welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1647, 1648, 1649 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Aaaaah bummer. S'okay though, I'll figure something out. Part of why I want to go to Seattle is to scope it out to see if I could live there (the answer is probably yes, but it doesn't hurt to check it out.)

Varst, I'll totally keep you informed next time I have plans to head in that direction.

Of course you could live here. We have delicious food, lots of beer, it rarely snows, and we're generally on the saner side of things like women's rights and gay rights. Imagine it! Immmaaaaagiiiiine iiiiiiiit!

Except for the Seattle Freeze.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there is that. Sometimes I think it's a myth, because I get along just fine as an outsider, but then I realize my closest friends are from Minnesota, Alaska, and the Philippines. I have a lot of native WA friends, too, though. It just takes a little longer to get to know them. Despite the Seattle Freeze, I still like he PNW more than anywhere else I've ever lived (including Alberta, Florida, and a short stint in Vermont - which has its own insular attitude about flatlanders*). People take longer to warm up here, but once you're in they just keep getting warmer over time. I was like that even before I moved here, so maybe it just works for me.

* I dated a girl who was third generation Vermonter and she was occasionally called a flatlander. "If the cat has her kittens in the oven that don't make them buns," was the reason I was given. Seattle's not that bad! Wink
eureka00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Yeah, there is that. Sometimes I think it's a myth, because I get along just fine as an outsider, but then I realize my closest friends are from Minnesota, Alaska, and the Philippines. I have a lot of native WA friends, too, though. It just takes a little longer to get to know them. Despite the Seattle Freeze, I still like he PNW more than anywhere else I've ever lived (including Alberta, Florida, and a short stint in Vermont - which has its own insular attitude about flatlanders*). People take longer to warm up here, but once you're in they just keep getting warmer over time. I was like that even before I moved here, so maybe it just works for me.

* I dated a girl who was third generation Vermonter and she was occasionally called a flatlander. "If the cat has her kittens in the oven that don't make them buns," was the reason I was given. Seattle's not that bad! Wink

The flatlander thing is pretty interesting. My cousin's husband has always referred to my family as flatlanders but that's because we all live in IL and he has lived his whole life in Colorado. He's always so shocked at my family's hiking abilities, lol.
Him

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a girl are in our underwear, eating ice cream for breakfast and smoking a joint. adult life is just as I imagined it would be
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally getting the knitting urge back! It's been weeks since I picked up the needles and started doing something. I'm doing a sleeve to a hoodie, but it's something!

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD, NETFLIX STREAMING.

You just got Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Johnny Bravo (eh), Ed Edd and Eddy (did not like this show), Courage the Cowardly Dog (yay!), Dexter's Lab, Batman The Brave And the Bold (eh), Power Puff girls (yay), Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and SAMURAI FREAKING JACK.

Not to mention a crapton of Adult Swim Shows!
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO THERE MY NAME IS HADLEY I A PIMP NINJA OLDBIE RETURNED JUST TO SEE WHO ALL IS STILL AROUND SHALL I MAKE A NEW THREAD

so have just arrived home after 3 weeks of on the road festival and performance insanity, despite a brief two day respite in the middle where I managed to check in and make fun of sam for being a sex pervert I don't know what's going on WHAT DID I MISS?
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy invited me offroading, I managed to snap some halfway-decent pictures along the way.

Lots of fun all around.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys guys! I am still without pain!
bitflipper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! And, only without pain, right? They didn't slip with the needle and make your left foot permanently "go to sleep," right?
Razz

Sounds great, Las; I hope it keeps improving for you!
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go las!
Arkhron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I steept again on

2175 things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG

For example:

462. 1st Watch is not for accordion practice.
464. 2nd Watch is not for starting up pick up rugby games with wandering monsters.
466. 3rd Watch is not clothing optional.
467. There is no 'accidentally' slipping a Smite Evil into a pillow fight.

or the gnomes:

39. Gnomes do not have the racial ability 'can lick their eyebrows'
40. Gnomes do not have the racial ability to hold their breath for 10 minutes.
41. Gnomes do not have the racial ability 'impromptu kickstand'
83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.

Or weapons

81. A picture of my ex-wife is not an acceptable backup weapon.
106. I do not have weapon proficiency in cat.
395. I cannot have any weapon that requires me to crank start it first.
29. I cannot have any gun that requires me to continue the damage code on back.
99. Not allowed to see if Jedi can parry a shotgun blast with their lightsaber.
112. If the gun can't fit through the x-ray machine, it doesn't go on the plane.
192. If the gun is best fired using the artillery skill, my character is not allowed to have it.
393. If I can fit my head down the gun's barrel, I can assume it doesn't have the non-lethal option.

I almost died of laugther with lots of these...

The links, enjoy it!

http://theglen.livejournal.com/16735.html
http://theglen.livejournal.com/89715.html
http://theglen.livejournal.com/131998.html
http://theglen.livejournal.com/282764.html
http://theglen.livejournal.com/389635.html

Be compassionate
Yrvani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut, that first picture - what lake is that? Do you know what happened?
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yrvani wrote:
fritterdonut, that first picture - what lake is that? Do you know what happened?

That's Stave Lake. A hydro dam built in the 1920s up the river (86% or so of BC's power is generated by hydroelectric) caused the forested basin to flood. They then used boats to cut down the remaining trees. The water level at the lake varies quite a bit, so the trees are all cut at varying heights. The result is a pretty surreal scene.

Boating in some areas of the lake is all but impossible because there's a lot of barely submerged stumps that'll rip out the bottom of your boat.

Absolutely beautiful place to go offroading if you avoid the so called "Redneck Flats" on the other side of the lake. The flats will sink a truck up to the doors if you're unlucky, and it tends to be really rowdy and somewhat dangerous to stay overnight on long weekends and such. You can actually see the flats in the 3rd picture, way off in the distance.
Yrvani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Yrvani wrote:

That's Stave Lake. A hydro dam built in the 1920s up the river (86% or so of BC's power is generated by hydroelectric) caused the forested basin to flood. They then used boats to cut down the remaining trees. The water level at the lake varies quite a bit, so the trees are all cut at varying heights. The result is a pretty surreal scene.

Boating in some areas of the lake is all but impossible because there's a lot of barely submerged stumps that'll rip out the bottom of your boat.

Absolutely beautiful place to go offroading if you avoid the so called "Redneck Flats" on the other side of the lake. The flats will sink a truck up to the doors if you're unlucky, and it tends to be really rowdy and somewhat dangerous to stay overnight on long weekends and such. You can actually see the flats in the 3rd picture, way off in the distance.

Awesome place!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1647, 1648, 1649 ... 1717, 1718, 1719  Next
Page 1648 of 1719

Jump to: