welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1650, 1651, 1652 ... 1712, 1713, 1714  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice big federal refund which will all go to hospital bills but that is okay! Because I am still doing okay!
Also V for Vendetta was on while I was doing my taxes. This amuses me.
I looked up some V for Vendetta information and it turns out that (of course) Alan Moore hates it BUT he really liked that the movie made the mask popular with the Anonymous crowd. Something that warms Moore's heart? I am happy that it is possible.

I did 5 minutes of advanced class the other day. So yay! No, I still don't know if I will be able to continue with martial arts long term but it was mildly encouraging.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, well I'm glad he got something out of the film!

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Moore is a crotchety old coot. Read his work but ignore his ramblings.

Oh I forgot one! Sex. Still going well which is kinda a big deal thank you very much. Some pain but it fades before the fireworks so win! Yeah, we are still only two weeks from the injection so more time evaluation needed but still great.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Just found my old "Classical Wolf" CD. Now that I can share with all I know the ridiculousness of wolves howling, trombones blaring, and campfire crackling that actually sounds more like urination.

Is that, like, a collection of popular classical music with wolf howls layered on top?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Just found my old "Classical Wolf" CD. Now that I can share with all I know the ridiculousness of wolves howling, trombones blaring, and campfire crackling that actually sounds more like urination.

Is that, like, a collection of popular classical music with wolf howls layered on top?

Yes, that is exactly what it is - and the best part is the howls don't appear to be timed to the music, but are just randomly thrown in. Here is a copy for sale on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Classical-Wolf-Strauss/dp/B0002LFA98

I see new copies sell for $30. Funny, because I bought it sometime in 1998 for $1.00, and it's not worth that much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is a kinda selfish thing to put in the pleasures thread I guess but I'm finally working on that comic I've had in my head for 15 or so years. I've only got about one and a half pages done yet, but I finally have an entire outline and I'm actually managing to make backgrounds I don't completely hate so that's pretty cool.

I'm still worried nobody will like it because it's dark and sad and not at all the kind of stories I go to personally but that's mostly because it's a dumping grounds for things that rip my heart out which is actually kind of a lot of stuff and agh.

But no really it's a pleasure because I really want to tell this story. Even if other people don't like it.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it has substance and it's what you care about, I bet people will read it. When you have it up, can I have a link? I'll add it to my comics list.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well-made cup of coffee first thing in the morning is a simple, yet underrated, pleasure.
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of lifes little pleasures are selfish things. We all accept that, and I don't think most of us would begrudge you enjoying that work, and telling us about it (if so, we're viewing the wrong thread). If you are doing something you enjoy, awesome. If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind reading it either. A properly told dark story can end up being a gripping tale, instead of just something to read briefly and forget.
Have a pleasant day
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely post a link at some point (probably just shove it in the pleasures thread, as I don't want to make a whole new thread for it). It will probably be a while, though, as I said I've got very little done so far. I don't want to start posting prematurely because it's taking me like two weeks per page... probably won't put it up until I have a decent buffer and I can start churning out pages a little faster.

It's really background heavy, which is funny because I'm horrible at backgrounds. Putting the extra work in them helps though, so that's why it's taking so long.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installing Mavis Beacon Deluxe! From a CD! Onto Windows XP! Ah, technologically crawling backwards...how awesome you are. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, wow. Talk about timing. I'm surplusing some old laptops at work today and have to wipe the hard drives. Usually I use a USB drive to run a disk wiping app but the laptop I just started working on can't even boot to USB. So for the first time in a long time, I am booting a computer up from a floppy disk.

Yup, this laptop has an integrated floppy drive and I am actually using it. And it was running Windows 2000(quite well, actually...)
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a bunch of stuff happened, and I forgot I had an assignment due yesterday until it was too late. It's only 2% of my overall grade, so I didn't stress it too much. Anyhow, I log on today, and the due date has been extended Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a presentation for a class this morning that I thought I wasn't prepared for, and thought I did horribly. I seem to be the only one who thought that though (we're our own worst critics, aren't we?)

Also got a test back that I thought I bombed and did decently in my one class that I'm doing poorly in.

All in all, a good day
Have a pleasant day
Kilgore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like a pipe and a cold beer on a warm spring day.

-Slick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1650, 1651, 1652 ... 1712, 1713, 1714  Next
Page 1651 of 1714

Jump to: