welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/7/2013 - day in the life
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: 4/7/2013 - day in the life Reply with quote

oh hey uncle sam

also, seymour's face in panel 12 is best face, everyone else just go home
Phox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day is for hard work and toil, for when night comes and the guardians sleep we release our darker nature on the world and allow the night to cloak our dark desires that in the morning we might be good once more.

ahh poor purple... (i call then Jezebel for personal amusement.) The world is only greys and blacks to you where people smile and act civilized wearing masks of false sincerity when they believe the important people can see them. Then release their more true nature to you as you dance to blood beats and pray on their baser instinct.

Then again you could say her touring around during the day was to drag in new customers for the night... hmm... still looks like she is just moving on auto pilot for all of it just another day, another step another moment as she tries to move forward. I truly wonder if she is a fallen like Blue... or a turned like orange... or if she signed a deal.. like Slick... a very sad character when you really look at her in any light really.
blackbooks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so confused as to the point of this comic? Can someone explain what it's getting at? And why Seymour goes from normal to lovestruck arbitrarily? And why he would take his lovestrickenness to a strip bar? Even lovestruck Seymour was "righteous"... And is Squig... furry? Is that weresquig? I'm so confused as to what is happening and what point is being made... Am I just REALLY dense and forgetting some things?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that all these nice, law abiding, civil people take part in the life they call seedy and immoral when no one is looking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackbooks wrote:
And is Squig... furry? Is that weresquig?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackbooks wrote:
I am so confused as to the point of this comic? Can someone explain what it's getting at?

It's the same thing it's been getting at all along since the whole feminism/patriarchy topic began in 2011 or whenever it was.

The point is that NEITHER side is superior/correct/etc.

I wasn't expecting this arc to drag on for years though.

I always thought it'd come to an end much sooner, revealing what happened with Big D, his ex-wife, and Lil' E finally by bringing those flashback strips to their conclusion, and then the jade dragon would just appear and be all neutral as he tends to be, pointing out that both sides are equal and need one another.

Instead, it just keeps going... and going... and going.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we still calling this an arc?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, is garfield still on that overeating arc
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Batman is still on that crime fighting arc. GEEZ.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
The point is that all these nice, law abiding, civil people take part in the life they call seedy and immoral when no one is looking.

I wouldn't call it " seeds of immorality" it gives of such a religious vibe.
I'd think it's more the fact that whatever they claim they are merely human and cannot deny it indefinitely.

Also Tat has an alter-ego too?
BiQ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it mean - or does it mean anything - that Crim isn't there?

I have to admit, though, I have problems understanding how Seymour is there. Well, if this is somehow only allegoric to his sinful escapades with Jesus slash fanfiction, does it mean he's not "really" there? And does this Otherwise, this is new side of him to me.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Master wrote:
It's the same thing it's been getting at all along since the whole feminism/patriarchy topic began in 2011 or whenever it was.

The point is that NEITHER side is superior/correct/etc.

...the jade dragon would just appear and be all neutral as he tends to be, pointing out that both sides are equal and need one another.

Equal and need one another? What? The problem is that it's NOT needed, yet most people are oblivious to the problem at hand, and either believe it's perfectly normal, or do realize they have a "dark side" they disapprove of but don't know what to do about it.
Possibly the second is why Tat drew himself in that strip club, and draws all these comics on what values we shouldn't walk hand-in-hands with.

Oh by the way.

This is why Seymour is there. Because he's completely infatuated with her, even at this point.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:

Quite so. Sapphire sees through their hypocrisy & bullshit - or maybe she doesn't, I can't quite tell if she recognizes these guys whilst within the club - but she's too jaded to care.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
This is why Seymour is there. Because he's completely infatuated with her, even at this point.

... Umm, I'll be totally honest here and say that I don't think that Seymour is really infatuated with her at all. Like, he might think she's lovely and whatever but uh... to say that he is completely infatuated with her is a bit of a stretch. I mean, in that strip you posted anyways. He might be a little infatuated with her in this strip. I don't really feel like he is at all, but he's definitely fascinated by her at least so whatever.

BiQ wrote:
What does it mean - or does it mean anything - that Crim isn't there?

It means that Crim is the most genuinely good dude with a heart of pure gold in the entire comic. To have him appear here at all would kind of be quite contradictory to his character. Unless he were to take on the role of DJ at the club, because there is a DJ at the Hellhole and we know for a fact that Crim enjoys DJing. But otherwise there wouldn't really be any reason for him to be there. He's never really once expressed any signs of sexual arousal or sexual attraction, he does not know Sapphire in any way shape or form, is already in a relationship of a romantic persuasion with Fuchsia and is literally the most faithful and loyal character in the comic aside from Pooch, he's completely honest, respects everyone, not hypocritical in the least, ect... not really any reason for him to be there, is there?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has a second face. But when will Lady Liberty dump Sam's ass, geeze.

Is a shitstorm coming? I need to know if I should read my popcorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: