<<

/relurks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: "Butt-sore" and "dude-bro" Reply with quote

firezdog wrote:
This is one of my sore-points with the rhetoric. Think about the language you're using. Why is it OK when you're going after critics of feminism to say they've been "butt-hurt" and to call them "dude-bro"? The first term would have to allude to some kind of anal (probably homosexual) rape. What is the point of saying this? It's got to be a kind of emasculation -- it is in the neighborhood of calling these people "gay". Aside from being nasty in the just the same way that making fun of people by calling them "gay" is nasty, this also seems to rely on the sort of assumptions about proper masculine behavior that are part and parcel of the assumptions about proper feminine behavior feminism criticizes.

You might try to defend this by saying you're trying to tear down this sort of culture by using it's own standards against it -- but from my perspective, it's hard to say whether this is more going to tear down that culture or perpetuate it.

It's the same thing with calling people "dude" or "dudebro". It's the equivalent (albeit an ironic one) of calling a woman "chick". So one of the things I meant when I said, in my initial rant, that I dislike the rhetorical strategies of some feminists, is that I feel it's very much a quid pro quo sort of thing. "You people do this sort of thing to us all the time, so we're going to point it right back at you and see how you like it." I question whether this is the proper strategy to use in a social justice movement. It seems like there's a "returning harm for harm" undercurrent here, which is something I very strongly object to.

So the way I see it, calling people "dude" and calling people "chick" are on a par, along with implying that people are gay or else have been anally raped, and all of these are a part of a culture we want to get rid of. In short, as the cliche goes, if you use your enemyies' weapons against them, you become the very people you're fighting against.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: