welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/21 monster hunter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
When I got my kitten from the pound I was absolutely prepared that he'd be superpicky with his food. I'd heard all the stories of cats refusing to eat this and that. Turns out my cat will eat anything, from the worst garbage dry biscuits to salmon. While this is great, it's always a challenge to not forgot to leave food on the table unattended.

I give him chicken livers and chicken hearts - much healthier than the canned crap in our supermarkets (cheap too from the local butcher).

In my experience, animals from the pound somehow picked up on the crappy situation they've been rescued from and are extremely grateful. Too grateful to be picky about their living accommodations. Or else life has taught them to have lower expectations.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago, an ex-roommate had been inspired to feed our dogs raw meaty bones, which are apparently the healthiest things you can feed them. They're kind of gross, but pretty cheap at the butcher's & the dogs loved them - they'd just crunch those things down like nothing else.

The cats got stuck with dry food, but so far as I know they never complained.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cats don't complain.

cats plan revenge.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Some years ago, an ex-roommate had been inspired to feed our dogs raw meaty bones, which are apparently the healthiest things you can feed them. They're kind of gross, but pretty cheap at the butcher's & the dogs loved them - they'd just crunch those things down like nothing else.

The cats got stuck with dry food, but so far as I know they never complained.

I knew of someone once who would feed her dog squirrels that hunting friends caught. The pictures of them being chewed on were fairly horrific, but the dogs were happy anyway.

My local coop sells bones and other scraps specifically for dogs or soup or crab bait. They've also got tubes of lamb meat for dogs which I regretfully bought once for myself. I had no idea a meat product could taste so bad.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Peanut Gallery wrote:
Yinello wrote:
When I got my kitten from the pound I was absolutely prepared that he'd be superpicky with his food. I'd heard all the stories of cats refusing to eat this and that. Turns out my cat will eat anything, from the worst garbage dry biscuits to salmon. While this is great, it's always a challenge to not forgot to leave food on the table unattended.

I give him chicken livers and chicken hearts - much healthier than the canned crap in our supermarkets (cheap too from the local butcher).

In my experience, animals from the pound somehow picked up on the crappy situation they've been rescued from and are extremely grateful. Too grateful to be picky about their living accommodations. Or else life has taught them to have lower expectations.

Yeah we thought so as well. His coat looks very shiny and he sure likes to jump on anything he's not allowed to jump on, so we're assuming he's happy.
Kjralon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Kjralon: I am not well versed in doggy diets but I bet it would be just as good for them as it is for kitties. Plus considering the weird stuff I hear about my friends dogs eating and being fine with I doubt it could hurt, lol.

Yes. For some reason my dog thinks anything made out of plastic is delicious. Clearly this is dangerous, but she doesn't seem to get that. Razz I want to give her some more plain meats instead of just dry food all the time, or processed things as treats, and tuna seems like a good healthy solution. :3 According to the internets it's good for them too.

ShadowCell wrote:
i let my dog eat peanut butter as a treat for a while. then he got fat so i had to stop.

I give her a little dab of peanut butter once or twice a week. It's apparently the best thing ever.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus dogs eating peanut butter is _hysterical_.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
cats don't complain.

cats plan revenge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: