welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/9/13 Victim Blaming 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of using pureed bananas as ice cream substitutes, it sounds like a good idea. In the past I've been much too lazy and impatient, I just dipped it in hot fudge as is.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see nothing wrong with dipping bananas in hot fudge sauce. or strawberries. or bacon.

DON'T JUDGE ME I HAD IT AT THE FAIR.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is valid at the fair. I'm a fan of cheese curds. They sound and look awful and mostly they taste like the best kind of dying. Bonus points if they come with a dubious looking sauce.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheese curds & gravy on fries = classic poutine. I wouldn't know how it is, though, as I've only eaten the knockoff version that uses shredded cheese instead of the actual curds.
stripeypants wrote:
Have you ever had a lava cake? Seems like a deep fried candy bar would be like that.

I keep meaning to try a lava cake, but have yet to get around to it. Looks yummay, though.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, aren't you Canadian!?! Shame on you, never having proper poutine. Tsktsk.

It's quite good by the way, I had it on that trip to Winnipeg you were gunna meet me on, and never did. =P
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Cheese curds & gravy on fries = classic poutine. I wouldn't know how it is, though, as I've only eaten the knockoff version that uses shredded cheese instead of the actual curds.
stripeypants wrote:
Have you ever had a lava cake? Seems like a deep fried candy bar would be like that.

I keep meaning to try a lava cake, but have yet to get around to it. Looks yummay, though.

Haven't had poutine, but fried cheese curds is good! SonethingI discovered while trying to be vegetarian and failing due to bacon is fried cheddar. Take some cheddar, cook it up in a pan (cast iron is best.). Let it get all crispy. It'll probably seem like it is stuck to the pan and then you'll have to be mad at me for making you do extra dishes. But when it cools a bit, it'll come right off - and then you'll have a delicious lacy crunchy fried piece of goodness. It doesn't require any oil because of the fat in the cheese, so if you were going to eat cheese anyway, it won't be any worse for you. In fact, you can abandon the leftover cheese fat altogether - or fry bread and eggs and onions in it instead.

Lava cake is good! It's got a good mix of crunchy outside, moist cake middle, and delicious pudding/sauce in the middle. It's ridiculous.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on the subject of foods that perhaps shouldn't be, has anyone ever tried The Golden Happiness Cheesy Crown Pizza? There is a picture of it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141233/Pizza-Huts-strangest-topping-combos-world.html

I was reading up awhile back about how pizza is marketed in other countries. In some places it's common to just arrange burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and other American (Or just generally western?) foods all together in the same dish. This is in much the same way that we'll throw vastly different Asian cuisines together.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pizza toppings sound...good? As for this:
stripeypants wrote:
Take some cheddar, cook it up in a pan (cast iron is best.). Let it get all crispy. It'll probably seem like it is stuck to the pan and then you'll have to be mad at me for making you do extra dishes. But when it cools a bit, it'll come right off - and then you'll have a delicious lacy crunchy fried piece of goodness. It doesn't require any oil because of the fat in the cheese, so if you were going to eat cheese anyway, it won't be any worse for you. In fact, you can abandon the leftover cheese fat altogether - or fry bread and eggs and onions in it instead.
THAT sounds good!!

Samsally wrote:

It's quite good by the way, I had it on that trip to Winnipeg you were gunna meet me on, and never did. =P
Aw, I know. Double shame on me. Embarassed OK, next time you're here, I promise to meet you & we can find some REAL poutine.
Tekii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Samsally wrote:

Aw, I know. Double shame on me. Embarassed OK, next time you're here, I promise to meet you & we can find some REAL poutine.

GBF on Henderson has really good poutine >>
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! It's a deal.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:

Haven't had poutine, but fried cheese curds is good! SonethingI discovered while trying to be vegetarian and failing due to bacon is fried cheddar. Take some cheddar, cook it up in a pan (cast iron is best.). Let it get all crispy. It'll probably seem like it is stuck to the pan and then you'll have to be mad at me for making you do extra dishes. But when it cools a bit, it'll come right off - and then you'll have a delicious lacy crunchy fried piece of goodness. It doesn't require any oil because of the fat in the cheese, so if you were going to eat cheese anyway, it won't be any worse for you. In fact, you can abandon the leftover cheese fat altogether - or fry bread and eggs and onions in it instead.

oh man - that reminds me of howard tayler's chupaqueso - it's basically a quesadilla, except instead of a tortilla, you make a sort of fried cheese pancake. which you then stuff with cheese.

it's really quite tasty.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I haven't added other cheese on the crispy fried cheese, but I have made curled up cheese tubes and taco shapes. It's a fun way to present it, though I'm not good at getting a consistent shape with the cheese,

What I usually do with the fried cheese is to put some plain full fat yogurt on top with diced tomatoes, baco bits and some broken tortilla chips if we have any. It's like a taco but different proportions of ingredients, and you don't have to worry about it breaking and making a mess of your hand.

The fried cheese is also great for adding crunch to a burger, or for putting an egg on top of.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you invented a machine that would turn your fried cheese into a perfect taco shell you could make millions here in the US. Some sort of press in the shape of a taco where all you have to do is sprinkle in the cheese and close the machine.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be small, but I think this fortune cookie maker would work.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-FPSBFCM40-Fortune-Cookie-Maker/dp/B007K98IWQ

You'd just hae to stop folding it before it took on a fortune cookie shape - though a fortune cookie made of cheese has other possibilities.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the record show: I really like the direction this thread has taken. It pleases me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: