welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1164, 1165, 1166 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean High School Musical? Did you just break out in song?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a knack for being the first post on a new page, and it's always when I decide not to quote someone...
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your FAFSA has been selected for a review process called verification. Your school has the authority to request copies of certain financial documents from you (and your spouse)."

This is the financial aid version of an IRS audit, where you have to show proof of all of your information. Luckily, it's basically just sending them copies of your W2s. Unfortunately, I'm 260 miles from half of the W2s I'd need to send.

Plus I just don't need this shit right now. Razz
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some creepy old drunk guy tried to hit on me when I was walking back to my apartment from the little organic grocery store nearby.

Like, insisted on shaking, then pulled my hand closer to him and wouldn't let go.

"Do you like people?"

No. No, I fucking hate people.

And then I jaywalked through oncoming traffic to get away.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugggh, old drunk guys are the worst.
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrophy Annie wrote:
Ugggh, old drunk guys are the worst.

I'll try to remember that when I'm an old drunk guy.
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started looking up people on Facebook that I used to spend time with.

Many of them have married, some have impressive jobs/lives.

I start to wonder, "Do any of them have old pictures of me from when we used to hang out?"

I poke around and see a couple of pictures from around the right time frame, I'm not in any of them.

Then it hits me. I was especially unpleasant around that time. Short tempered, socially awkward and didn't really connect with anyone. I didn't want to remember that time in my life, why would they want to remember me as I was then?

I have been unpleasant and disrespectful to a lot of people, here included. I'm not claiming to be a better person now, but I really hope that I am. I'm just saying that looking back, I'm kind of horrified. If I've ever treated you poorly, I'm truly sorry.
sporko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
You mean High School Musical? Did you just break out in song?

haha i actually just quit the a capella group here (called "neural groove") due to time conflicts. i still sing around school...though lately it's been funeral dirges and dashboard confessional.

i kid, i kid!

ps financial aid things are the worst, and i sympathize with you. <3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it turns out that H & R Block fucked up some 600,000+ tax returns on forms where people claimed tax credits for outstanding student loan debt, if you filed before Feb 22. In one of the mandatory blank spots, instead of using 'N', their form used 'No', so now returns may be held up for as long as six weeks.

Yes, mine was one of those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff member was having a bridal shower today after school, but only certain staff were invited I guess. I didn't get invited. Not sure what I ever did. And no it wasn't an oversight because one or two others also weren't invited. Oh well, guess she won't need that gift.
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Staff member was having a bridal shower today after school, but only certain staff were invited I guess. I didn't get invited. Not sure what I ever did. And no it wasn't an oversight because one or two others also weren't invited. Oh well, guess she won't need that gift.
Fuck people.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, seriously, what a dick move!

*hugs* I'd invite you to all the cool things if I didn't live so damned far away.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absoluthoyt wrote:
eureka00 wrote:
Fuck people.

Do you like people?
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

This is why you invite as many people as possible!
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I spent the large majority of Friday night crying over all that stupid work stuff. It was stupid really, but at the time I just felt like it I guess. It was like high school all over again.

There was also some really rude things regarding it that went on. The bride and her matron of honor both work at my daycare. They had both taken Friday off to decorate the meeting room downstairs for the bridal shower. (Why it takes two people all day to decorate for a bridal shower is beyond me) Then, one of them texts my co-teacher saying she has to rush her dog to the vet and can she go help the bride decorate downstairs after my lunch break. I'm the lead teacher so it's my choice whether she goes or not. I said No because the project we were doing with the kids that day needed more hands. She said fine and texted them back. My co-teacher was possibly upset about it who cares. It was a silly request, imo. (OMG A DECORATING EMERGENCY?!)

Fast Forward to after my lunch break and my afternoon class is just getting ready to start class. The matron of honor opens the door and yells in, "Is she done yet?" This was possibly the rudest most undermining thing I have ever. I told my co-teacher to just go, I was tired of having a party I'm not invited to shoved in my face. I think at this point my co-teacher felt sorry for me because she tried to say some things. Honestly I'm not that mad at her because she didn't do the inviting.

Anyways, hubby got me to come to my senses finally by saying these people don't sound like they are worth your tears. And they aren't and I stopped. /drama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1164, 1165, 1166 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1165 of 1254

Jump to: