Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mar 7 2013 -- Victim Blaming 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Mar 7 2013 -- Victim Blaming 2 Reply with quote

Harsh. But, Slicky, y' had it comin', bro.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread should be super fun too!
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mar 7 2013 -- Victim Blaming 2 Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Harsh. But, Slicky, y' had it comin', bro.

Arguable. And it will be argued, that is certain.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Slick still a virgin? for 600, Alex Wink
Rothide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick, avoid the woman like the plague, nothing you say, weather your trying to be nice or a nice guy will work anymore. Stay away from Monique and the sisterhood, and just leave whenever they show up. It won't stop the insults or the anger, but it will make life so much smoother.

Sometimes giving up and staying away is the best way to keep yourself out of crap. I mean I realize that the Sisterhood will be there to just let you know how wrong you are, but at least it will only be for a few seconds. And if they follow you, run, if they keep following you, keep running till you get to the sanctity of your own home.

I await the "oh just avoid the issue instead of changing". Might be true, but I think Slick would be miserable if he tried being the Sisterhood's and Monique's brand of feminism.

Last edited by Rothide on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
joandark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, Monique can turn invisible! That, or she's The Flash. Either way, she's officially crossed the line between empowered and superpowered.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Slick, avoid the woman like the plague, nothing you say, weather your trying to be nice or a nice guy will work anymore. Stay away from Monique and the sisterhood, and just leave whenever they show up. It won't stop the insults or the anger, but it will make life so much smoother.

Sometimes giving up and staying away is the best way to keep yourself out of crap. I mean I realize that the Sisterhood will be there to just let you know how wrong you are, but at least it will only be for a few seconds. And if they follow you, run, if they keep following you, keep running till you get to the sanctity of your own home.

I await the "oh just avoid the issue instead of changing". Might be true, but I think Slick would be miserable if he tried being the Sisterhood's and Monique's brand of feminism.

Slick and 'Nique are friends, Rothide. They can disagree on this issue without discarding their friendship entirely.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

And this, dear forum, is told by Mr. Forty-pages-of-sentient-madness-Rothide. This is so ironic that isn't even fun...

But I concur with him, at one point: It would be better for slick to leave the company of Monique and the sisterhood, and limit himself to look and listen and, eventually, understand and learn.

Of course, for batmanesque narrative necessity this isn't going to happen. A shame, I still like slick...

Be compassionate
Reader1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if he's really that much of a dudebro or if he just keeps his foot in his mouth 24/7... its starting to look like both. really want to know where tat is gonna end up with all this. as he continues fleshing out this part of slick's character he makes him more of a dudebro with each installment. i'm not saying slick has to be perfect but its been a while since we've seen the "nice" side of him. on the forums he's slowly becoming the guy everyone loves to hate as opposed to what he used to be, the underdog you rooted for even though you knew he would fail spectacularly.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reader1 wrote:
not sure if he's really that much of a dudebro or if he just keeps his foot in his mouth 24/7... its starting to look like both. really want to know where tat is gonna end up with all this. as he continues fleshing out this part of slick's character he makes him more of a dudebro with each installment. i'm not saying slick has to be perfect but its been a while since we've seen the "nice" side of him. on the forums he's slowly becoming the guy everyone loves to hate as opposed to what he used to be, the underdog you rooted for even though you knew he would fail spectacularly.

Don't project your impressions of the character on others.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Reader1 wrote:

read: don't share your opinion
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
this thread should be super fun too!

Excuse me, I'm off to find a ditch and some laundry before this thread explodes. Or implodes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call Slick a dudebro at this point.

He's just a guy that attempts to be good but is betrayed by his own ignorance and, occasionally, by his devil self.

May be my perspective only, and I really wanna cheer for the dude so I'm kinda biased, but for me he represents the struggle between good and evil. Having belonged to a path and attempting to change, but facing temptations and frustration in the way. That's what the struggle is all about: It's not the easiest path, but one that's worth walking.

On the other hand I might be romanticizing the character a lot. Could be either.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reader1 wrote:

Yeah, but remember that Slick started out as an annoying, self-proclaimed pimp who sold his soul because--to quote him exactly--"What the hell." He's come quite a long ways, and he's still got a long, rocky road to walk.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reader1 wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Reader1 wrote:

read: don't share your opinion

More about phrasing.

Slick has always annoyed me. I have never rooted for him. He's kind of a douche.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: