welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 286, 287, 288  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice they are all the same skin color, fucking racists.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are some pretty lifelike mannequins.

Is it just me, or does the one on the left have one hell of a chin.
It read 'Welcome to The End'
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when you defund Planned Parenthood: women lose health coverage for everything from hypertension to contraception to cancer screening, half of your clinics close (even though most of them were not Planned Parenthood clinics, and none of those was providing abortions anyway), costs rise, and you get 23,000 more unplanned pregnancies per year... some of which will result in abortions. So by trying to cut back on abortions they may have increased the number of abortions.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
This is what happens when you defund Planned Parenthood: women lose health coverage for everything from hypertension to contraception to cancer screening, half of your clinics close (even though most of them were not Planned Parenthood clinics, and none of those was providing abortions anyway), costs rise, and you get 23,000 more unplanned pregnancies per year... some of which will result in abortions. So by trying to cut back on abortions they may have increased the number of abortions.

Don't worry, in fifteen to twenty years I'm sure they'll be looking at "Why the increase in __________ crime"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just insane to think that you can have positive outcomes by limiting or removing access to health care. That's like saying, "We can save lives by shutting down ambulance companies. Oh shit, now a bunch of people are dying! Well, at least we stuck to the courage of our convictions."
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but over 90% of what planned parenthood does is abortions!!!* so defunding it must be reducing the number of abortions!

this is what happens when you get legislators who vote on what they think is the case, rather than checking on actual reality (like, what all planned parenthood actually does).

on the bright side, texas will have no trouble taking care of its aging population in 20 years, on account of all those babies they didn't kill.

whether or not they get a good enough education to be trusted to take care of people is another issue. i'm sure texas will solve any problems with cuts to the educational system.

*not intended as a factual statement, j. kyl.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this count a a 'win':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/girls-gone-wild-bankruptcy_n_2782645.html#slide=993667
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. yes, it does.

wait, maybe not:
Quote:
"The only reason Girls Gone Wild has elected to file for this reorganization is to re-structure its frivolous and burdensome legal affairs. This Chapter 11 filing will not affect any of Girls Gone Wildís domestic or international operations. Just like American Airlines and General Motors, it will be business as usual for Girls Gone Wild.Ē

Him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN grieves that guilty verdict ruined 'promising' lives of Steubenville rapists

asdfghjvtfuigo
Fuck you CNN. Fuck you.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
CNN grieves that guilty verdict ruined 'promising' lives of Steubenville rapists

But, it is sad; a couple rapists are going to be back out on the streets in a year and two years--in no more than four years, tops.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but that's different than why they seem to be upset over this.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's CNN. If the Motion Picture Academy handed out Oscars for yellow journalism, CNN would sweep the awards ceremony every year.

edit: O-kay, "yellowish." I don't think they actually make their stories up out of whole cloth, but they sure do look for the weirdest possible slants to report.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaGoddamnitcnn

StopTryingToBeTheOnion
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the Onion has better taste than that. I mean, holy shit.
Him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, not wanting to be outdone in being horrible bags of human waste by CNN, Fox News decides to "accidentally" leak the name of the rape victim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 286, 287, 288  Next
Page 182 of 288

Jump to: