welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-03-17: Witch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
vincentninja68 wrote:
Medusa?

No, she's an older goddess, I forget which one, I'm too tired right now to think of it. . . Maybe Cybele or Rhea or Gaia or someone, I forget

I think it was concluded that she's probably Lilith, aka the consort of Lucifer, aka in greek known as Lamia the daughter of Hecate.

Which is funny, 'cuz Hecate is goddess of witches and witchcraft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shadow Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is, FINALLY.

I keep waiting for this flashback arc to come to its end and show what really happened, but it keeps being interrupted by Sisterhood/Patriarchy strips.

I'm fine with those strips on the weekdays, since they're tied to this flashback arc intrinsically, but I wish all the weekend strips would continue this arc and show what really happened already.
gridcube

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil'E ===> lily ===> lilith?

O_O
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Li'l E's full name is Li'l Evil, so that means if Lilith truly IS his mother's name... Then his name would basically be a portmanteau of his parents.

Lilith + Devil. And for some reason I find that to be quite an amusing thought.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what did she DO?

All that we see is a flaming brick goes through the window, she grabs LilE, goes outside, shit is on fire, she literally just LOOKS at the two assholes, they rear back as if scared, and a bunch of the others run away. Nothing actually happens, caused by her, that we can see.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Wait, what did she DO?

All that we see is a flaming brick goes through the window, she grabs LilE, goes outside, shit is on fire, she literally just LOOKS at the two assholes, they rear back as if scared, and a bunch of the others run away. Nothing actually happens, caused by her, that we can see.

Second to last panel, they are made of stone. So clearly she turned them into stone, and the other villagers don't want that for themselves.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never been said who or what she is. This would indicate that maybe she's a gorgon ( not a "medusa", Medusa was just one of three sisters). My own spec is that she's either Gaia or the Mother aspect of the Triple Goddess, with Nana and Xanthe being the Crone and Maiden respectively, although that looks weaker now, at least the Xanthe=Maiden part. Others have specualted that she might be Lilith or Eve.[/i]
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
starkruzr wrote:
Wait, what did she DO?

Second to last panel, they are made of stone. So clearly she turned them into stone, and the other villagers don't want that for themselves.

That was not at all obvious to me, maybe because all the other panels seem to have them in different but still "WHOA WTF R U DOIN" poses.
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the stone thing too. I thought she made their torches explode into the trees.
sunember123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesn't have to be a gorgon to know petrification spells.

Also, Sinfestia can be a quite dark world.
Amitabha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Amitabha's first post! Reply with quote

Since this is the only part of the forum I read regularly, I thought it fitting that my first post should be here and not somewhere else. Hello everyone!

Quote:
... a son of the devil, in a society so plagued by the patriarchy which is controlled by the devil, is being targeted by society.

Perhaps they believe themselves to be fighting against the devil's control. Perhaps they ARE fighting against the devil's control.

Evil things may be done for a noble cause.

EDIT: It is more difficult, however, to say that they are fighting the patriarchy- there is nothing to suggest that they hold patriarchy against the Devil, and what's more, they are targeting a single mother and her child with mob violence.

(although they seem to be targeting her more for her association with the devil than for the fact that she is a single mother)

I like this strip. I like this arc. I want to see more of this arc.
It is interesting. It is intriguing. It proves the people who believe Sinfest to be stagnant and boring wrong.

(I am also Istancow)
Confuzledish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but is this the first time someone has actually been killed in the comic?
Shadow Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confuzledish wrote:
I may be wrong, but is this the first time someone has actually been killed in the comic?

Where do you see someone being killed in this strip?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
starkruzr wrote:
Wait, what did she DO?

That was not at all obvious to me, maybe because all the other panels seem to have them in different but still "WHOA WTF R U DOIN" poses.

The change in texture and color read as 'turned to stone' for me, along with the fact they stay in the same pose after the other villagers leave. This all happens right after she glares at them with what I presume to be glowing white eyes - a common way to imply that a being is magical or is doing magic.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Peanut Gallery wrote:
I missed the stone thing too. I thought she made their torches explode into the trees.

They had already set fire to the trees before she got out of the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: