Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 268, 269, 270  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about these things:

stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart and other places selling school/office supplies usually have them way cheap in September. I still have a hoard of looseleaf paper from those sales that I think will last me the next ten years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you is a smart dude. it's like getting candy after halloween, or chocolate after vawwentine's day. or exceptionally grand london fog coats in early spring.

huh.

speaking of which.

i think i'm going to buy some coats.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I'm talking about these things:

Those don't work in the lab... the spiral binding and cardboard backing make them thick compared to the blue books. Blue books stack nicely, have holes to put them in 3-ring binders (if we ever needed that... we don't), and you can fit about 30 of them in a hanging folder. They're a little ungainly because you end up using so many, but I guess our main criteria is space, rather than cost (at least at this level of value). Plus we probably get some kind of faculty discount. I don't know. I just grab one out of the box, you know?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
you is a smart dude. it's like getting candy after halloween, or chocolate after vawwentine's day. or exceptionally grand london fog coats in early spring.

huh.

speaking of which.

i think i'm going to buy some coats.

Yes, indeed. Or getting Halloween and Christmas candy after Valentine's day, because if you get the right stuff it is still going to taste either good or alright. Sometimes it is god awful, but if it's only 30 cents the risk is worthwhile.

I have to swear off candy for a bit because they had this big blowout with old candy at the discount bin. I have eaten untold numbers of gummy fish.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

Those don't work in the lab...

We clearly have very different needs for our notebooks!

Something like this would be ideal, but they are, of course, very hard to find.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Those don't work in the lab...

We clearly have very different needs for our notebooks!

Something like this would be ideal, but they are, of course, very hard to find.

Fuck! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thanks for reminding me that Bakuman is over Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, ignore my quip about risk being worthwhile for cheap candy. I just remembered the time I bought Hanukkah gelt at Halloween for ten cents.

Sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone linked me to an interesting article about the perception that women talk more than men.

"The talkativeness of women has been gauged in comparison not with men but with silence. Women have not been judged on the grounds of whether they talk more than men, but of whether they talk more than silent women."

http://www.pbs.org/speak/speech/prejudice/women/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orgasm Gap. Some interesting links. Women experience one third as many orgasms as men, despite generally being able to achieve orgasm during masturbation in about the same amount of time. Meanwhile, women who have sex with women have almost as many orgasms as men who have sex with women. 30% of women and 25% of men don't even know where the clitoris is located (this one astonishes me, both because I'm surprised guys who don't know where it is sill manage to have sex and because those 30% of women have a clitoris but don't know where it is*). Here's where a woman's clitoris is (another link), 25% of you can thank me via PM.

* I'm not sure how accurate this number is... I'm skeptical (mainly about the 30% of women), but I'll look for corroboration.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
The Orgasm Gap. Some interesting links. Women experience one third as many orgasms as men, despite generally being able to achieve orgasm during masturbation in about the same amount of time. Meanwhile, women who have sex with women have almost as many orgasms as men who have sex with women. 30% of women and 25% of men don't even know where the clitoris is located (this one astonishes me, both because I'm surprised guys who don't know where it is sill manage to have sex and because those 30% of women have a clitoris but don't know where it is*). Here's where a woman's clitoris is (another link), 25% of you can thank me via PM.

* I'm not sure how accurate this number is... I'm skeptical (mainly about the 30% of women), but I'll look for corroboration.

This has me wondering about how the data that was analyzed.

Several years, as my wife was drying off after a shower, I made a joke about how she had been in there a long time. I asked her how many times she "got off" (i.e. orgasmed) and her response was "Oh I wasn't trying to get off, I was just masturbating." So I asked her if the hot water ran out and she answered no, sometimes she just liked to masturbate w/o the intent of getting off. She then told me that she had been doing this for as long as she's been sexually aware. It really puzzled me because I already knew that on a scale of "ease of achieving orgasm", she's at the the extreme end of "easily achieved". It makes me wonder what the flip side is: how many women CAN achieve orgasm readily yet do not try to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, and without data I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the behavior. I would assume most people are the same until evidence points me to believe otherwise, which would suggest that for the moment at least women are being neglected sexually through lack of and miseducation... But in all things individuals are not statistics. If your partner is having plenty of orgasms but also enjoys masturbating without orgasm then more power to her. That doesn't suggest to me any other woman is necessarily satisfied with not having orgasms, and as good partners it's just good manners to find out.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I don't know, and without data I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the behavior. I would assume most people are the same until evidence points me to believe otherwise, which would suggest that for the moment at least women are being neglected sexually through lack of and miseducation... But in all things individuals are not statistics. If your partner is having plenty of orgasms but also enjoys masturbating without orgasm then more power to her. That doesn't suggest to me any other woman is necessarily satisfied with not having orgasms, and as good partners it's just good manners to find out.

Oh, I don't doubt this. To my knowledge, men don't engage in masturbation w/o the purpose of achieving orgasm (but they might, who knows). As I see it, if it was found out that a significant portion of women engage in masturbation w/o seeking to achieve orgasm, then that would just go hand in hand with what you posted; it would further demonstrate the dearth of critical examination in the realm of female sexuality.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
but they might, who knows

me
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally a feminist game guiz.~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 268, 269, 270  Next
Page 198 of 270

Jump to: