welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GOP and friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not far off

Possibly NSFW
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:
GOPers have some really weird fascination with illogical truths about rape and women's biology.

Apparently, they seem to think uteruses (uterii?) are equipped with chaff-deploying anti-attack countermeasures, or something.

I want to write about an alien species with uterus countermeasures.

The GOP already has
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain why the GOP has so much trouble with women... Just more aliens trying to take our jobs.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have like trauma dead baby scar tissue all over when they use contraception ewwww
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchor babies are literally anchors tied to fucking spaceships.

mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are fucking spaceships rapists? are the aliens asking our consent before they assault us with their fucking spaceships? or are they just knocking us out with their anchor babies, and having their way with us?

no wonder the republicans are so afraid.

BE AFRAID OF THE FUCKING ALIEN SPACESHIPS

we should probably get dick cheney on that.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minutemen: Space Edition. Wherein patriots fire into the sky all day to chase off the fucking aliens.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link says it all: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gop-senator-reverses-gay-marriage-stance-son-comes-065826488--politics.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Link says it all: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gop-senator-reverses-gay-marriage-stance-son-comes-065826488--politics.html

Is this a bad thing? It would have been worse if the senator had disowned the son or something.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At best, I'm cynical.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the story. I read it on CNN yesterday, and I thought it was cool... and it typifies what research has been telling us: people with personal experience with a gay friend or family member are more likely to support gay marriage. Because, holy shit, gay people are just like the rest of us and allowing them to pursue emotional fulfillment ain't so bad after all.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was pointed out in the news today that although his son came out 2 years ago, portman didn't announce his change of heart until after the election. but i can understand that - no matter how much you love your kid, it has to take some time to work through all the ideas you held in the past. and the tea party would have gone after him with flame throwers - i can see wanting to avoid that.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would have liked to see it handled differently - sooner, more vocally, etc - but this still looks like progress to me.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it is progress, slow though it is.

i just wish politicians had more contact with other sorts of people. somehow i doubt any of them is suddenly going to have a poor pregnant woman with no access to health care turn up in the family. they need to learn that those people aren't stereotypes either.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Portman has already been spun into a "fell-off-the-wagon-and-right-under-the-bus" cast away (or soon to be?) by the core GOP:

http://news.yahoo.com/john-boehner-cant-imagine-gay-marriage-views-shifting-224008987--abc-news-politics.html
Quote:
Hours after Ohio Republican Sen. Rob Portman bucked his party and came out in support of gay marriage, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, reaffirmed his position against it in a wide-ranging exclusive interview with ABC News' Martha Raddatz for "This Week," that will air on Sunday.

Boehner told Raddatz that he could not envision a situation where his views would shift on same-sex marriage - even if one of his children came out as gay.

"Rob's a great friend and a long-time ally. And I appreciate that he's decided to change his views on this," Boehner said. "I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman…It's- it's what I grew up with. It's what I believe. It's what my church teaches me. And I can't imagine that position would ever change."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27

Jump to: