welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 452, 453, 454  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo.... This thread is almost 6 years old.
CTrees

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I just need to STOP DYING CONSTANTLY, oh my god this game is hard and I have it set on easy. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, I need to read the instructions a bit closer.

No, that's pretty normal for awhile. Eventually you'll get tougher, but AD&D characters were very mortal.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just see it as turnbased combat and you'll be fine. Also, summons as meat shields are pretty aight, especially later when you need them.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:

They still make video games last I checked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Moustache wrote:
Just see it as turnbased combat and you'll be fine. Also, summons as meat shields are pretty aight, especially later when you need them.

Oh heck yeah on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... So, how do I use magic? I've got a mage/thief, but all she does is stab things. D&D I remember you have to have 'em learn the spells they want to use for the next day the night before or something but I don't know how to do that.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Okay... So, how do I use magic? I've got a mage/thief, but all she does is stab things. D&D I remember you have to have 'em learn the spells they want to use for the next day the night before or something but I don't know how to do that.

You have to go to the characters spell book and highlight the spells you want to have on hand, then rest up to learn for that day.

Thief is a great choice since stealth is crucial in the game. Since magic is limited, you'll wanna have your mages and what not chuck stones with slings so that way they aren't all up in combat getting spanked in their cloth clothing.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no release date for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android Sad

Unrelated, I was getting the urge to play EVE Online again. Usually it passes, because I realize that I'm just nostalgic for the feeling of playing, and actually playing is... well... I already deal with spreadsheets all day. It was stronger this time, though (I miss my Rifter...), so I figured, hey, I can just jump on the free trial! Go to download... Eighteen friggin' gigs!?! No, CCP, no.

I still miss flying a Rifter, though. It was like an X-Wing made in a scrapyard.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new 2D fighting game is being developed with character designs by Lauren Faust (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Powerpuff Girls, The Iron Giant, Super Best Friends Forever, etc.)!
Most of the mechanics, tweaking, and balancing had already been done and the WIP versions were being very well-received by the fighting game community at large, but a change of plans necessitated some new designs for the sprites and other assets.

It's not going to be Ponies, so if pitting technicolor cartoon horsies for little girls against each other in an all-out death match was not something that interested you, this one might have more appeal.
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Black Kitty wrote:

They still make video games last I checked Wink

I'm just impressed! If it were human, it would be learning to read, and might look something like this

Black Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it'd probably look a bit more like this.

Or maybe even this little badass.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, sorcers are much better than mages... 1 socerrers, 1 mage for utility and a fighter/paladin + cleric always worked for me. I think mages could also unlock stuff. The more magic the better really... You could add a thief or druid or something, depending on what your (romantic) preferences are.

Also, the Gnome and Bo are golden! It has soo much content its by far the best 300 hours in several replays there is.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Moustache wrote:
Also, sorcers are much better than mages... 1 socerrers, 1 mage for utility and a fighter/paladin + cleric always worked for me. I think mages could also unlock stuff. The more magic the better really... You could add a thief or druid or something, depending on what your (romantic) preferences are.

Also, the Gnome and Bo are golden! It has soo much content its by far the best 300 hours in several replays there is.

This is so, so true.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperate Gods, a real-time interactive online vidya borrd game. "Sort of a cross between Shoots and Ladders and Diablo," the creators said by way of description.
The system is flexible enough to establish house rules and all that, in fact it's basically a physics sim with board game assets, so really you could do whatever you wanted. And it's free, too.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Desperate Gods, a real-time interactive online vidya borrd game. "Sort of a cross between Shoots and Ladders and Diablo," the creators said by way of description.
The system is flexible enough to establish house rules and all that, in fact it's basically a physics sim with board game assets, so really you could do whatever you wanted. And it's free, too.
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 452, 453, 454  Next
Page 353 of 454

Jump to: