welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adria Richards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Delakando



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about Shadowcell being a lil bitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12175
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about sandvich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3315

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about cool ranch doritos locos tacos.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12175
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I could start adding some ranch mix to my sammiches. It works for popcorn, anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4898
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delakando wrote:
This thread is now about Shadowcell being a lil bitch.


Nope, still about you being a schmuck.

And pie.

And seriously people, cold apple pie and hot black coffee is one of the best breakfasts in the goddamn world. Especially with some hashbrowns and cheese.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3315

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever melt some sharp cheddar over their apple pie. Oh my god that's amazing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10710
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I hadn't ever thought of that. I love apple slices and sharp cheddar, though... now I want some warm apple pie.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1182
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here like cream cheese pie? The recipe I use came off the back of an Eagle brand can of condensed milk... My god it's delicious. Like a split between a key-lime pie and cheesecake.

Also, this situation seems overblown and stupid on all sides and I feel more stupid now for actually having read into it. Fuck you, OP.

edit: Also, can someone explain the whole cheese-on-pie thing? I'd heard it was an east-coast US thing, but I have no idea. No one does it up here, at least that I've seen.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6052
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's also a strawberry yogurt pie i've had before that's really good. it's literally exactly what it sounds like: strawberry yogurt with chopped-up strawberries on graham cracker crust. the only downside is you can't actually have a slice of it because a slice of strawberry yogurt pie cannot maintain any sort of structural integrity.

obviously Delakando has never experienced the joy of this pie or else he wouldn't be so full of helpless misdirected rage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefly on topic, I do agree with Wheels (although I do not think the actions of Anonymous can be blamed on these men), and there are varying degrees of 'stupid action':

Men making dick jokes about 'dongles' (not even directed at anyone, from what I understood?): Stupid, but... dongles is a really, really funny word.

Woman who decided to, rather than ask them to knock it off, take their picture and publically shame them on the internet: More stupid, more wrong.

Anonymous's involvement: I don't really need to say much here. WTF, man.

I'm not really even sure this is a 'feminism' issue, regardless of how Ms. Richards wants to spin it.

Quote:

This thread is now about cool ranch doritos locos tacos.


Not gonna lie, the very concept just sounds gross. Like, the Platonic Idea of Cool Ranch Doritios Locos Tacos makes me go "ew.". Are they actually palatable?
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6430

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
there's also a strawberry yogurt pie i've had before that's really good. it's literally exactly what it sounds like: strawberry yogurt with chopped-up strawberries on graham cracker crust. the only downside is you can't actually have a slice of it because a slice of strawberry yogurt pie cannot maintain any sort of structural integrity.


I feel like you could give it some structural integrity with like, cream cheese or something? I'm pretty terrible at baking but this just makes me want to experiment.

Also, I haven't tried apple pie with cheddar, but I do know I like apples and cheese together so I'm pretty sure I would approve (and now I really want to try it, too.)
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I feel like you could give it some structural integrity with like, cream cheese or something? I'm pretty terrible at baking but this just makes me want to experiment.
That might work, or, if you wish to avoid adding the cheese-y flavor, try using an emulsifier and thickener like corn starch; one should be able to get the yogurt to a thick, custard-like consistency without significantly changing the flavor, that way.
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
there's also a strawberry yogurt pie i've had before that's really good. it's literally exactly what it sounds like: strawberry yogurt with chopped-up strawberries on graham cracker crust. the only downside is you can't actually have a slice of it because a slice of strawberry yogurt pie cannot maintain any sort of structural integrity.


I feel like you could give it some structural integrity with like, cream cheese or something? I'm pretty terrible at baking but this just makes me want to experiment.

Also, I haven't tried apple pie with cheddar, but I do know I like apples and cheese together so I'm pretty sure I would approve (and now I really want to try it, too.)


Cream cheese could absolutely work for that. Just modify a cheesecake recipe slightly, I would think! Could also add a tiny bit of sour cream if one wants a bit of 'tartness'.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3315

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Anyone here like cream cheese pie? The recipe I use came off the back of an Eagle brand can of condensed milk... My god it's delicious. Like a split between a key-lime pie and cheesecake.

Also, this situation seems overblown and stupid on all sides and I feel more stupid now for actually having read into it. Fuck you, OP.

edit: Also, can someone explain the whole cheese-on-pie thing? I'd heard it was an east-coast US thing, but I have no idea. No one does it up here, at least that I've seen.


Its a fruit/cheese combo thing, sweet and sharp, depending on the spicing and the crust you can hit every part of the palate with a good pie.

Its like red meat and fruit/berries they really go very very well together but most people don't pair them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does that work? Are they cooked with the meat, or served as a side?
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group