welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 286, 287, 288  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
I'm from the First Church of The Deep Dish. Have you accepted Cheesus Crust as your lord and savor?

I haven't but tell me more. The mention of cheesy crust compels me.

Auuuggh I haven't had cheesy crust in forever and really, really want some now.

But I really, REALLY don't want to eat Pizza Hut. FFFFFFF

they have this new thing where they replaced the pizza crust with a ring of little pockets of 5 Italian cheeses all melted together
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
I'm from the First Church of The Deep Dish. Have you accepted Cheesus Crust as your lord and savor?

they have this new thing where they replaced the pizza crust with a ring of little pockets of 5 Italian cheeses all melted together

Oh man that sounds delicious!

I can't eat Pizza Hut anymore, though. Had a really, REALLY bad experience at a local one.
(As in, BANDAID IN PIZZA bad experience. Thankfully not discovered via biting. I realize it was almost CERTAINLY an issue with the local chain, but.. that.. yeaaaah my brain just goes "NOPE NOPE NOPE" when the thought of eating pizza hut comes up. Damn you, pattern recognition gone amuck.)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Yinello wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Oh, he definitely makes me rethink my stance on never going anywhere near atheist get togethers or forums, despite my wish to communicate with other atheists. totally.

I'm an atheist, communicate with me! Very Happy Sadly I have not studied atheism at all and probably won't bring anything new to the table. XP

I'd make the same offer but I'm actually a pretty horrible atheist. I think I'm probably more 'agnostic' but I avoid throwing the word around because it's just the equivalent of stamping "CONVERT ME" on my forehead, when in reality I'd prefer to just not know and get on with my life.

Very Happy Yeah, there are atheists all around the net, so thankfully I can just stay here,

I'd prefer to go, "Hey, look at this cool thing! Science is awesome!" And when I feel bad, I go look up awesome things I didn't know could be done - like how we can now 3d print raw meat. (My first reaction was: Why not print cooked meat?.)

Hell, I didn't even know you could print food. I thought that was just for materials like plastic etc.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once you can print 3D objects in plastic, the obvious next step is to print chocolate. From there it's just a matter of complexity.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Well, once you can print 3D objects in plastic, the obvious next step is to print chocolate. From there it's just a matter of complexity.

... So, my idea to take the "Wow you seriously made that in a reverent fashion" chocolate-crucifix-jesuses to the next incredibly horrible level (STRAWBERRY FILLING) would be doable?

Actually, that's probably doable with current tech.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be offensive to eat a crucifix? Even if it is in chocolate.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Would it be offensive to eat a crucifix? Even if it is in chocolate.

Not as much as a chocolate Jesus.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can actually print chocolate, as well as bone and human tissue. I've seen an experiment with printable wood, looks interesting.

Printing sex toys is apparently a bit of a failure, though.

Also, thanks to our glorious future, we can now wear potted plants:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/471958/wearable-planter-no-3.html?li=productBox-search

And some people think the chocolate crucifixes are offensive. Others think rabbits and eggs are too pagan, so they'll grasp at any Jesus-y straw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

... So, my idea to take the "Wow you seriously made that in a reverent fashion" chocolate-crucifix-jesuses to the next incredibly horrible level (STRAWBERRY FILLING) would be doable?

Actually, that's probably doable with current tech.

3d printing can be used with liquids, so I think if you have one of the dual machines that can print two materials at once, you could totally do this.

By the way, 'Let's Pizza' is a vending machine that uses 3d printing for the sauce. The dough is mixed up fresh (So it probably won't be the most amazing crust because no time to rise), the sauce is printed on, and a slice of cheese the size of the crust with pepperoni embedded in is put over the sauce.

These things are actually in business in Italy, so 3d printed food is already a thing in the real world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A feminist guide to celebrating Thatcherís demise
"The feminists hate me, donít they? And I donít blame them. For I hate feminism. It is poison." -Margaret Thatcher
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

I can't eat Pizza Hut anymore, though. Had a really, REALLY bad experience at a local one.
(As in, BANDAID IN PIZZA bad experience. Thankfully not discovered via biting. I realize it was almost CERTAINLY an issue with the local chain, but.. that.. yeaaaah my brain just goes "NOPE NOPE NOPE" when the thought of eating pizza hut comes up. Damn you, pattern recognition gone amuck.)

I worked in a Pizza Hut. The owner required us to keep the dough fore a week or so (It's supposed to be tossed out every 24 hours.), tried to make us use moldy mushrooms, and refused to have the moldy, slowly collapsing ceiling fixed. Don't eat there in N.C. unless you know the place well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

I worked in a Pizza Hut. The owner required us to keep the dough fore a week or so (It's supposed to be tossed out every 24 hours.), tried to make us use moldy mushrooms, and refused to have the moldy, slowly collapsing ceiling fixed. Don't eat there in N.C. unless you know the place well.

... Was this in Chapel Hill, NC?

By University Mall?

Because if it was, we may be talking about the same damn pizza hut.
-Ed, from Digger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last Argument of Kings - Joe Abercrombie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

... Was this in Chapel Hill, NC?

By University Mall?

Because if it was, we may be talking about the same damn pizza hut.

No, it was in Jacksonville, in a run-down shopping center. I think this confirms my "Don't eat Pizza Hut in NC" idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yergh, this just makes me glad I don't care for pizza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 286, 287, 288  Next
Page 195 of 288

Jump to: