Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-03-17: Witch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Confuzledish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Master wrote:
Confuzledish wrote:
I may be wrong, but is this the first time someone has actually been killed in the comic?

Where do you see someone being killed in this strip?

Well... being turned into stone... That's not something you generally walk away from, buddy.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not necessarily mean that it kills you. However...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Amitabha's first post! Reply with quote

Amitabha wrote:
Since this is the only part of the forum I read regularly, I thought it fitting that my first post should be here and not somewhere else. Hello everyone!

Quote:
... a son of the devil, in a society so plagued by the patriarchy which is controlled by the devil, is being targeted by society.

Perhaps they believe themselves to be fighting against the devil's control. Perhaps they ARE fighting against the devil's control.

Evil things may be done for a noble cause.

EDIT: It is more difficult, however, to say that they are fighting the patriarchy- there is nothing to suggest that they hold patriarchy against the Devil, and what's more, they are targeting a single mother and her child with mob violence.

I agree with what was said before that this and the Patriarchy strips aren't linked.

In fact, many strips that are Patriarchy related probably aren't meant to be Patriarchy strips per-se either. The Patriarchy strips mostly have to do with he Sisterhood fighting big D and of course the others around occasionally going through their own changes both together through the influence of the Patriarchy themes and by their own coalition as well.

But Tat deals with many unique story concepts at once, and the lore possibilities of his world are so complex, he's able to touch on things like this here and there as we learn more and more about the characters.

We definitively shouldn't get caught up thinking everything has to follow one theme, that's for sure. I mean, Tat has always loved having multiple plots/themes running simultaneously.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people getting killed in Sinfest isn't particularly new anyway. there's all those New Years comics, and off the top of my head i seem to recall one of Uncle Sam exterminating a bunch of Indians on his lawn with pesticide.
Hydra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Sinfest is back in business!
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Festers' ADD: No matter what the story arc, no matter who the characters are that are involved, there will always be someone complaining that it has gone on for too long.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooooo...

There's a witch/goddess.

Whose son is literally the son of Satan.

Do you really think a couple torches and pitchforks are going to do anything. I mean... really? Not even like, crucifixes or holy water or silver bullets n' shit. Torches and pitchforks, that'll learn 'em!

A+ for effort, F- for intelligence. Try harder next time, townsfolk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's stone? I couldn't tell. I thought those were just the two bravest guys in the mob who stood there while everyone else ran.

But this makes her a total hypocrite.

Big D was teaching his son how to make sure the world can't hurt him or those he cares for by means of BOMF, and she ended up leaving him because of it.

Then she goes around and turns people to stone for the exact same reason?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brb shedding tear of pride at how monumentally the point has sailed over Shadow Master's head

they grow up so fast, don't they?
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Master wrote:
Big D was teaching his son how to make sure the world can't hurt him or those he cares for by means of BOMF, and she ended up leaving him because of it.

Inasmuch as any reason has ever been revealed for her leaving D-man, it was due to his hunting angels and scaring Li'l E in the process. You even linked to that strip, yourself, earlier in this thread.
leutchi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Master wrote:
That's stone? I couldn't tell. I thought those were just the two bravest guys in the mob who stood there while everyone else ran.

But when it comes to protecting one's child/ren then all rules go out the window.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leutchi wrote:
Shadow Master wrote:

But when it comes to protecting one's child/ren then all rules go out the window.

Indeed, and one thing to protect them from is terrible parenting - which appears to be what Big D practices.

Yes, I am reasonably sure it is stone.
Shadow Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Shadow Master wrote:

Inasmuch as any reason has ever been revealed for her leaving D-man, it was due to his hunting angels and scaring Li'l E in the process. You even linked to that strip, yourself, earlier in this thread.

But what's wrong with exposing a child to such things?

There's no direct harm from it. The child isn't damaged or hurt in any way by such actions. It only causes the child to grow up stronger faster. Instead of being pampered, he's exposed to the importance of war against enemies from an early age. As a result, he won't grow up thinking the world is a place of rainbows and sunshine, where no one would ever DARE hurt him or his loved ones.

Throughout this arc, Big D was shown teaching Lil' E how to be strong and proactive in life, instead of being weak and always on the backfoot, which is a lethally dangerous level of ignorance and pacifism.

If anything, NOT teaching children how to be aggressive against their enemies is bad parenting, since it makes them grow up weaker.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:pops some popcorn:
:pours self a double apple-whiskey with a large, icey coke on the side:

I'mma just sit back, and watch this happen.

(Anyone want an over/under on just how long I can actually stay out of this shitstorm?)
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should any of this be surprising to anyone.

You fucking engage these people with anything but vitriol and this is what you get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: