welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adria Richards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delakando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about Shadowcell being a lil bitch.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about sandvich.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about cool ranch doritos locos tacos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I could start adding some ranch mix to my sammiches. It works for popcorn, anyway.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delakando wrote:
This thread is now about Shadowcell being a lil bitch.

Nope, still about you being a schmuck.

And pie.

And seriously people, cold apple pie and hot black coffee is one of the best breakfasts in the goddamn world. Especially with some hashbrowns and cheese.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever melt some sharp cheddar over their apple pie. Oh my god that's amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I hadn't ever thought of that. I love apple slices and sharp cheddar, though... now I want some warm apple pie.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here like cream cheese pie? The recipe I use came off the back of an Eagle brand can of condensed milk... My god it's delicious. Like a split between a key-lime pie and cheesecake.

Also, this situation seems overblown and stupid on all sides and I feel more stupid now for actually having read into it. Fuck you, OP.

edit: Also, can someone explain the whole cheese-on-pie thing? I'd heard it was an east-coast US thing, but I have no idea. No one does it up here, at least that I've seen.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's also a strawberry yogurt pie i've had before that's really good. it's literally exactly what it sounds like: strawberry yogurt with chopped-up strawberries on graham cracker crust. the only downside is you can't actually have a slice of it because a slice of strawberry yogurt pie cannot maintain any sort of structural integrity.

obviously Delakando has never experienced the joy of this pie or else he wouldn't be so full of helpless misdirected rage.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefly on topic, I do agree with Wheels (although I do not think the actions of Anonymous can be blamed on these men), and there are varying degrees of 'stupid action':

Men making dick jokes about 'dongles' (not even directed at anyone, from what I understood?): Stupid, but... dongles is a really, really funny word.

Woman who decided to, rather than ask them to knock it off, take their picture and publically shame them on the internet: More stupid, more wrong.

Anonymous's involvement: I don't really need to say much here. WTF, man.

I'm not really even sure this is a 'feminism' issue, regardless of how Ms. Richards wants to spin it.

Quote:

This thread is now about cool ranch doritos locos tacos.

Not gonna lie, the very concept just sounds gross. Like, the Platonic Idea of Cool Ranch Doritios Locos Tacos makes me go "ew.". Are they actually palatable?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
there's also a strawberry yogurt pie i've had before that's really good. it's literally exactly what it sounds like: strawberry yogurt with chopped-up strawberries on graham cracker crust. the only downside is you can't actually have a slice of it because a slice of strawberry yogurt pie cannot maintain any sort of structural integrity.

I feel like you could give it some structural integrity with like, cream cheese or something? I'm pretty terrible at baking but this just makes me want to experiment.

Also, I haven't tried apple pie with cheddar, but I do know I like apples and cheese together so I'm pretty sure I would approve (and now I really want to try it, too.)
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I feel like you could give it some structural integrity with like, cream cheese or something? I'm pretty terrible at baking but this just makes me want to experiment.
That might work, or, if you wish to avoid adding the cheese-y flavor, try using an emulsifier and thickener like corn starch; one should be able to get the yogurt to a thick, custard-like consistency without significantly changing the flavor, that way.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

Also, I haven't tried apple pie with cheddar, but I do know I like apples and cheese together so I'm pretty sure I would approve (and now I really want to try it, too.)

Cream cheese could absolutely work for that. Just modify a cheesecake recipe slightly, I would think! Could also add a tiny bit of sour cream if one wants a bit of 'tartness'.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Anyone here like cream cheese pie? The recipe I use came off the back of an Eagle brand can of condensed milk... My god it's delicious. Like a split between a key-lime pie and cheesecake.

Also, this situation seems overblown and stupid on all sides and I feel more stupid now for actually having read into it. Fuck you, OP.

edit: Also, can someone explain the whole cheese-on-pie thing? I'd heard it was an east-coast US thing, but I have no idea. No one does it up here, at least that I've seen.

Its a fruit/cheese combo thing, sweet and sharp, depending on the spicing and the crust you can hit every part of the palate with a good pie.

Its like red meat and fruit/berries they really go very very well together but most people don't pair them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does that work? Are they cooked with the meat, or served as a side?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: