welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-04-21 Click!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i ship Tat with Tit

they were made for each other
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tat and tit's lovechild shall be named tot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we bringing back the Tits for Tat campaign?
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancore wrote:
Finnegan wrote:
"take my hand... run for your life!"

I think the saying goes "Come with me if you want to Live."

I was thinking more the doctor, not the terminator.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people who feel that comics need text have shallow love for and appreciation of the medium; hating a medium for one of it's strengths seems kinda dumb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
shipping actual people is kind of creepy

Mh... I'd have understood if you added "with fictional characters," but otherwise why? It's not like you actually control that shit. Never have you seen two people and thought that they'd make a good couple? I don't particularly root for couples more often than not, but I know that it's a thing people do. How is that not shipping?

It is creepy when people start constantly shipping actual people in real life. Had a lesbian friend who were constantly shipping famous men with other famous men, and I am still not sure whether they believed all men are gay or not. And actors who played gay men or bisexual men (Who she just treated as gay) were pretty much all just treated as gay by her. Because why not? She didn't do the same thing with women, which I don't understand. Also, this was a constant thing. Like all the time.

It isn't like these celebrities will hear about any of this, but that doesn't make it any less weird. It can be a bit like stalking - but with the purpose of setting the victim up with someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Oh, I don't ship all of the ships on that little pixel page. Only some of them. I mean, if I'm going to do little shipping pixels I might as well go all the way and do as many as I physically can, right? Since they are mostly for the use of others. The entire page is actually in a permanent state of WIP, so I'll add more as soon as I get more done.

With 41 characters there are 820 possible ships so I wouldn't expect you to ever complete it... but yeah, good luck. Perhaps someone will ever need an icon for Seymour X Xanthe, so you are doing a great public service.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
It is creepy when people start constantly shipping actual people in real life. Had a lesbian friend who were constantly shipping famous men with other famous men, and I am still not sure whether they believed all men are gay or not. And actors who played gay men or bisexual men (Who she just treated as gay) were pretty much all just treated as gay by her. Because why not? She didn't do the same thing with women, which I don't understand. Also, this was a constant thing. Like all the time.

It isn't like these celebrities will hear about any of this, but that doesn't make it any less weird. It can be a bit like stalking - but with the purpose of setting the victim up with someone else.

...Normally, even when we argue, I can see your position, but I really don't about this particular thing. Well, I guess that you are probably talking about very specific cases like, say, with your friend that ships heterosexual men with each other, but generally that's not the case. Real life shipping is mostly like friends or family telling you "Why don't you ask this person out? S/he seems like fun." or not even telling one anything, just commenting amongst friends. That can be at its worst slightly annoying, but I wouldn't call it creepy.

In the case of your friend in particular... It doesn't sound so much like shipping as it is a form of wish fulfilment. Even though I really don't know what reasons a queer woman has for that, she likes the idea of pretty homosexual men forming couples so she thinks "man that would be cool," but doesn't actively believe that it could or should happen, which is how shipping works.

...I think. Miss M is that how shipping works?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The example i was talking about is very specific. It was just a creepy thing I wanted to share. It was a sense of ownership, as in she owned these famous people and they therefore owed her to alter their sexuality. She did occasionally ship random people on the bus or people we knew as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like shipping fictional characters and reading the kind of stories that can come out of it but there really needs to be a limit. It's like anything, honestly, when you take it to extremes it gets super weird.

Shipping actual real life people seems pretty extreme to me, is all. Plus, stripey, what you're describing sounds a lot more like complete objectification than what I would consider your average ship.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be. I have known some creepy ass fans, so they likely have skewed my sense of what the things they liked doing are actually supposed to be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeeah. I've known a few, too.

I've met a lot of fans that aren't huge bags of dicks, though. It's just sad you only really hear about the crazies and everyone who just really enjoys media in a socially acceptable and not jackass kinda way gets forgotten.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Oh, I don't ship all of the ships on that little pixel page. Only some of them. I mean, if I'm going to do little shipping pixels I might as well go all the way and do as many as I physically can, right? Since they are mostly for the use of others. The entire page is actually in a permanent state of WIP, so I'll add more as soon as I get more done.

With 41 characters there are 820 possible ships so I wouldn't expect you to ever complete it...

and that's just assuming none of the characters are polyamorists which, this being sinfest and all, probably can't be ruled out as quickly as you might do so otherwise.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
Leohan wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

With 41 characters there are 820 possible ships so I wouldn't expect you to ever complete it...

and that's just assuming none of the characters are polyamorists which, this being sinfest and all, probably can't be ruled out as quickly as you might do so otherwise.

It has a strict format, though: Character looking right / little heart / character looking left.
khan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
are we bringing back the Tits for Tat campaign?

You sir are a genius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: