Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/8/2013 - misguided
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

"He's not a.."rebel" anymore, he's not asking the dangerous questions anymore, he's not going against the wave"? Can you be any more dense?

Can he be any more retarded?

Who the hell do he think the artist is?

HE'S THE GODDAMN TATSMAN.

Can you people utter a phrase without swearing for once. First time i came here i started insulting - shame on me.
Now i came and controlled my every word to not go overboard and i am viciously attacked for - the irony - my freedom of speech.

Also your post is 2/10 funny.

Fuck off, no one has been interested in anything you've had to say since you made your first impression.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
crayven wrote:

I'm sorry but hasn't "being problematic" made it so much fun back then, and so boring and bland now?
This is why a guy talking on TV for 12 hours with a monotone voice about boring mundane things is not fun, and a wacky guy doing crazy stunts and throwing pies in the face of passers-by IS funny.
Things out of the social norm are fun.
Tat has just shown he has caved in to political correctness - and that is the norm. He's not a.."rebel" anymore, he's not asking the dangerous questions anymore, he's not going against the wave - be it good or bad it's up for debate, at least he tried.

Excuse me, but are we reading the same comic?

"He's not a.."rebel" anymore, he's not asking the dangerous questions anymore, he's not going against the wave"? Can you be any more dense?

He's asking bigger questions than just randomly assing around with typical, unfounded stereotypes - he's actually attempting to make people introspect and realize their errors to actually create the so-called "equality" that you speak of. It's not done via offensive jokes - the medium is more refined, and less in-your-face. Did that really make it so hard to comprehend the purpose?

Some themes that have come up, that I'd consider quite important:
-The inequality and objectification of women (obviously) - as guys often see girls merely as in the "girls whom you have to get in a relationship with so you can have sex and that's all they really are, which is why guys and girls can't ever be friends" bullshit
-The lack of freedom of speech - that you can't share your opinion on things without a crowd of haters pretty much attacking you down just because they disapprove of what you have to say
-That people do all they can to harm and demonize others who differ from them and/or are part of a minority
-The people who talk about what is "right" and yet when no one sees doing the exact opposite of it, hypocrisy

And don't tell me the above list is not what the comic tends to be about, and that it's not an important question to ask that goes against typical behavior. It's a rebellion against the evils of the world, by making people see the problems through a somewhat simple and easily accessible form - a webcomic.

If you still believe he's not going "against the wave", you're probably doing something wrong.
(Not to mention, throwing pies in the face of random bypassers is in fact notoriously evil.)

- objectification, i don't care about that, it doesn't apply to how i think of women
-"that you can't share your opinion on things without a crowd of haters pretty much attacking you down just because they disapprove of what you have to say"
You mean like you just jumped me right now in pack of 4-5 ? Oh i get it, this is teaching by example. Point taken.
-"That people do all they can to harm and demonize others who differ from them and/or are part of a minority"
See the comments where i am called 'retard' for saying the artist shouldn't try to apologize for his earlier ( much funnier ) work. Again i am being , as you adequately put it, "demonized" ( and probably would be harmed if we would meet in person, most of you sound like violent sort of people by the hate comments alone ).
Again i am just basing my opinions on what i said and the...replies, i got.

Funny, in Japan they get to do this sort of pie to the face joke and people don't consider it "evil", awkward and annoying maybe, but not "evil".
Besides that was just an example, you can replace it with anything you want within more moderate limits of 'funny' if you want.
crayven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

Can you people utter a phrase without swearing for once. First time i came here i started insulting - shame on me.
Now i came and controlled my every word to not go overboard and i am viciously attacked for - the irony - my freedom of speech.

Fuck off, no one has been interested in anything you've had to say since you made your first impression.

If you're not interested why are you replying, or even reading my posts?

Edit: Gotta hand it to you, you sure know how to swear, argue, not so much.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone with your posting history shouldn't be lecturing anyone about attacking and calling names and failing to address arguments.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

A) My post was a joke.
B) You're not being attacked for your 'freedom of speech'. You are being told your opinion is wrong.
C) Freedom of speech doesn't really work that way, this is a private board, and freedom of speech isn't exactly freedom from criticism.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
crayven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
someone with your posting history shouldn't be lecturing anyone about attacking and calling names and failing to address arguments.

Ok true, i deserved all the crap i got THE FIRST TIME.

But when i posted now after several months of cooldown i didn't start shit and was quite civil about it, even you can agree to that.
And yet i still got shit flung my way.

And hell i didn't even say anything bad about feminism and still got shit flung my way.
And being told "hey you are wrong, here's why" works - we can have a discussion.
But getting the "awesome" reply of "fuck off" and that's it does not constitute a discussion.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when you come in railing away like a misogynistic creep, you don't get to slink back in with a veneer of civility and be entitled to being taken seriously.

Literally Crayven, people would view this board as a better place if you fucked off and never came back.

They would also view it as a better place if you stopped taking the entitled shitbag position in every argument, but i suspect you fucking off and never coming back is a more likely conclusion to your interactions here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

A) My post was a joke.
B) You're not being attacked for your 'freedom of speech'. You are being told your opinion is wrong.
C) Freedom of speech doesn't really work that way, this is a private board, and freedom of speech isn't exactly freedom from criticism.

Private board means the owner can come shut me up - he hasn't so far.
And i don't complain when criticized, just the way it is done.
If it was a joke then ok, i must have missed it.

I still think the black bible story ( or what was it called blackxploitation ) is funny.
And no i am not a racist or hate black people.
It's a joke strip and i laugh at it.
crayven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Also, when you come in railing away like a misogynistic creep, you don't get to slink back in with a veneer of civility and be entitled to being taken seriously.

Literally Crayven, people would view this board as a better place if you fucked off and never came back.

They would also view it as a better place if you stopped taking the entitled shitbag position in every argument, but i suspect you fucking off and never coming back is a more likely conclusion to your interactions here.

Why do you keep reading and replying to my posts if you are not "interested in what i have to say" ?
I don't recant my view on feminism - but here's the thing, we're not discussing that here, are we ? So your criticism while it may have some validity in a feminist topic has zero here.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

A) My post was a joke.

I still think the black bible story ( or what was it called blackxploitation ) is funny.

Of COURSE you aren't and of COURSE you do Rolling Eyes

Edit: NOW we get to pick at your racism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
crayven wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:

A) My post was a joke.

Of COURSE you aren't and of COURSE you do Rolling Eyes

Of course i aren't and i do what?
What, are you serious? Are you calling me a racist now? Seriously !?

Fun fact, i have this nice channel on youtube, i can link to it if you want so you can see the messages i get from neo-nazis and white supremacists fucks jsut because i trash them everywhere in the comments about their racism. And now i am a racist?
Wow !
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, you aren't quite as bad a racist as neonazi's and white supremacists.

You simply perpetuate institutional racism and stereotypes. Laugh at it (basically causing the same issues as people laughing at rape jokes, reinforcing in racists eyes that their view is totally ok and normal) and then defend it on the internet.

I think Miss M should be along with your cookie any minute now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Gosh, you aren't quite as bad a racist as neonazi's and white supremacists.

You simply perpetuate institutional racism and stereotypes. Laugh at it (basically causing the same issues as people laughing at rape jokes, reinforcing in racists eyes that their view is totally ok and normal) and then defend it on the internet.

I think Miss M should be along with your cookie any minute now.

You do realize i work with black and asian people? And that they laugh at the strip the same i do?
There's one thing to be racist and one thing to make fun of stereotypes - which by the way aren't even true of black people in Europe.
They don't have that accent, and they don't talk gangsta.

I haven't heard any rape jokes, nor do i think i'd laugh at one - you must be hanging with the wrong crowd if you keep hearing them.

And if you want racial stereotypes you have to look no further away than Hollywood who has "staple black guy" as a bag of stereotypes.
This strip is harmless in comparisson imo.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? You're rolling in with I know blacks and asians who laugh at that stuff too so its ok?

Really?

Man I'm glad I have my gay black friend.

Seriously dude, i'll stop responding to you when you shut the fuck up and go away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Really? You're rolling in with I know blacks and asians who laugh at that stuff too so its ok?

Really?

Man I'm glad I have my gay black friend.

Seriously dude, i'll stop responding to you when you shut the fuck up and go away.

Well better get comfy then and prepare to respond a LOT.
Yeah black people who actually have a sense of humor, how weird, i know, right? Smile

Edit: I just got called a "sand nigger" on youtube just now by some raving lunatic. You've picked the wrong person to frame as a racist, buddy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: