welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1088, 1089, 1090 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well here you go:
Quote:
Parental Information for Department of Health and Human Services Funding
Students wanting to apply for Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) funding (loan
and scholarship) must include parental data on the FAFSA even though they meet the criteria of
being an independent student.* This is a federal program requirement.

The school applies for me, apparently, but only if I submit the data.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
+ So I got into a psychiatric doctorate program. That's cool.

Serious kudos, guy!
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The program has an unwieldy title - psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP). It's basically a baby psychiatrist (except I'll have training in psychotherapy and use it, where most MD psychiatrists these days are just medication managers). Everyone at work is like, "Why aren't you freaking out!?" and I'm like, "I don't have time for that shit. Have you seen this list of things I have to do before the summer?"

So far I bought myself a $14 beer to celebrate, and drank it while studying for an exam.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have i congratulated you for getting into the program? if not, congratulations for getting in the program!

in other news.

0 my boss is out of town for a meeting, which should be a + because it means i have time to actually get things done. except

- the plane is apparently held up on the runway, giving him time to think, so he keeps emailing me with new ideas for analyses

--- that he wants to present in a talk tomorrow, so they need to be done today

++ it's in an area in which we have been doing a lot of work, so i have databases already made up. so i can get the numbers pretty quickly.

-- the plane is on the runway in san francisco. he still has the flight to boston. on which he has nothing much to do but think.

STOP GETTING IDEAS, BOSS.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bunch of awesome extra shifts next week that will pad my paycheck next month. This rarely happens these days, and it's going to help me get ahead for the first time in a couple years. Wooh!

Downside is I likely sprained my foot, and as my job involves a lot of walking, this is fail.

Upside is that the shifts are short, and the job involves pushing book trucks - which is kind of like using a walker anyway. Also, my workmates way supportive when medical things happen, so they'll totally understand if I have to change how I do things.

I guess another plus is that this was very likely from tromping through the woods helping someone find their lost cat - so it was total heroic altruism.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come to the realization that all of the things that I want(that I don't already have, at least to an acceptable extent) are impossible for anyone to attain.
I'm not sure whether this is a bad thing or a good thing.
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Dogen!
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! And mouse, too!
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- dying/dead server
---- that has all the data and programs i need to actually do anything
+++ 4 GB thumbdrives!

--- it still takes a really long drive to move about a terabyte worth of stuff.

+ at least i don't need to transfer all of it.

+ and i have an excuse for not getting stuff done.
Pint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

----- I have Arthritis in my lower back.
+ Figured out that the pain is not all in my head.
---- Still have more tests to be run to see whats going on with my neck injury.
+ Medication is good. Esp when mixed with alcohol.

Le Sigh. Physical therapy in the future!
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+/- Been looking for some time now at internships, haven't found any that fit my schedule or compensate for loss of work with pay. I need them to either pay me, or work around my work and school for obvious reasons of already living basically pay check to paycheck.

Classmate comes in yesterday and says he got a second call back for an internship that is paying 45k/year, with promise of a job if expectations are met. "It was the first place I applied too."
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Thanks. The program has an unwieldy title - psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP). It's basically a baby psychiatrist (except I'll have training in psychotherapy and use it, where most MD psychiatrists these days are just medication managers). Everyone at work is like, "Why aren't you freaking out!?" and I'm like, "I don't have time for that shit. Have you seen this list of things I have to do before the summer?"

So far I bought myself a $14 beer to celebrate, and drank it while studying for an exam.

Congratulations!!! Wow! You and my husband will have much to discuss. He's a psych RN.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Have I met your husband before? I get meetings confused. I know I hung out with you when everyone went to Chicago, but I don't know if you were married then, or if he was there, or what.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they were even dating yet. But hey, you'll meet him soon!

+ Things are moving along to become a volunteer
- Shots. Blech. Including TB testing. Which I have to go in four times total for (1 down, 3 to go!)
+ I live really close to the hospital
- I'm in the same boat as Dogen concerning immunization records. I'm not even sure where to get them from and I don't think they'd be faxed in timed.
+/- If I can't find them, they'll just give me the measles/mumps/whatever the hell else shot again.

eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Thanks. Have I met your husband before? I get meetings confused. I know I hung out with you when everyone went to Chicago, but I don't know if you were married then, or if he was there, or what.

You haven't met him. Like Patty said, we weren't even dating yet. I can't even place what year that Chicago Con was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1088, 1089, 1090 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next
Page 1089 of 1133

Jump to: