welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mild ones. Mostly because I'm a lightweight. However I never really drink for the sake of drinking. After two or three glasses of vodka/cola, I'm pretty much done.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k

I still don't get why people keep getting that drunk, but mayhaps that's just because being drunk isn't all that fun to me.

also AA is totally a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, the five times I have gotten plastered/hammered/fucked-up drunk, I have not only remember with vivid clarity what I did the night before (like coming out in front of the entire bar *cringes*) but also with no hangover. I don't know if it is just my body chemistry at work or the work of the Oh God (god of hangovers).

Question: Where can I find a decent plan for a yarn ball spinner? Mine broke and all of my plans of selling recycled yarn are frozen because of it. Sad

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alcohol poisons your body's ability to deal with alcohol over time
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had one myself, but I never get very drunk. I get... really uncomfortable when I get closer to drunk. Mainly because I can feel my thoughts slowing down, and that kinda tends to freak me out a bit.

/I watch the inside of my head too much.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my drunk stages go from "endearingly affectionate" straight into "cries because of losing a sock in the blankets" so I tend to avoid drinking in excess. I was just so upset and freaked out because I wasn't even coordinated enough to find my fucking sock.

Mostly I've decided sleepy stage is when I'm done. If I feel tired I either stop drinking til I wake up, or go to sleep (and effectively stop drinking that way). It's worked well so far, I've only had a hangover when I didn't follow that rule.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go from 'slightly slower than usual' to 'floppy giggling idiot' to 'dull stupor'

the 'floppy giggling idiot' stage is okay, I guess. I don't like 'dull stupor.'
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm beginning to get drunk I tend to talk about relationships and emotional crap, then as I get properly drunk it feels like someone's hit me with a brick and I just kind of get silent, dopey and sleepy.

That dopey feeling generally sticks with me the day afterwards, which generally means I'll be getting nothing done all day.

Best time was falling down 5 flights of stairs in my dorm while being in that sleepy, dopey drunken state and just kind of passing out at the bottom door. Got woken up like 5 hours later when someone opened the door right into my face as I was sleeping. Suffice to say, it was a shitty morning.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to be wax between being friendly to silent and stolid. It is at this time that I notice that I refuse all drinks, except water oddly enough.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I go from 'slightly slower than usual' to 'floppy giggling idiot' to 'dull stupor'

the 'floppy giggling idiot' stage is okay, I guess. I don't like 'dull stupor.'

I go from happy and sober to "leave me the fuck alone I want to sleep."

I'm not a fun drunk. I'm not mean either, I just want to sleep. I will never figure out how people can get drunk and do stupid things because that requires you being awake.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like getting lightly drunk because everything seems funnier to me. I will laugh at the dumbest jokes and I will feel good. But I know that alcohol simply heightens my emotions, which is why I prefer being around people I love and trust when drinking. If I suddenly have a crying fit, I know I won't end up on the internet the next day.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've kind of been collecting art that reminds me of the places I've lived or spent significant amounts of time. It's like hanging memories on the wall, which is especially nice when I'm moving to a city I've never lived in before. I have pictures of Multnomah Falls outside Portland, the Florida Everglades, Lake Louise in Banff (close enough to Calgary, and I've hiked those mountains), and Mt Rainier. Now I need something from Bellingham for my next place in my next new city. I need some help, though.

I found this place. Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with them? I'd hate to buy a print just to find it's a shoddy enlargement or something.

Also, which one of these is your favorite (everyone can answer, just based on the aesthetics):
Mt Baker from the San Juan islands
Mt Shuksan at Sunset
Mt Baker at Sunset
Mt Shuksan from Picture Lake
Unnamed Peaks Outside Index, WA*

* This one would be cooler to me if these peaks were actual mountains I'd hiked on, but they appear to be the pointy bits of the foothills surrounding the town of Index (seen here and here [under "Recent Photos," the fourth picture]), which I've been to, but just to pass through.

EDIT: Gah, I just found redbubble.com... more pictures!

Mt Shuksan from Picture Lake (that's why they call it Picture Lake, folks)
B&W Mt Shuksan
Mt Baker's South Face
Mt Shuksan Mislabeled As Mt Baker (it's a great shot, but it bugs me that they called it the wrong mountain... it's clearly Shuksan from Picture Lake)
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get drunk very much, but when I do I try to prove stupid things, whether they are true or not, for no discernible reason. And then I feel terribly sick and awful for a long time. So only light drinking for me.

The only alcohol thing I like without diluting it with juice and sod is Fox Barrel elderberry and rhubarb wine. So damned good. If you know wny supertasters who hate alcohol, suggest they give that a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. That conversation was from like... 4 days ago. Focus on the now! Answer my question! ... which was really just "pick the prettiest picture." Even a drunkard could do that!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um Rocky Mountain Refreshment? I dunno, I'm actually going to bed now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 714 of 755

Jump to: