welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-03-24: Fembot Factory 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diagram12345

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a powerful comic! I love the last panel. I'd like to believe that she's going to avenge her fallen comrades -- I hope this storyline isn't dropped. =)
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
Actually what they did was the definition of domestic terrorism

Noun - 1. domestic terrorism - terrorism practiced in your own country against your own people; "the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City was an instance of domestic terrorism"
act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

And seeing as this is the aftermath of their terror attack, it is related as we see what looks like an empty factory after an evacuation where workers left what they had on the ground and went to what ever their ready areas were as people look for what caused things to go so horribly wrong and the effected fembots just piled up awaiting re purposing and inspection.

so, yeah, like i said:

Quote:
man, some people just go full on stupid trying to figure out ways to twist this comic to demonize the sisterhood
lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:

Say what you like for The Devil, but his brand of evil is lawful and while it hurts people... he doesn't want them dead there isn't an opportunity for that way. The sisterhood however, doesn't seem to care how their message is given out how many people get hurt in the matter, how many people they kill through their actions (I can count one.)

Who did they kill?
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
She already was self-aware.

Problem is, now she's pissed off.

Skynet has become self-aware was intended to be cultural shorthand for "the robot apocalypse is at hand, prepare for the end!". Personally I'm rooting for less Terminator and more Punisher though.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what Skynet is, I was joking. ^^

Well the Terminator route wouldn't be so bad, really, if we are saying robot going ahead, ignoring all type of damage and destroying whatever target opposes. I'd watch a movie of Fembot doing that.

...Should we still call her Fembot, considering that the comic already featured the mass produced Fembots? I guess that I'll call her "Fembot with a sweater" and go with that.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devilcorp isn't into cleaning or something? Why are those Fembots still lying around? xD
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
Actually what they did

What Curly did. There is as yet no evidence that she wasn't acting alone.

BTW, about the factory being empty: Maybe it's the weekend and everybody's at home.

Hey, if you want to take it super-seriously, take it all the way.
Phox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wrote:

Who did they kill?

Year 2012 remember? Xanthe hit the self destruct?

Ronald wrote:

And fair enough, though with the use of their symbol I am left to say that she was using their software, and if it is the weekend you generally don't leave your personal protective equipment laying around all haphazard.
The Peanut Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it was implied that 2012 activated it himself randomly pushing buttons. Certainly Xanthe didn't expect it to be exploded when she happened upon it. She just activated the tracker to see where it was.

Not that sticking a bomb on a seemingly child's toy that can be activated by an excited toddler didn't strike me as just a little bit as culpable negligence.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
lol wrote:

Who did they kill?

Year 2012 remember? Xanthe hit the self destruct?

Ronald wrote:

And fair enough, though with the use of their symbol I am left to say that she was using their software, and if it is the weekend you generally don't leave your personal protective equipment laying around all haphazard.

I don't remember people dying in the factory incident.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweatered Fembot is one of my new favorite characters. <3

I drew fanart and everything, though that was before she acquired her kick ass wardrobe. Will just have to draw another, I suppose.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
You know... i wonder how many factory workers were killed or injured in that entire thing as it looks like the factory is fully shut down, likely while they look through everything for what happened.

Say what you like for The Devil, but his brand of evil is lawful and while it hurts people... he doesn't want them dead there isn't an opportunity for that way. The sisterhood however, doesn't seem to care how their message is given out how many people get hurt in the matter, how many people they kill through their actions (I can count one.)

Still... the other question is that if the fem bot has gained full true emotions.. or the hate, rage, and fury that they would want them to have to have them fully sympathetic to their cause?

Just because Big D's brand of evil is lawful, doesn't mean it's more acceptable than going on a rampage. How much you're hurt by something doesn't depend on how lawful said something is. In this case the fembot made a logical (and perfectly valid) comparison between witches being burned and self-aware fembots being shut down. She will go on a rampage and that's just rational. If she is indeed capable of emotions and also of empathy towards her fellow bots , the amount of despair and fury in which she's into is just intense. The fact that a lawful-like action caused this despair_&_fury is irrelevant.
wobster109

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel very strange about the whole fembot arc. I feel like I sort of know what it's trying to say, that women shouldn't be perceived as objects, that owning/producing fembots perpetuates that sort of thinking, etc.

In real life, I'm a girl with an unacceptable fetish who doesn't expect to ever live it out in real life. At this point, I can't ask anyone to play-act with me because my own embarrassment prevents me from enjoying it. One of my dreams is to own a CandyGirl doll someday. It's because I want to play out my fantasies without involving anyone, without forcing it all upon a real person.

The fembot arc feels like a personal rebuke to me: I'm supporting an industry that's hurting women and so forth. I haven't thought too hard about it. I never chose my fetishes. I don't want to give up on as close to fulfilling my fantasy as I'll ever get.
redshirt26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Deadpool, "Yay, now is fighty time, fighty time, blood blood blood!""
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
man, some people just go full on stupid trying to figure out ways to twist this comic to demonize the sisterhood

they don't even have to be in the comic. it's spectacular. it is so deeply under so many people's skin now. ultimate trolling.

I'm certainly impressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: