welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/15 - Hand in your testicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically you could make a broth, since there would be no bones in it. Add some veggies, though, and oh boy....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the bot using *it's* voice, or is it Nique's voice coming out of the thing? If it doesn't sound like Nique, Slick's reaction makes a taaad more sense. I heard his yell as a high pitched squeak though.

I'm expecting this to bite 'Nique in the BAM! sometime in the future, because NO ONE gets to stay that happy in Sinfest anymore.

Is it wrong I kinda want someone to show 'nique the SCUM manifesto after all this? I'd kill for her to be the strawman for the feminazi's like Slick is the strawman for dudebros.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halleck wrote:

Is it wrong I kinda want someone to show 'nique the SCUM manifesto after all this? I'd kill for her to be the strawman for the feminazi's like Slick is the strawman for dudebros.

You are so wrong, at so many levels...

Be compassionate
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's just fucking wrong to present an immature male character floundering while a female character is mature and getting on with her life. Because that totes never happens, and no one should poke fun at dudebros or MRAs, and isn't feminism just awful, giving the wimmins those ideas that make them forget fun and break out the machine guns of emasculation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
On the girls v. women front, I often make it a point to refer to people as women rather than girls in the workplace since I personally find it respectful, but I'd be an awfully entitled, privileged irritant if I insisted that other people change themselves to suit my preferences by following suit.

I just try to make it equal. If I'm talking and I've used the word "girl," I will refer to any male-humans as "boys" to keep it fair. If I say "lady," I will say "gentleman," if I say "man," I will say "woman," if I say "female," I will say "male," etc.

The problem isn't really the words so much as the lack of balance that's often present.

*drops her two cents in the thought-jar*

Chat About
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my reasons for thinking MRAs are stupid are fairly similar to my reasons for thinking feminism is stupid, except MRAs have about two or three extra layers of stupidity
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strawwomen for feminazis? Yeah like people have never made those ever.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Felgraf, not all women bear two x chromosomes, so maybe don't unless you know for sure. And they may refer to themselves as girls, but unless you use the word in the right way, it comes off as condescending - because that is how it has been used in the past. As in 'Women are children with little brain power.'

Slick is an example of someone whose support is very tepid, not genuine. His words are, 'I knew it!' So he never really believed that feminism was a good thing. He never believed in what it stands for. And in essence, he thinks Nique should just take part in every sexist thing ever.

And the sexist code of ethics says she should entertain men with her sexay, and she should fit neatly into a prescribed role. He is under the delusion that feminists are after his balls (not true) while actual women are being bomfed against their will and exploited.

They are dealing with some major actual shit, and he's got his imaginary tiny man problems. (His friendship drifting away is a real problem, but he could do something to stop that if he'd grow the fuck up.)

Sorry for the belated reply: Yes, I realize not all women bear to X chromosomes, whether due to Chimerism, a gentic-thingy-that-I-can't-remember-the-name-of-currently (where the body develops opposite the chromosomes you have), or gender identity. I was being silly. I do not actually intend to refer to females as bearers of two x chromosomes.

I suppose we're just atking the 'I knew it' differently. I didn't think it was actually *serious*, much like I didn't think Monique actually felt punching men was an appropriate response (despite her saying so), but eh.

I suppose I don't like what the two women are doing here because.. I generally don't like watching people being humiliated for "ha ha!" laughs, and, well, being laughed at, which somewhat seems to be the intent of what they are doing. (From my perspective. I realize this is opinion. Sort of "Haaa, look how easily we can screw with Slick!"). Even if they're terrible horrible people, I wind up feeling *bad* for them.

(This is also why I cannot watch a lot of American Sitcoms. The Office, for instance, is just... it's like it's *physically painful* whenever Steve Carell's character is on the screen.)

It's probably just due to me being overly empathetic, or some such, but that's why I *do not* like what they are doing. Whether or not his issues or fears (especially the feeling that Monique is drifting away, feelings of self-loathing that we saw were significant enough to cause Sleaze to 'take action' and steal his heart from the safe) are petty, I don't like seeing people, well, using those fears for laughs.

This is probably why I also don't like shows like 'punk'd' and stuff.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhron wrote:
Halleck wrote:

You are so wrong, at so many levels...

Besides, fembot is clearly going to be the radfem of this comic Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: