welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

14 Mar 2013 - Who Are You?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I don't think they're diffrent enough to be considered characters. The new Li'l E is probably happier, and making the world a better place.

As I've commented multiple times on my tumblr, this isn't the "new" Li'l E - it's the OLD Li'l E. He's exactly the same character he was when he was initially introduced.

It's a reboot of his personality, going back to being the character he was introduced as and expanding upon who he was. Not a completely new personality.

Leohan wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Tat's college run of Sinfest, he was in highschool when Slick was in college.

WHAT?

WHERE IS THIS FROM AND HOW COME I MISSED IT?

In volume one of the published Sinfest books, there's a bonus section that includes the strips that Tat did for college. They're not on the actual site though.

Ronald wrote:
Maybe the Lethe water erased a set number of years' worth of memories and "Lily" is Li'l E's younger self. That might explain why he can nevertheless remember instances from Li'l E's childhood (i.e. the birthday cake incident and such).

Uhh... no... I don't think that's the case at all. Like, there's not really any proof that he consciously remembers those instances. Just that (subconsciously?) things that could remind him of them tend to make him upset. He doesn't really seem to acknowledge any of those instances as actually having happened to him.

Maybe getting lethe'd results in him acting way younger than he actually is but I'm pretty sure he's still physically the same age he was before. Otherwise Slick would have become less physically mature than he did that one time he completely jumped into the lethe. Like, his entire body immersed in it's waters. But he immediately walked into the reality zone and was still at least physically an adult. Li'l E only got his face wet. Of course, it's possible that walking in and out of the reality zone like Slick did would restore his memories, but... again, he'd still probably remain the same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked amazon . com to see the college Sinfest strips in the cited volume, but I can't tell if it's allowing me to view all of the college strips or only some of them (amazon never lets you read the entire book, of course). Anyone know if any of said strips depict "Skid," the girl with whom Slick, per a strip I was able to view, had an "anniversary"? Thanks.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the strips depicted Skids, no. She was just sort of mentioned and that was really it.

Well, actually, I haven't read any of the OTHER published volumes so maybe he DID make a strip that showed her in any other theoretical bonus sections, but if so then it's not in volume one so I... I guess I don't know for certain.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 14 Mar 2013 - Who Are You? Reply with quote

For those who haven't come across it before:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3720

Although there's no consensus that this is in fact The Secret Origin of Seymour, that he was created out of nothingness pretty much exactly as he is now, it's the only backstory of any sort that he's been given so far.

He is, as Miss Magenta noted, depicted in school (and halo-less) in the college strips, but there's no consensus on how relevant that is, either.

For whatever it's worth (not much), in this strip, Seymour, in effect, says that he is God's most recent creation, which sort of maybe kind of confirms the above strip of God creating him with a single KCHHHHHHHHH:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2101

("Nuh uh," not something one hears from many adults.)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I dunno. I don't think Seymour was saying he's the most RECENT creation, just one that is more recent than anything he's done since the bible.

I also don't think that creation strip is necessarily his backstory or even really canon either, since I'm positive that it's an allegory for the creation of man and it's obsession with religion.

But it's not like Tat really gives a SHIT to clarify WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL with anything so it might just be.

He's not gonna clarify what the deal is with Seymour - human or not? born naturally vs divine creation? or what - or what Fyoosh's life prior to becoming a devil girl was like, or what the deal was with devil!Amber in Crim's vision, or what the deal currently is with devil!Slick... and that's disappointing, but so life goes. We both want to know buuuut...

As long as he doesn't clarify, we can always fill in the blanks. That's what headcanon is for, I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Well I dunno. I don't think Seymour was saying he's the most RECENT creation, just one that is more recent than anything he's done since the bible.

I also don't think that creation strip is necessarily his backstory or even really canon either, since I'm positive that it's an allegory for the creation of man and it's obsession with religion.

But it's not like Tat really gives a SHIT to clarify WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL with anything so it might just be.

He's not gonna clarify what the deal is with Seymour - human or not? born naturally vs divine creation? or what - or what Fyoosh's life prior to becoming a devil girl was like, or what the deal was with devil!Amber in Crim's vision, or what the deal currently is with devil!Slick... and that's disappointing, but so life goes. We both want to know buuuut...

As long as he doesn't clarify, we can always fill in the blanks. That's what headcanon is for, I suppose.

Yeah, just like he's never going to tell us Glossy's name.

Oh, wait...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, naming a character that'd been around for a few years is kinda different from spending time to clarify what's up with a minor detail in a comic strip that more frequently than not doesn't exactly have the most consistent continuity???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: