welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GOP and friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
by the way for anyone not in the know: the shriveled, amoral tumor known as 'scalia' continues to impress me with his vacuous contempt for decency. this week especially.

WTF Sam, I was ignorant, now Imma gonna have to go look shit up . . . I think I'll take a tums pre-emptively.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I gotta ssume you mean this bit right here:

Antonin 'scumbag' Scalia wrote:
"[T]he States enacted numerous laws restricting the immigration of certain classes of aliens, including convicted criminals, indigents, persons with contagious diseases, and (in Southern States) freed blacks."

Initially i wrote 'cumbag' . . . which seems more appropriate. He's like a chud baby incarnate. It's not that I can't believe people like him exist, it's that he's a FUCKING SUPREME COURT JUSTICE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm figuring what got sam going this time was his comments on the challenge to the voting rights act:
Quote:
Justice Antonin Scalia said the law, once a civil rights landmark, now amounted to a “perpetuation of racial entitlement.”

scalia is exhibit one on why the supreme court should not be a lifetime appointment.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, if you ain't makin' babies, there's no point to getting married:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/argument-against-gay-marriage-california-hinges-accidental-pregnancies-095158941--election.html
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, it's like some sort of bizzare pathology. They cannot. Stop. Talking about it.

Is this catching, or something?

CA GOPer: Pregnancy From Rape Rare Because Body Is ‘Traumatized’

Igor Bobic 1:01 PM EST, Saturday March 2, 2013
Quote:
In criticizing controversial comments made by former Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin, a California GOP leader ceded Friday that pregnancies by rape are rare "because it's an act of violence, because the body is traumatized."

"That was an insensitive remark," Celeste Greig told the Bay Area News Group. "I'm sure he regretted it. He should have come back and apologized."

Greig is president of the conservative California Republican Assembly, a GOP volunteer organization that Ronald Reagan coincidentally once called "the conscience of the Republican Party."

However, in shades of Akin, Greig then added: "Granted, the percentage of pregnancies due to rape is small because it's an act of violence, because the body is traumatized. I don't know what percentage of pregnancies are due to the violence of rape. Because of the trauma the body goes through, I don't know what percentage of pregnancy results from the act."

Rep. Todd Akin's campaign against Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) imploded last year after he justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin said in August. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ca-goper-pregnancy-from-rape-rare-because-body

It's like they almost cannot comprehend what our issue with statements like this is.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how she can both say she doesn't know what percentage of rapes result in pregnancy, but can also say that percentage is small.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These older GOPers are one of the very best arguments in favor of comprehensive sex education in schools.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the link to the article about this in the interesting link dump, but this made me think of "those old GOP'ers":

Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOPers have some really weird fascination with illogical truths about rape and women's biology.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
GOPers have some really weird fascination with illogical truths about rape and women's biology.

Apparently, they seem to think uteruses (uterii?) are equipped with chaff-deploying anti-attack countermeasures, or something.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Apparently, they seem to think uteruses (uterii?) are equipped with chaff-deploying anti-attack countermeasures, or something.

I want to write about an alien species with uterus countermeasures.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe these goppers are just being very open minded with their use of the word "female".
For all we know earth-females may be the only ones without this kind of equipment
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goppers are aliens. You read it here first folks.
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

They're called ducks. Seriously, look at the escalating genital warfare between ducks, it's crazy.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

They're called ducks. Seriously, look at the escalating genital warfare between ducks, it's crazy.

The phrase "genital warfare" also makes me think of things like.. I don't know. Ballistic dicks or something.
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26

Jump to: