welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3-2-2013: Flipping Burgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2690
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We assume Curly is a she because all others in the sisterhood are but it's not confirmed.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khan



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial general point: if expect me to give a fuck about anything you say, do not put words into my mouth. Feel the need to present a satirically ridiculous mirror to something I say? Then do so.

...right, if you move enough mountains, you can find a 30 year old woman with so little life experience that she will let you brutally exploit her body, but as I stated, its really really easy to seduce a GIRL instead. If i was to take you 'age vs experience' view, i would be stuck defending kiddie porn. Cuz hey, msybe that 8 yo has EXPERIENCE! She can decide for herself if 10k is a fair price. I have 0 qualms about telling someone not to do something selfdestructive. Kinda why we have suicide help lines.

Correct me if i am wrong: people pay to watch ultra elite atheltes perform. Amirite? Explain how thats different from watching a girl get screwed by 20 guys in a row?? She has to be fit, or not many will pay to watch, she couldnt manage that much strenuous avtivity eithout being fit, and she is simply performing physical activity. Seriously, if you disagree, offer me a reason. Cuz thats pretty simple logic.i havent heard of 1 athelete that is not paid based on his scorecard, as you stated, well guess which pornstars make big bucks?? The ones with a REPUTATION. Same shit.

You are misunderstanding me; if you actually LOVE someone, not just lust after or obsess over them, you will not conciously do anything to harm them. Perhaps we define love differently? I see love as selflessly putting the needs, wants and advancement of something beyond your oen with no rewuiremrnt for repayment. By that stsndard, how can an abusive spouse mistreat thrir spouse and actually love them?

I am not criticizing the victim, I criticize the establishment that cares nothing for their suffering. They are not always women, or always young, but more than a plurality are very young girls. Exploitation falls under the heading of abuse, so yeah, where you hopping that will take you??

Would changing the age of consent eliminate exploitive/abusive porn? Nope, but it will minimize the unavoidable harm by forcing producers to get creative and work with older, wiser girls. As someone who is mistsken for being the 'older but inexperienced', i assure you we are not as vulnerable as you think.

If you disagree, why are pretty much all new pornstars so young, yet only if they are female? Erm, written via tablet... so awkward as fuck! I think i caught some of the bigger errors.

Edit: not trying to sound so militant/rude, but i find your arguments pretty offensive as i understand them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gibson22



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khan wrote:
Correct me if i am wrong: people pay to watch ultra elite atheltes perform. Amirite? Explain how thats different from watching a girl get screwed by 20 guys in a row??


If you can't tell the difference from porn and athletes...then you might be watching some intense wrestling matches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khan



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
khan wrote:
Correct me if i am wrong: people pay to watch ultra elite atheltes perform. Amirite? Explain how thats different from watching a girl get screwed by 20 guys in a row??


If you can't tell the difference from porn and athletes...then you might be watching some intense wrestling matches.


Are you familair with Greek wrestling? Even if not, just look at modern 'wrestlers'... these men are competing as heavyweight atheletes supposedly, yet have the bodyfat levels of a long distance runner?? I dont see wwe as any less exploitive. Heck, the majority of the male successful pornstars these days are hardly different looking.

Also? Some wwe atheletes do porn. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1843
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
I don't know if it was pointed out in other comics or not, but it seems the readers see this black character as a female. I was kind of hoping she/he was a male solely based on the fact that a male fighting against pornography would be kind of refreshing.


Her gender has never been established but it's easier to assume that she's female than to assume that she's not, since during the original appearance of The Sisterhood it was commented upon that it's an all-female conspiracy. That might have changed, or it could have been a rumor that is untrue, but it's not exactly something that Tat is really going to give us insight on so I'm pretty sure we're free to make our own assumptions and/or theories on the matter.

It's possible that she could be trans, either MTF or FTM, or possibly genderfluid or even agender or anything in between. Tat probably isn't going to clarify anytime soon, so really I think you can just go willy-nilly believing whatever you want regarding her gender. Like, I kind of like the idea of her being MTF, but like. Again. There's nothing in canon to really establish it either way so. Like. Whatever.

*floats away* I have contributed absolutely nothing of importance to this discussion and for that I apologize.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1160
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say...I laughed my ass off at this comic.

That is all. I'm not getting sucked into more debates. =P
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1182
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daily Mail wrote:
Typically, a woman in the industry starts her career at the age of 22 - a figure that has not changed over the past 40 years, he found, though the average starting age for their male counterparts has been getting progressively younger (from 29 to the current age 24).


That is the analysis of 10,000 pornographic actors from the Internet Adult Film Database. ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2280750/The-average-female-porn-star-A-California-born-brunette-size-34B-bra-named-Nikki.html )

So in fact, women are starting on average at the age of 22, not 18 - and male actor starting ages are declining to approximately equal.

khan wrote:
Edit: not trying to sound so militant/rude, but i find your arguments pretty offensive as i understand them.


I'm sorry if you found my reply offensive, as that was most certainly not my intention.

However, I find it offensive that equate my argument of "Age does not equal experience" to the defense of child pornography. A child's mind is still developing, a sexual assault is a traumatic experience that can and will scar them for life. Not to mention a child can never legally give consent. Let it be known from now on that I will only be referring to, and previously referred to, anyone over the age of legally adult - 18.

At the age of 18, you are legally an adult - you vote, you drive, if you commit a crime, you get adult time - why should anyone have a say in what you can do with your body? I was under the assumption that a big part of feminism is choice; choice with your body, your views and your decisions. There is a big difference between telling people they shouldn't be self-destructive, and forcing them to do so. This of course assuming that pornography is self-destructive, which isn't always the case; some actors enjoy the work and the pay.

Not to mention, what happens to the porn actors who would be forced out of the business? Chances are good they have little experience outside of the pornography business; being forced into prostitution seems likely. It would force them out of a legitimate business in which there are at least some standards and regulations, and into a criminal business in which there are none, and the threat of violence, death, drug abuse and rape is constant.

In my opinion, a much better strategy would be making sure that women have the same work options, and pay rates, as men, as well as equal access to education. Giving women in dire financial straits a choice besides prostitution or pornography would help exponentially, not just the young, but also giving older women stuck in the prostitution or pornography business a way out.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arkhron



Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... I remembered a humoristic photoplasty from cracked.com "If Banner Ads Were Forced To Be Truthful..." (http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2_if-banner-ads-were-forced-to-be-truthful..._p32#32)

I feel relevant to this thread because of the winner, the #1. If you dont want to see the other 31, just go http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2_if-banner-ads-were-forced-to-be-truthful..._p32#1

That is the sad reality behind porn explotation.
_________________
Be mellow

Be compassionate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smooshie



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 141
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
khan wrote:
Correct me if i am wrong: people pay to watch ultra elite atheltes perform. Amirite? Explain how thats different from watching a girl get screwed by 20 guys in a row??


If you can't tell the difference from porn and athletes...then you might be watching some intense wrestling matches.

I think the difference lies in semantics and not in form. I don't completely agree with his points, but it's true. Football's actually pretty exploitative, too: it has been likened to dogfighting because of the harm it causes to players' bodies. But people go into it because their whole life system has created a situation where this is a course of action that is on the table and brings in at least some money. Yikes. Granted, football doesn't promote the objectification of women (except in ads... and in jock culture...), but it does promote some degree of violence, which is bad for humanity in general and not just one sex.

All of that being said, I can't help but wonder what the defense of porn being different from athletics might be. You know, aside from the sex, because every sport is different. Not every sport requires physical contact or a ball, for example. Those are pretty big differences, and an outsider who's never seen sports before might consider two different sports to be entirely different things based solely upon their differences. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I'm interested. Razz
_________________
If at first you don't succeed [in persuading or explaining something to me], then try and try again.

I love you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BiQ



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Location: Northern Europe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think about "elite athletes", I think about people who have dedicated their life from around 12 years of age to get to the top of world at it. (This sometimes has very little to do with how fat their paychecks and sponsorship deals are.)

Still, I'm not sure if that makes sport more or less exploitative than porn, but sure as hell makes it more demanding. Sure, the porn star has to be in good physcal shape to be able to take 20 cocks in row but ... hey. Come on. Call me when it takes strictly defined dietary regime and doing physical exercises every day by coach-defined training regime like it was your day job ...which it actually is. I dare say comparing these two is a serious lapse in perspective.

Sports being that demanding, I think we can trust that no one "ends up in top sports" by misfortunes of life. Or stays there due to the lack of options when they have succeeded to get there.
...unless of course your misfortune is having overcompetitive-to-the-point-of-abusive parent.
The lack of other viable options in life I could understand for the disenfranchised ones. For the african kids playing soccer or running on track it might actually be true to a point.

EDIT: I'll have to also admit I'm don't view pro wrestling (the wwe stuff) as "sport" in same sense of word as basketball or football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smooshie



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 141
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't eat solid foods for a few days if you're going to do anal. That's just a rule of life. Plus, the industry requires constant blood tests and lots of time on set without food. Laughing
So is porn exploitative because it's less labor-intensive than an athletic sport and there's no specific training regimen or diet?

And what kind of porn are we talking about here? Amateur stuff, professional things, voluntary pay sites (like mygirlfund), or the kind of porn where a person thinks it's being recorded for someone's personal use yet ends up on the internet?
_________________
If at first you don't succeed [in persuading or explaining something to me], then try and try again.

I love you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firezdog



Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Location: Shan Dong, China

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Ishida. I think it's not only important in any debate (such as the one he depicts here) to first make sure we agree on definitions, but I also think figuring out what's relevant to the definition is interesting and worthwhile in itself. (This is true not the least because according to Marxist definitions of "exploitation", Devil Slick's objection is a non-starter, as all wage-labor is inherently exploitatative.)

People love to throw around terms like "exploitation", "objectification", "sexism", "freedom", "right", "equality", and so forth, and it's enough to show anything is good or bad to apply the relevant term, but perhaps we're not as clear what we mean by what we say.

Even more, abstracting and going up one level of discourse often helps to make a debate less acrimonious. The farther we get from discussing particulars, the less emotionally invested we are in the discussion -- and it's important not to be emotionally invested when there are deep disagreements.

So Squig has the right idea. (He's also my favorite character.) Long live Socrates!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alpha Aim



Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, it died down. Maybe there's something happening elsewhere..?

I hate my imagination sometimes. I just had to think about what Kcils could be watching...
Anywho, message received. Going back to my corner...
_________________
Back to my usual spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StateOfBedlam



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comic reminds me of this:

"Iíve done many different kinds of sex work. Iíve been a cam girl, a porn performer, a professional sub, and a performer at a peep show (similar to a stripper). Iíve also been working in retail and food service simultaneously.

I get so frustrated at how Iím treated at work. It really gets to me. I find myself involuntarily crying once I get into my car to drive home. I hate how dehumanizing it is. People donít acknowledge me as a person. They think Iím less than them because of my job. Maybe they donít actively think that, but thatís how they treat me. Oh, by the way, Iím talking about the food service job. [...]"

-littlemew, reddit post (via takingbackshannon)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redshirt26



Joined: 09 Jul 2012
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Rule 34 also applies to flipping hamburgers? Huh, who knew?
_________________
Its not the goal in life to walk into Heaven with a perfect face and body, but to show up worn out, battle-scarred sliding in head first going, "Damn! That was fun!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group