welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sinfest Random Image Post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 660, 661, 662  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
so I'm guessing mine isn't the only newer laptop whose trackpad routinely craps out forcing me to have to plug in a fucking mouse when I'm out traveling with it.

I don't do that. I'll only buy a laptop if it has a clit mouse, and if it has a touchpad too, I disable the motherfucker and lament both the space it takes up and the fact that it probably added 40 bucks to the price of the machine.

obligatory random image

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Finnegan wrote:
so I'm guessing mine isn't the only newer laptop whose trackpad routinely craps out forcing me to have to plug in a fucking mouse when I'm out traveling with it.

I don't do that. I'll only buy a laptop if it has a clit mouse, and if it has a touchpad too, I disable the motherfucker and lament both the space it takes up and the fact that it probably added 40 bucks to the price of the machine.

Have you ever had/extensively used a Mac laptop? I too used to hate all trackpads until I got my MacBook Pro for school. That said, there are still applications it falls short in, but if all the trackpads before had been like this one, then I don't think I would have ever developed the loathing I did.

Also, chocolate carmel corn, like assassinations, is serious business.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the Macbook Pro's touchpad, but not very extensively.

Partly I just like the pointing device to be accessible at the same time and place as the keyboard.

I'm not quite sure what this is. Homestuck? Boondocks? Peanuts?

I've only read the first act or so of Homestuck but I think that this is Homestuck

hm
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Homestuck, but way past Act 1.

I gave up on Homestuck a couple weeks ago, it's gotten too complicated for no other reason than to be complicated.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft, 5 boonbucks? Try reading El Goonish Shive, where the exposition is free and never ever ever ends.
The operative word is "try."
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to read Homestuck, really i did, but i don't think i was even able to get through Act 1.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no problem getting through El Goonish Shive but I couldn't get very far at all through Homestuck.

Like, I tapped out at the random life-size clown doll sitting on the sofa for no apparent reason. Now it's the only thing I remember. That and a really abysmal sounding equipping system.
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. Its for the newer generation.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still really like El Goonish Shive! Though yes, I wish there were jumping on points. The early art is so bad.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I actually really enjoy going back to the beginning of things like El Goonish Shive and Questionable Content (and of course, Sinfest) and watching the cartoonist grow in their art as well as their storytelling.

It's inspiring a lot of times. Like, I get to see them start off worse than I am now, then watch 'em steadily blow me out of the water. It makes me think if I work hard enough I could get there some day.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've probably read the entirety of El Goonish Shive about three times overall just from going back and looking at random old chapters.

Thinking back, I think I actually found it via someone's avatar.
Someone in this thread.
Someone who will remain nameless Rolling Eyes Wink
References to demonic ducks and crazy inventions that I had encountered irl suddenly made sense.

I stopped reading Homestuck around the part where things started getting really cool. It's not that I couldn't get into it, it's that I didn't have the time. Also, I lost my place in it and had some slight difficulty navigating the archives.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss kiss.
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
I love mouse nubs and am sad that they've fallen out of favor so much. Old laptop had one and I had to replace it 2 or 3 times because it was used so much it wore down.

A little late, but yeah track pads are crap. They contribute to why I refuse to use the quoting feature ('cept in rare cases) in php boards such as this one.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I've used the Macbook Pro's touchpad, but not very extensively.

Partly I just like the pointing device to be accessible at the same time and place as the keyboard.

Ok, I'm not trying to convert you, but I don't quite follow you here. the position of my right hand is different with a trackpad vs. mouse, but wither way I'm still left with only one hand on the keyboard.

Obligatory image:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CTrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGS lost me at around the beginning of that superhero arc. Really it lost me earlier than that, but I have a bad habit of needing to know how the story ends, which keeps me reading things long after I've stopped having fun. I don't know, the comic just stopped doing anything for me, like College Roomies From Hell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 660, 661, 662  Next
Page 619 of 662

Jump to: