welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dudebro Honor Role
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Dudebro Honor Role Reply with quote

So here's the inspiration
Sam wrote:
Hey can you guys do me a favor

I mean I know these MISANDRY!!1 types are legion and the forum has a long history of really incredibly stupid shitty types crawling out of the woodwork, but I've only seen the last two fantastic examples.

Can you guys like dredge up a list of the worst crazies this forum has drawn in over the subject of the comic and the worst things they said? I mean, there was that one white supremacist who said that women are obligated to provide sex. There has to be more.

To which the first reply was:

ShadowCell wrote:
off the top of my head...

-Estranged, a fellow from Bulgaria if i recall correctly, who towed the line that objectification of women is simply unstoppable because the male sex drive is an irresistible force of nature that must simply be accommodated, and therefore when feminists ask people not to treat women like sex objects, they are essentially asking people to stop eating

-Ashland, who liked to whine about how mean we are and thought that because his girlfriend had a degree in psychology that made him competent to criticize psychological research methodology, and also once claimed that feminism had nothing to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s

-KDX, who thought that women should give up sex on command because "the relationship" is more important than the people in it and if i really understood love i would understand that love is more important than the people i love

-crayven, who, among other things, claimed that the income gap does not exist

-EmptyOnion, who, among other things, claimed that harmful social beauty ideals originate with women and girls who buy fashion magazines, thereby making them the source of their own problems

To which I add:
Gibson22, Hydra, and Wheel - Amongst other things, trying to make victims of a victim blaming crowd and being staunch defenders of victim blaming, while at the same time not getting it at all.

I have a feeling this thread is sadly going to be popular.

Last edited by Darqcyde on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget the7thcircuit and his fascinating view of history, nor Ibian's stunning blend or sexism, racism, and fascism.

...on second thought, maybe they're best left forgotten, after all.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nono - we need quotes! or at least summaries, a la shadowcell.

really, this might be the most entertaining thread of all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that someone hasn't said "You spelled roll wrong!" (which BTW It didn't--it's punny!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
nono - we need quotes! or at least summaries, a la shadowcell.

Well, then...

Here's a tidbit I don't recall being mentioned in the histories of XIVth thru XVIth Century Europe I've read, nor in the histories of the American Colonial Period I'm familiar with:
the7thcircuit wrote:
btw, Just for the record witch trials didn't just burn women, and weren't done TO 'pagans' despite popular opinion, "witch trials" were ACTUALLY done mostly BY PAGANS TO CHRISTIANS studying/meeting together discussing the book of revelation, look up "John Todd" insider occultist turned Christian for even more 'inside info' on the same subject
As I recall, Ol' 7's misogynistic views were about what one could expect from such a shameless revisionist, and just as poorly supported with similar "facts" to the one above, concocted out of swamp gas and whiskey fumes.

And, then, there's...
Ibian wrote:
Bitch could have put out.

This is a real thing, by the way. Men with the ability to do so are leaving the west in increasing numbers, in many cases for good.

Ibian wrote:
Given that whites are more productive (Racism!) and blacks and hispanics are more criminal (Racism!), yes the white part is what is worth focusing on. And it is shrinking for the same reason that the European one is.

Ibian wrote:
Oil's runnin' out yo. It's important. Important enough to tear other countries down over, except you don't have the money to keep doing that for much longer. Interesting times ahead.
...not to mention Ibian's claim to be some sort of archeologist, apparently based on the idea that his father was an archeologist specializing in Scandavian and colonial Viking settlements. Oh, and the fact that he openly lamented the "watering-down" of his prized title of "troll." Dude was a rare breath of truly foul stench. Truly.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a prize for them:

bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between my laptop's screen resolution and my lousy eyes, I can't quite make that out. What is it? The International Order of the Dung Heap?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS dudebro. It's grabbed from here:
Quote:
Essentially a self-aware focus test group character, Dudebro was designed to mock the concept of “male power fantasy” currently dictating the appearance of many videogame protagonists. He’s the “dude every bro wants to be” taken to the extreme; the very personification of the perception of “badass” in the action/shooting genre, filled with testosterone and covered in body hair.

bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I may go shave.

That's great, Darq! Laughing
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged and Ashland. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. That's all.
Smooshie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said some pretty dumb stuff, but these things take the cake Laughing
People who think like these guys exist in droves, too. Is it the semi-intelligent prejudiced bullshitters or the unintelligent prejudiced "sheep" that pose a greater threat to progressive movements like feminism? Laughing

I love you.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone says something dumb so now and then. I know I have. But I think it's being aware that you can say dumb things that helps. These guys are just so convinced they can do no wrong and it all runs down the drain.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i was going to do this

but hey, this works

i mean, congratulations to these spineless worms who knuckledragged themselves to the computer-machines long enough to type out this crap. may you forever be immortalized in this list of reprobate churn.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't it be the dudebro dishonor role? I mean an honor role implies commendable behavior.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like being honored as a shit, that's kinda weird. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: